Done with negative threads...

CK.

Guest Durrty Boi

people need to tap intot he business side, not everyone needs to be an mc and sh*t.act more professional, do stuff to a certain standard, try harder with videos, the actual music, promote it harderbasically take more time with itpeople jus record, put it on myspace, do a 1 hour video for channel u n thats it, no preparation and follow ups.just an idea

Guest SHO FACE GOON

bring back vinylproducers need to experiment with different tempos aswellbasically everyone(mc, dj, producer) needs to work harder and take things to the next level

Guest Durrty Boi

dubstep is what grime was when i loved itanywaysdiff tempos with grime is so hardonly other one that would work would be 70bpm lolcoz then its jus not grime n its hard for them to spit onprobunless they do hip hop

dubstep is what grime was when i loved itanywaysdiff tempos with grime is so hardonly other one that would work would be 70bpm lolcoz then its jus not grime n its hard for them to spit onprobunless they do hip hop
same.but other tempos are possible, that track dizzee produced on the more fire cv, "still the same" is 160 bpm

Guest Durrty Boi

alsopromopeople do a tune and just think DJs and sh*t will magically just get the track and play ityou get d*ckheads cryin when they dont get played by Logan like he shud jus magically get hold of the trackalso off thatpeoples egos need to deflate abit and they need to be able to take direction and not think they know everything about anything

remember who said bring back the bassline 1st...the album is coming
People were saying bring back bassline from time when it went biggrin.gif
loooolOk im constantly debating with CK & Shyone. I used to think grime had no chance of blowing but recently ive seen alot of impovement.Wiley and Dizzee rascal are the talk on every forum, radio stations and have had alot of tv appearances. Wiley showed alot of professionalism in his interview and Dizzee has got alot going on this week. Anyway for grime to move forward i agree with everything 'Durty Boy' said.Studio needs to be planned. Real producers know they have to work with artist, not jus make the beat. Im abit hypocritical to say this but an artists myspace should also kept professional. Everyone needs to understand that grime should be treated as a buisness and forget sub-standard music. Also there are far too many not even 'youngers' I would say 'Tinys' because there are too many kids under 15 talking about gang life. Too much to say lol CK knows

The difficulty here is that grime is not - beats and a dutty bassline at 140 BPM. It is now anything which ends up at 140 BPM that someone can spit over...Slide the tempo of a some of the newer grime tunes and you will find that it is now hip hop.But with grime i see sides forming its sad....but you get liek "west coast hip hop" and "south style hip hop." Its happening with grime...I find that artist from the east and north and now outside london are on this "remastered soul to grime" music. Whereas other artists in different places are stil trying to do the bassline stuff which is Grime, I could be wrong but its how i percieve it.On this area business Grime will find it hard to get big because of its origin..."Hip hop" is a huge scene which was started in America anybody outside the USA trying to do a Hip Hop type genre gets dismissed, this is the same Grime started in london both grime and london are smaller then America and Hip Hop its a ratio...meaning that there is much less room for new artist because anyone outside london isnt accepted.Also grime is typically the expression of children that are angry at society and dont want to vent out there hate in crime (in some cases they do crime and music) they need to choose. We cant have artist that are suppsoed to be leading the scene running around selling crack, they need to choose roads or music. To many people appear on DVDs like "Nar B, i been on the roads still fam did couple robberies and ting so i aint released no tunes init" For grime to get anywhere there needs to be dedicated artists that are focused on nothing else but promoting there sound.Ahh yes promoting. Myspace will not make you famous because on myspace you are one person amongst however many bands if you want to get somewhere make your music burn it to CD and be prepared to give out free copies all over the place. You can not make an Album and expect epopel to pay £6 for it because your friends know who you are and two girls on myspace said your good, you got to promote yourself. Whatever you saw happen to JME or Lady Sovereign wont necessarily happen to you.I have started to go abit off topic...but the artist that are well established in grime now aint really going anywhere they are all pushing late 20s Wiley will not be famous and appearing on BASE everyday making Grime because the music is associated with Kids once your 31 you wont want to be making music that 15 year olds can relate to. It is up to the younger generation. At a stretch the likes of Devlin and Griminal could be leading but the people that are not doing anything now are most important. If the 16 year olds (like me biggrin.gif ) start getting there act together they could be established within a few years and have a good 10 years of a music career infront of them in grime.Now i have given myself a headache from typing to much

Also grime is typically the expression of children that are angry at society and dont want to vent out there hate in crime (in some cases they do crime and music) they need to choose. We cant have artist that are suppsoed to be leading the scene running around selling crack, they need to choose roads or music. To many people appear on DVDs like "Nar B, i been on the roads still fam did couple robberies and ting so i aint released no tunes init" For grime to get anywhere there needs to be dedicated artists that are focused on nothing else but promoting there sound.[/b][/i][/size]
Agreed with everything you just said. apart frm what i jus highlighted.Mcs always say its an expression of their anger but thats the most wafflecakes.They in my opinion glamourise violence. The only mc who actuly talks about society and politcs without glamourising it is BASHY. Black the ripper is another mc who talks about whats actualy going on.

The difficulty here is that grime is not - beats and a dutty bassline at 140 BPM. It is now anything which ends up at 140 BPM that someone can spit over...Slide the tempo of a some of the newer grime tunes and you will find that it is now hip hop.But with grime i see sides forming its sad....but you get liek "west coast hip hop" and "south style hip hop." Its happening with grime...I find that artist from the east and north and now outside london are on this "remastered soul to grime" music. Whereas other artists in different places are stil trying to do the bassline stuff which is Grime, I could be wrong but its how i percieve it.On this area business Grime will find it hard to get big because of its origin..."Hip hop" is a huge scene which was started in America anybody outside the USA trying to do a Hip Hop type genre gets dismissed, this is the same Grime started in london both grime and london are smaller then America and Hip Hop its a ratio...meaning that there is much less room for new artist because anyone outside london isnt accepted.Also grime is typically the expression of children that are angry at society and dont want to vent out there hate in crime (in some cases they do crime and music) they need to choose. We cant have artist that are suppsoed to be leading the scene running around selling crack, they need to choose roads or music. To many people appear on DVDs like "Nar B, i been on the roads still fam did couple robberies and ting so i aint released no tunes init" For grime to get anywhere there needs to be dedicated artists that are focused on nothing else but promoting there sound.Ahh yes promoting. Myspace will not make you famous because on myspace you are one person amongst however many bands if you want to get somewhere make your music burn it to CD and be prepared to give out free copies all over the place. You can not make an Album and expect epopel to pay £6 for it because your friends know who you are and two girls on myspace said your good, you got to promote yourself. Whatever you saw happen to JME or Lady Sovereign wont necessarily happen to you.I have started to go abit off topic...but the artist that are well established in grime now aint really going anywhere they are all pushing late 20s Wiley will not be famous and appearing on BASE everyday making Grime because the music is associated with Kids once your 31 you wont want to be making music that 15 year olds can relate to. It is up to the younger generation. At a stretch the likes of Devlin and Griminal could be leading but the people that are not doing anything now are most important. If the 16 year olds (like me biggrin.gif ) start getting there act together they could be established within a few years and have a good 10 years of a music career infront of them in grime.Now i have given myself a headache from typing to much
I agree with what you've said but i'd like to add a few points.Spitting grime at 70bpm Is just doubletiming.I think this a good thingI dont like to admit it but grime IS now a sub-genre of hip-hip. Its rap orientated garage. However it's important that grime is mixed in the same bowl as UKHH. That could kill grime all together. Our artsist need to distiguish themselve away from that whole culture. When grime artists go on MTV Base etc. I get worked up if UKhiphop gets a mention... and grime doesn't. As for people getting mad when grime artists make rap thats wrong. However its important that grime artists REPRESENT grime when they do make it out of the underground.This is becuase some artists are from backgrounds which are as harsh and genuine as they claim. Some are not. It's always going to be idolised because thats what we are used to. It happens in all the genres similar to grime. (HH, DANCEHALL ETC). It is wrong that the young ones adopt this attitude though. You can blame the examples set by the olders, but at the same time you cant blame them for represtenting what they are and where theyve come from.Most MC's simply dont have the money.