It's official: Tottenham are the most stressful Premier League team to watch

Rsonist

Tottenham Hotspur will pick up silverware of sorts this week when they're crowned the Premiership's most stressful team to watch. Lloydspharmacy conducted an analysis of league results, league positions and margins of victory and defeat in order to calculate the amount of stress teams inflict on their fans. The analysis, which was based on league results from January 1 2007 to the end of last season, shows that Spurs fans suffered more heart-stopping moments than any other groups of supporters in the Premiership due to the team's failed bid to qualify for the Champions League (compounded by losing out to arch rival Arsenal), and the relatively high number of narrow margin victories and defeats. Spurs were only fractionally ahead of West Ham in the Lloydspharmacy Fans Premiership. Hammers fans endured a heart stopping, but ultimately successful, relegation battle last season. "I guess if you add in the stress caused by appeals resulting from the Carlos Tevez affair then being a West Ham fan was probably more stressful than following Spurs, but based on results and league position, Spurs just nicked it," said Chris Frost, Lloydspharmacy's Head of Marketing. And the Premiership's most chilled out fans? Middlesbrough's, for whom mid-table obscurity was a recipe for stress-free football following. The findings appear to be backed up by Tottenham fans. "Watching Spurs can be painful as well as stressful," said Toby Mitchenall, a White Hart Lane regular. "We can be on top in a game with a two-goal cushion, but still worrying that we'll throw it all away. It's often exciting, but never relaxing." Louise Guggenheim added: "Spurs are a really heart-stopping team to support because they put us through total agony every single game and there hasn't been a truly happy ending for some time now." "Going to White Hart Lane is always a stressful affair," said Alex Bell. "I remember watching the FA Cup replay with Chelsea last season and feeling sick by the end because I had been so tense throughout. "We never seem to have just an average game which makes them great to watch but is no good for my heart." Lloydspharmacy Fans Stress Premiership Tottenham Hotspur 93.6 West Ham 93.5 Wigan Athletic 93.4 Charlton Athletic 93.2 Watford 92.4 Reading 87.9 Everton 86.1 Sheffield United 85.7 Portsmouth 81.5 Chelsea 75.4 Fulham 74.0 Man United 71.4 Bolton Wanderers 70.3 Man City 68.2 Newcastle United 68.1 Liverpool 61.7 Arsenal 59.7 Aston Villa 52.6 Blackburn Rovers 49.7 Middlesbrough 43.7 How points were worked out Points were awarded for expectations versus the previous season (2005/6), final league standings, closely won or lost matches and draws, the number of red cards awarded and the team's league position each week from 1 January 2007.
Some fans are living the life of riley.

Been saying it to people on here for years, swear supporting Spurs has probably taken 20 years off my life expectancy already. Its a f*ckin joke. Be it all the last minute goals we conceded in 05/06, throwing away leads in 06/07, the west ham game last year, the game last night, just to name a few, i cant take it anymore....

Been saying it to people on here for years, swear supporting Spurs has probably taken 20 years off my life expectancy already. Its a f*ckin joke. Be it all the last minute goals we conceded in 05/06, throwing away leads in 06/07, the west ham game last year, the game last night, just to name a few, i cant take it anymore....
You could make like sol cambell and jump

Disagree with what?And do what?
I'm saying I disagree with this but I would do as I'm West Ham who I feel personify stress.RelegationPlay off lossPlay off winFA Cup lossRelegation battleFineTevez affairThat's just the last 3 years!!!!!Spurs nearly making top 4 doesn't come close.I'm not even including the amount of 2-0 up or 3-0 up reversals we've had in this time!

West Ham never have any expectation though?
You have expectations above your station, delusions of grandeur I believe it's called.Yawn.Should we expect to sell every player we ever produce.Get relegated.Be run by cunts.Etc etc times inifinity.

You have expectations above your station, delusions of grandeur I believe it's called.
Pre 2003, possibly.But in the last 4 years or so, no.
Thinking you will break the top 4 = Delusions of grandeur.

You have expectations above your station, delusions of grandeur I believe it's called.
Pre 2003, possibly.But in the last 4 years or so, no.
Thinking you will break the top 4 = Delusions of grandeur.
First of all that was mainly the media and an excuse for Spurs fans to wind up witless gooners.But anyway how it is delusions of grandeur when were came so close in 05/06, were a bit off it in 06/07 but not by much. Spent in the summer, what do you expect. Its fine in hindsight, but even at the time, i knew you even said we would come close to breaking the top 4....No?