NBA 2009/10

Superstition

Thabeet was clearly a project before the draft. Hasn't even been playing ball that long. He's a wiry 7'2 guy who's always towered over his peers, traded on his height, and has never competed against people his own size. He was gonna need lots of minutes to improve, and it won't happen at the Grizz behind Z-Bo and Marc Gasol

ofc one can ponder for a long time why the Grizzlies drafted a centre with the 2nd overall pick when they already had Marc Gasol

14l3m6a.jpg

Phil Jackson was fuming that Cleveland effectively landed Jamison for nothing. Teams aren't officially allowed to arrange those trade/waive/re-sign moves, but collusion is hard to prove conclusively and is unofficially tolerated by the league

+ I've said it so many times, Odom is the guy who pushes this Laker team over the top. Struggles on many fronts are solved when Odom turns up and decides to play

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Celtics getting it together in time for the playoffs? Could it be? I'd written off that as a possiblity, mostly because of KG's injuries and Sheed's beer belly. But Paul Pierce is suddenly Paul Pierce again. And things seem to be clicking a little. They aren't '08 Celtics yet, but Michael Finley has been a fantastic pickup so far, and Nate Robinson is always a streaky scorer. Is Sheed really gonna wake up and imitate those strong Pistons years? Or prance around on the arc heaving ill-advised 3s? He is the wildcard in the way that Odom is for the Lakers. If he turns up and plays well, he puts the team over the top. I'm not convinced just yet - but they are moving the right way now.

In other news man was bussin some moves in the park the other day and someone filmed it without me knowing.

19492_500sq.jpg

• Upvote 1

Playoffs in two weeks

Not liking the Bulls' chances atm. Currently 9th, and must mount an impressive run through tough opposition (Cleveland, Boston, Charlotte x2, Milwaukee), relying on Toronto to continue to drop games. True the Raptors are falling apart since the All-Star break, sloppily dropping games and falling from 5th to 8th (Bosh looks like he's checked out already). And if we do miraculously reclaim 8th place, we can then look forward to a grim 4-0 demolition by the Cavs.

/ I didn't even notice New Jersey scramble to 10 wins

Kobe re-upped in Hollywood for another three years. Reports suggest $90million, which means it's at (or near) max level. Lakers paying him $30m when he's 34-35? ....Hmmm.. The Kobesters have been on a little slide still, 2-3 on the current road trip. Trouble in paradise? Not a good look when you're a fortnight from the playoffs.

Jubez, Q, who do you guys want in the first round? Spurs/Blazers/Thunder...

Been slacking with the NBA in general, only keeping an eye out for Lakers Highlights and results. I don't know why Lakers seem to implode against Thunder, DO NOT WANT.

Perhaps the Spurs.

I really want Bulls to get into the play-offs damn it.

Would happily take the spurs. Let my NBA intake slip in the lead up to the playoffs as some teams are taking their foot off the gas imo, the suns and mavs are quite hot atm no? That's the only thing I wanna know really, who's pushing into fifth gear.

L.A. is one of the teams who've allowed themselves to get sloppy, may be looking into the future and gearing up for that but they can't allow themselves to not see the opponent directly in front of them, I don't wanna see a first round exit to the blah blahs because mentally the team was already in quickens arena feel me? We're waiting on Bynum and Walton, Gasol had some encouraging 28-10 games and we beat the Jazz last night so that's promising.