Michael Owen

anelka

Owen had the potential to be the greatest English striker ever by a long distance. In his younger days he was terrifying. Unfortunately injuries robbed him of his pace & touch, as well as several seasons of peak performance.... maybe it's because he played too much at too young an age, and it strained his body, and the damage has caught up to him. Or maybe he's just unlucky and naturally injury-prone. He is still a great striker because he is a sick finisher, I have always said this. Finishing isn't a question of athleticism so much, it's about having a striker's mind, positional sense and instincts. These will never leave a top striker - even as they reach and progress into their 30s (in fact they often get better with experience). Owen will always score goals when fit, even if he's slower than he used to be. He's scored goals everywhere he's gone in his career, and even if he's not burning guys for pace no more, he will still hit the net when he hits form. I don't think 15+ goals is beyond his capabilities, even at this stage.
co-signPeople 4get that Owen was a 1st team regualr (won the joint prem top scorer award) when he was 17-18Watching that video I remembered how amazing he wasAlthough I rekon bar inj Fowler would've been better outta the two

Guest ya_mum_and_ya_dad
Owen had the potential to be the greatest English striker ever by a long distance. In his younger days he was terrifying. Unfortunately injuries robbed him of his pace & touch, as well as several seasons of peak performance.... maybe it's because he played too much at too young an age, and it strained his body, and the damage has caught up to him. Or maybe he's just unlucky and naturally injury-prone. He is still a great striker because he is a sick finisher, I have always said this. Finishing isn't a question of athleticism so much, it's about having a striker's mind, positional sense and instincts. These will never leave a top striker - even as they reach and progress into their 30s (in fact they often get better with experience). Owen will always score goals when fit, even if he's slower than he used to be. He's scored goals everywhere he's gone in his career, and even if he's not burning guys for pace no more, he will still hit the net when he hits form. I don't think 15+ goals is beyond his capabilities, even at this stage.
Straight up. He's a shadow of his former self but he's still got that goalscorers instict and will bag goals as he has done wherever he's gone. he won't create many goals for himself now but he's still sharp enough in the box.

Madness.I rememeber before he buss certain hardcore Liverpool fans at school showing me about this yute in the youth team.So I musa pick up 1 Shoot magazine and I see them talking bout "1 for the future, Michael Owen in the Youth team rah rah"Then I hear them mention him on the bench at the Wimbledon game, think it was mid week on Match of the Day and he come on for Fowler and scored.I thought "this guy is the real deal"Come school next day and bare Liverpool supporters hyping "I showed you rah rah" lololI think its always very nice to see special youngsters @ 17/18 explode on the scene.VERY rare occurance, might only get 2 or 3 every decade but Owen was definately 1 of those.Didnt even know he wanted to leave Liverpool, thought it was Houllier who got rid but still, was nice while it lasted.& only REAL players do it in cup finals.

Wasn't it half down to Benitez?He didn't want Owen, simple as.
Nah Owen didnt give benitez a chance, just said he wanted to test himself abroad. Remember Benitez going out to the england squad trying to persuade man to stay an evrything. I rate him for wanting to test himself abroad more english players need to do that. but if he would have stayed at liverpool im sure he would be well on his way of beating that Shearer record.Anelka and owen, the two strikers i wish were sitll in pool shirts.

its newcastle they got the shittest training pitchthey train on astro turfand i dont care how much it costsour one cost millions and weve only used it oncetraining on astro turf = injuires like newcastlefrom time i thought jermaine jenas was any sicknote till he went spursthats how i know