Hamilton Wins Japenese Grand Prix

8BALL

read this on the 606 forums: hamilton has been running his mouth abit

Hamilton winning will be bad for F1.It might spawn a new game for the thumb twitchers or even see Silverstone a sell out for a year or two. But globally, and in true sporting terms, Hamilton winning will not be good for F1.Talented as he is, no knowledgeable fan will have felt the wow for Hamilton that they did when Schumacher or Senna came onto the scene. He's not even close to being in their class.All Hamilton has proven to date is that he can bring a dominant car home. Reliability as a driver may be a very good thing - but it does not make them great. A world champion should be a racer and should have fought hard for his title. Hamilton is in the very privileged position of having been all but gifted his. Worse still, after a handful of races, Hamilton seems to believe his own hype - not the innate confidence of a great â but the nasty, silly, egotism of a spoilt and foolish little boy.The season has been far from a classic. The opportunity was there, post-Schumacher, for a clutch of drivers to come through and mark this as the start of their era, but it has been a constructorsâ year and will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. The only hope for the driversâ championship is for Alonso to stage a comeback over the last two races. Perhaps then, even if Hamilton is to win a hard fought Brazilian GP, we might have a world champion that has truly earned his laurels.So perhaps I should revise my initial statement: Hamilton winning, in principal, is not bad for F1 â Hamilton winning, in the manner he seems set to do so, is bad for F1. I doubt in anyoneâs dreams of a rookie winning the world championship did they do so so cheaply.