Oldschool Supermarkets

cambridgebanteer

What about them bossman shops that used to sell designer garms to the hood

Used to be one on streatham high road, i was so out of touch, last year  or maybe previous year went lookin for it to see of they had 97s before the rerelease. Hadn't been there in over 10 yrs anyway when i got my ladt pair

I think there's still one in Croydon

1 hour ago, NORA BATTY said:

There looking to change retail in some ways  

1 hour delivery slot would be nice though I do use home delievery for Morrison's occasionally but having to wait 3 days for ur shopping is ridiculous

Being from Yorkshire there’s a lot of Morrison’s here. Got some decent bakery, fish foods. I suppose because the quality is there on their hand baked products people willing to put up with the slower service.

There customer service and food is on point can't beat their cakes n doughnuts 

Wat makes me laugh is the way the staff at aldi run around like there's a war on it's always packed so the checkout operator is moving mad u save money but aldi isn't a nice shopping experience I avoid at all cost same with Iceland bareee qs 

35 minutes ago, NORA BATTY said:

There customer service and food is on point can't beat their cakes n doughnuts 

Wat makes me laugh is the way the staff at aldi run around like there's a war on it's always packed so the checkout operator is moving mad u save money but aldi isn't a nice shopping experience I avoid at all cost same with Iceland bareee qs 

It’s crazy I know folks that work Tesco and Sainsbury’s and your contract states I think you got to put 200 or 300 items per x amount of time Aldi you have to put through 1200 at the same slotted x time. Plus you have to do extra duties when called eg replenish stock whereas the big four  your on specific duties only. Aldi staff do earn that 9pound plus base rate they really do. 

Your right though especially come Xmas season it’s going to be like war zone in that place lol

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, easy.pee.zee said:

Gateway? @grafter that’s very true hat where Lidl and Aldi have cornered the market they don’t have 16 types of ketchup and biscuits they have 1 or 2 of your main supplies no need for all the 20 versions of flour . I was in Tesco other day to purchase cheese and cornflour I came out with nonsesne snacks and a candle . They know what they’re doing 

still ain’t got my corn flour

2147798108.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfDGnmXPnEEaeQU7fEGBX

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2018 at 11:02 PM, The Somalian said:

Rumbelows, BHS, Toys R Us, Maplin, Comet, Phones4U, Dixons

swear half of these still about :rofl:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 1:09 PM, Admin. said:

swear half of these still about :rofl:

Rumbelows ,  

Ceased operations: February 1995

BHS ,

Defunct: 31 August 2016

Toys R Us ,

Online sales ceased on 28 February 2018 and the last stores closed on 24 April 2018

Maplin ,

Ceased operations: 25 June 2018

Comet ,

Defunct‎: ‎18 December 2012

Phones4U ,

Ceased operations: 6 August 2014

Dixons

Defunct    September 2014

• Upvote 2

lol rah swear i was in maplin last week

/

2018 ones not oldschool tho ????

Just now, Seydou said:

Which store was it that had game consoles you could play?

As a try-out

Hmv?

Woolworths? Think it was Woolworths

Woolworths in clapham high street was replaced by Boots, no where near as useful. If i want a hammer an some tights a dvd player, mobile phone and some sweeties right now, one stop where do i go

17 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Hmv?

Woolworths? Think it was Woolworths

Woolworths in clapham high street was replaced by Boots, no where near as useful. If i want a hammer an some tights a dvd player, mobile phone and some sweeties right now, one stop where do i go

Wilko is the closest thing to old school woolworths but still no where near the variety

I know it not a old school shop/supermarket but me and my boy was talking about when McDonald’s had the meals for £2.88 and when they did the apple pie and ice cream in the tray thing...

heath had the play ting which I think is still there... and remember them stiff seats which turned to the side and the drink came in the white with the 3 m’s around it