j. holiday - back of my lac

juju

ive been having internet issues so llow me if this topics been donebut this album is sick dont have to skip one track, he can actually sing boy, surely one of the best r&b albums this year...who knows?cant stop reloading the first track'some nights i get x-o tipsyother nights i get louis the thirteenth pissyby myself damn right on my lonesomecos i get sick and tired of niggaz wen they want some'...badman

Yow, this dude can sing.Bed is easily best track, but its got a lot of good songs on there and is very consistent. Only problem that people will find with it is the lack of uptempo songs. Its a very good album to play when jamming with a nice girl though or just on a medz (meditation vibe).Back of My Lac, Thug Commandments, Suffocate, Fatal and Pimp in Me were the standout cuts for me.I like the little thug persona he's going on as well. There has been a lack of that since Jaheim left, also as I previously mentioned he can actually sing better than most of these new cats such as Omarion, Neyo and Chris Brown, but the lack of a smash single or even singles with much variety of tempo's will not entice that teeny bopper crowd to buy it.I see this hitting around 300k by the end of the year if he's lucky, but hopefully I'm wrong and one of the singles takes off big time and he does a Robin Thicke/Keyshia Cole/Lyfe Jennings on us 'cause he truly deserves it. Could be a Usher in the future with further development and at least one song for the clubs next time around.

Bed is easily best track, but its got a lot of good songs on there and is very consistent. Only problem that people will find with it is the lack of uptempo songs. Its a very good album to play when jamming with a nice girl though or just on a medz (meditation vibe).
Been on this morning while I catch up with my emails and draw up proposals.

Another thing I have to give props for is the use of live instrumentation. Gives the songs a nice all-roud sound and you can definitely tell the difference between live tracks to Bed which sounds computer made. Obviously Bed is a very big song and musically maybe the best but the most of the other beats sound more wholesome.Could be down to mixing but I dont think that is the case (I'm not an engineer)