SPECULATION

Hernandez Balcazar

Gunners chief tracks another summer signingTROCH ROCKS FOR WENGERARSENAL boss Arsene Wenger has earmarked midfielder Piotr Trochowski (right) as his second major signing of the summer.Wenger is expected to complete the capture of £12million-rated Marseille whizkid Samir Nasri, 20, over the next few days.And the Emirates boss has identified Hamburg's Trochowski as another player to bolster the ranks in midfield. Trochowski, a German of Polish descent, is in Joachim Low's squad for Euro 2008.The 24-year-old has become one of the most consistent midfielders in the Bundesliga.SupportAnd he is pushing for a starting place despite the strength in depth of the Germany squad.Regardless of how Trochowski fares in Austria and Switzerland, Wenger is likely to make Hamburg a £5m offer as he bids to replace Mathieu Flamini and give some support to Cesc Fabregas.Meanwhile, Arsenal's Cameroon international Alexandre Song is wanted in a season-long loan deal by Premier League new boys West Brom.Albion manager Tony Mowbray has been alerted to the versatility of 20-year-old Song.Song is equally at home in midfield or central defence — areas Mowbray is keen to strengthen.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL @ THE COMMENTS
think this is the season that will make or break wenger. He needs to strengthen his team with 4 or 5 players and not just 2. He should be buying another striker as Adebeyor needs 24 shots to score just one goal, van persie will be injured most of the season and eduardo might be mentally scared for longer than we think. Wenger also needs to replace hleb and flamini with better players. He needs to look at their injury record before he buys them. We dont need any more Rosiscky/Diaby/Persie type injury prone playersNot another vertically challenged player....In my opinion, we need some height in our midfield, someone in the Vieira 'enforcer' mould. Fabs, Walcott, Rosicky, Eboue (please Arsene, do us all a favour and drop him back to the bench next season), Denilson etc are all under 5'10'' and need support in the aerial battle - we do have Diaby, but he's not top drawer yet.Plus, our defence are all under 6'! - Sagna, Clichy, Gallas, Toure.....We need some height else we're gonna get exposed again next year by the long ball merchants!Look at Uniteds team, Ferdinand, Vidic, Brown, Carrick, Ronaldo etc all 6' plus and look at Chelsea, Carvalho, Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Ballack, Alex etc its the same...I reckon an audacious bid for Yaya Toure would be ideal!Posted by: Rich the Gooner | June 01, 2008 at 01:19 PM | Report this commentI enjoy the speculation about players, but what puzzles me is the lack of discussion about a defender, come on I would see Senderos as a WBA type player no disrespect Albion. I admire MR Wenger and realise his knowledge is greater than mine but the playing of Senderos to me cost us the Championship on its own.Our midfield would actually seem to be the strongest part of the team even with the lost of Flamini and Helb.I also agree with the need for experience and class above youth and the buying of british players but remember that it may only be viable to develop good british players as the price is already over inflated and will only get worse as the new rule comes closer.Yes Ferdinand looks a reasonable buy, but is he any better than Sendros, who knows but MR W seems to think not. One final point we have some super players on the edge like Hoyte and co I am sure MR W knows if they are to play apart and thus if some positions are covered that we may not realise.Posted by: Nigel | June 01, 2008 at 01:29 PM | Report this commentWhy is Senderos our type of player? He makes mistakes and hoofs the ball? We are a passing team just like yourselves and Song would fit into that mould as a DM or in the defence. I like and watch Arsenal a lot more now, since Mr Mowbray came in and stopped our 'Hoofball' game and changed us into a Arsenal style team. They said we coulnd't get out of the gritty league that way, but were out. I think the Senderos comment is a little harsh seeing how bad he is and obviously how little you know about us. RANT OVER!Posted by: RobWBA | June 01, 2008 at 01:50 PM | Report this comment