School introduces Anti Spill Policy

Afroman

Expensive designer coats ban at Merseyside school

school in Merseyside has banned pupils from wearing expensive designer coats in a bid to stop "poverty-shaming" among its students.

In a letter to parents, Woodchurch High School in Birkenhead said pupils would not be allowed to wear branded coats such as Moncler, Pyrenex and Canada Goose.

Head teacher Rebekah Phillips said pupils and parents supported the move.

However, some people on Twitter have called the ban "absolutely ridiculous".

The labels banned by the school include children's sizes which sell for between £400 and £1,000.

The ban will be introduced after the Christmas holidays.

Peer pressure

Mrs Phillips said: "We are very concerned as a school about poverty-proofing our school environment and, as such, we met with groups of pupils and made the decision in consultation with them.

"The pupils spoke to us about the pressure on families and the pressure on themselves to wear particular branded coats and forced to buy used Airmax's from ebay to stay in trend. A few years ago we introduced a school bag for the same reason.

"We have had parents approaching us asking us to introduce a ban prior to us writing the letter."

Thoughts Ag?

Good move. More peer pressure on Socials though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-46221556

• Upvote 3

Was debating this earlier....

thought thats what uniforms were for ?

amount of man that got finessed for there jackets in my school was nuts still

24 minutes ago, cambridgebanteer said:

certain people had dumb bints for a mum. 

Ain't nobody who wore rockports and new tn's  every week at school  earning 6 figures now 

you right 

....but rockports?

schott jacket / jd basketball jackets, even kickers man dem i see them all now mad bummy 

1 hour ago, JOHN DOE said:

you right 

....but rockports?

schott jacket / jd basketball jackets, even kickers man dem i see them all now mad bummy 

I aint bummy still lol

the loafers i had in school during september/october months>>>>

the day i learnt to forge my mums signature was mad never wore shoes or trousers ever again.

No suprise its up north. I heard the bullying up them brexit sides is on a next level.

/

My school crep game was kinda tragic from about year 7 to 9.

While the mandem had workouts and kickers i had them cheap ass dusty loafers from that bait shoe shop that everyone used to get theirs from in enfield town. Cant remember the name.

From year 9 onwards i had these

s-l1600.jpg

And these

Sneakers-Fila-F-13-BlackGoldGum-tfGAkxjA

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, dayomesaydayo said:

No suprise its up north. I heard the bullying up them brexit sides is on a next level.

/

My school crep game was kinda tragic from about year 7 to 9.

While the mandem had workouts and kickers i had them cheap ass dusty loafers from that bait shoe shop that everyone used to get theirs from in enfield town. Cant remember the name.

From year 9 onwards i had these

s-l1600.jpg

And these

Sneakers-Fila-F-13-BlackGoldGum-tfGAkxjA

Those FILA's were bait.  Not sure bout that color way. Only Romanians and Eastern Europeans sported those with golden striped Adidas tracky

Nuts I went to a school full of actually rich people and we never had anything like this. Everyone more or less had the same stuff. The only stand out things were the GAP hoodies and miss sixty jeans lmao.

And with shoes alll i wanted was kickers like everyone else. But my mum consistently bought Clark's. 'i just think you will look so cute an dinky in these'

Is cute an dinky the aim for a 13 yr old?

I was mocked, "omg grace, is that a green leather patch?" 

An my school bag, why she givin me a green leather back pack (I'd probably rock it now) but my god. "Lol is that yiur satchel?"

I can laugh now but pain in my life.

The rest of the uniform had to be from peter Jones, deputy head could spot a non reg skirt a mile off an if u didn jave it right the next day, problems.