What other genre could I turn this into?

Captain Planet

Clap is is a bit quiet, i think u need to sort a few of the levels out, everything sounds like it's competing for ur attention, pan a bit more, low cut a lot of the stuff as well, does it have much of a bassline? Maybe u should give it a bigger kick and then sidechain the rest of the track to give it a bit of pump and energy.It's good, it's good but it's missing something, wot u need yeah, is a good donk.

well i certainly wouldnt sidechain the whole tune bruvthats some madnessu dont need to sidechain at all because the bassdrum isnt competing with the bassthe bassdrum is simply not prominent enoughsimply eq'ing it wont fix it, make sure the original sample is good, i personally only use tr808/909 hits which have been recorded off hardwarethere isn't too much compression infact im surprised u even know what a compressor is (no offense)cut the master at 30hz and 16.8hz for starterssolo ur strings and synths and use some eq'ing to sculpt out a space for each of them, cut the mid/high ones at around 100hz which will let your bass/bassdrum breath and give a clearer mix

well i certainly wouldnt sidechain the whole tune bruvthats some madnessu dont need to sidechain at all because the bassdrum isnt competing with the bassthe bassdrum is simply not prominent enoughsimply eq'ing it wont fix it, make sure the original sample is good, i personally only use tr808/909 hits which have been recorded off hardwarethere isn't too much compression infact im surprised u even know what a compressor is (no offense)cut the master at 30hz and 16.8hz for starterssolo ur strings and synths and use some eq'ing to sculpt out a space for each of them, cut the mid/high ones at around 100hz which will let your bass/bassdrum breath and give a clearer mix
Wot i'm saying is, layer the BD with a nice sub at the start of every bar or maybe 4 bars, have the whole/most of the tune duck under the sub every time is hits. Doesn't have to be by a alot, and not for the sake of mixing the track down, it's purely for some dynamic variation.

Eh? :D:D On a real though I've known all this sh*t since I was like 14, but infact don't give me advice.Talking to man like hes some dunce.I've mixed tunes before but just not at home with basic equipment.

Wot i'm saying is, layer the BD with a nice sub at the start of every bar or maybe 4 bars, have the whole/most of the tune duck under the sub every time is hits. Doesn't have to be by a alot, and not for the sake of mixing the track down, it's purely for some dynamic variation.
oh i seeim wary of sidechaining these daystrying to do it less worked out a couple nice techniques might share them here in the near futurefao space cowboybe happy of any advice u get.