Questions about your perceptions..

JJ

Basically, I want to see what you people think about Aston Villa.1) Where do you see us finishing this season?2) Do you think that with the right investment, in the right positions, we can establish ourselves as a top 6 side over the next few season?3) What do you think our are strengths/weaknesses?4) What do you think of our style of play?5) And what do you think about Martin O'Neills british Policy?If I was to answer myself, I'd say1) 7th/8th depending on Man City2) Yes - but we'd need to sign the high class, yet realistic, players available, Bosingwa, Riise and Anelka as well as continuing to improve and invest.3) We dont have a natural RB, we are very inexperienced outside of our first 11 in vital areas.4) its inconsistant, we can be free flowing an entertaining, but sometimes, probably because were a young team, we can end up just not clicking and hoofing to carew5) As it stands I'm pleased with it (minus harewood) but as long as he doesnt go signing a player on his nationallity rather than his ability ill continue to be happy..

I love Aston Villa. As some people know i use them on every FM since FM06. Spent my time with them last year till 2015.However in real life:1) You have the ability to finish top ten with the likes of Aggy and Barry and dem man.2) you have the money, you just need to reputation to gain top top players.3) As you said you have no real RB. You also have Marlon harewood Lool.4) Meh. Comparin it with the top teams (United,Arsenal,Totty,Liverpool at times) the free flowing football is not always apparant.5) f*ck that. If it helps the team buy from whatever country you like. Look pon Man Citys buys and there current position. Says it all really.

1) I think you will finish top 10 you should be pushing for Europe.2) Ye you can you have a good young squad who if stick together will go places.3) What do you think our are strengths/weaknesses?Your main strenghts are wings with the pace and skill of Abongolhor and Young. Im not a big fan of Carew i dont think he does enough in goal scoring wise.If you signed someone like Huntaleer who dosent do much but score would be big for you. Dont like Re coker think hes sh*t you need to sign a Cm. Not to sure bout Defence but if Laursen still plays a new cb because he is prone to mistakes.4) What do you think of our style of play? l like your style of play but if certain players aint on form have you got plan B? 5) And what do you think about Martin O'Neills british Policy?[/i ]its a good policy but dont buy all Brithish players because there British sign them because there good. Its about having a solid core of British players like United, Pool, Chelski mixed with talent from all over the world.

1) I could see you finishing anywhere between 9th and 6th2) You need a better center forward one that plays on the shoulder of player BUT can also hold up play which rules out Agbonlahor,has good technique and first touch which rules out Harewood,one that can score out of nothing and has a element of unpredictability about their game which rules out Carew. A ideal striker would be Anelka as he has that missing link that could take Villa to the big time all the other positions are quite good and with left back back up you could have a really good squad.Luke Moore is a player with the attributes but he seems to have gone stale since his shoulder injury but he is a player to keep hold off until you think he won't improve at all.3) Strength would be the pace of your team could stretch sides in seconds. Weakness would probably be center forwards4) Good attacking football BUT with Carew there seems a urgency to play long balls same way we do with Crouch. With a striker that mentality could change and you could play the attacking football you play at Villa park.5) It is good as players will know about the importance of derby wins and work hard for the clubs morals and ethics while with foreign players it COULD be different.What do you think about the idea for Riise?I heard MON wants him for Jan

Yeah he does, and with Carews comments recently i think there is some truth in it.I'd be pleased with it, he's a more attacking option to Bouma, and would give us a natural left footer on the wing if we wanted, and we could switch Ashley to the right.He'd be a good, solid, signing IMO, but I don't think he'd ever make one position his own, and I think that would probably be the reason he would leave Liverpool..Maybe he wants a new challenge though..But yeah, wee'l be in for him, along with Bosingwa, which would definately improve us, and I think if we signed Carson on a permanent (which looks possible now considering his recent comments) were only a regular goal scorer away.

Guest the_truth_hurts
Basically, I want to see what you people think about Aston Villa.1) Where do you see us finishing this season? 6th/7th, said 5th at the start of the season based solely on fact that i expected you to be hard to break down and not to give away much at home.2) Do you think that with the right investment, in the right positions, we can establish ourselves as a top 6 side over the next few season? definately your not far off a very dangerous team.3) What do you think our are strengths/weaknesses? strengths - pretty reliable at the back (mellberg and davies are quality players), pace and directness on the wing and a hungry squad a lot of whom are playing for a place in the england squad.weaknesses - no out and out goal threat, a bit 1 dimensional.4) What do you think of our style of play? effective.5) And what do you think about Martin O'Neills british Policy? it can and has worked, theres a mix of british and foreign though