Oldschool Supermarkets

cambridgebanteer

Never stepped foot in any of them myself but from what i gather (when i was growing up ) netto,lidl and aldi were all pretty much the same sort of stores.

I,e budget stores most probably frequented by african aunties and single parent jamaicans that would get you cussed by your fellow peers at school. I,e "your mum shops at netto", "shut up fam you shop at aldi".

Joke ting is im sure most of the kids doing the cussing parents shopped in these stores lol.

Oh how times have changed.

Personally it has always been a tescos or sainsburys ting for me.

Mainly because i have like 3 24 hour tescos all within like a 3 mile radius of my crib and the sainsburys near me is dead cheap.

Oii fuck off eazy.. I want wimpy now they still got 1 in notts fucking dear as fuck tho for the same size as a happy meal but worth every penny 

No one has mentioned virgin megastores I did my 2 weeks of work experience there two weeks of hell!!!

Actually Wasnt that bad I got a CD at the end and mostly just played ps2 lol

4 hours ago, Taurus said:

Edmonton Lidl>>>

easily the best place to buy bread as far as the closest M&S or some bougie bakery

but I've never been able to find anything else I'd actually want there, whereas Asda a few mins walk away has almost everything else

55 minutes ago, CurryMan said:

man forgetting Food Giant/Gateway

2 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Uptown stacks

Don't get it twis

/

The thing with lidl an iceland is it keeps you disciplined with your shop. Spend £20 in lidl for the week. Go to sainsburys an spend £30 on crap that will last a couple days. Its nuts, too much choice

Gateway? @grafter that’s very true hat where Lidl and Aldi have cornered the market they don’t have 16 types of ketchup and biscuits they have 1 or 2 of your main supplies no need for all the 20 versions of flour . I was in Tesco other day to purchase cheese and cornflour I came out with nonsesne snacks and a candle . They know what they’re doing 

still ain’t got my corn flour

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, NORA BATTY said:

Oii fuck off eazy.. I want wimpy now they still got 1 in notts fucking dear as fuck tho for the same size as a happy meal but worth every penny 

No one has mentioned virgin megastores I did my 2 weeks of work experience there two weeks of hell!!!

Actually Wasnt that bad I got a CD at the end and mostly just played ps2 lol

Lol ours went . I thought they’d all gone like the Geri curl ? 

• Upvote 1

shops are closing left right and centre I think sainsburys is my one stop shop for alot of products u can't beat there variety 

In years to come we wont have to worry about running out of bogroll the supermarket s will keep an inventory of our products and when your low they will just replace it it will be all online and sent out to u...

How exciting lool

15 minutes ago, NORA BATTY said:

shops are closing left right and centre I think sainsburys is my one stop shop for alot of products u can't beat there variety 

In years to come we wont have to worry about running out of bogroll the supermarket s will keep an inventory of our products and when your low they will just replace it it will be all online and sent out to u...

How exciting lool

Asda taking over Sainsbury’s so their standard may go a bit askew.