People Fiendin' For Wii's

Sinister

Amazon sells 1,400 Wii units in 10 minutes

E-tailer Amazon has revealed that it sold 1,400 Nintendo Wii consoles in just 10 minutes after it received a delivery of the hard-to-find system.Following last week's news that HMV sold its stock in 34 minutes, the build-up to Christmas has seen orders increase even more, with Amazon the latest firm to see demand far outstrip supply.Nintendo is now suffering both financially and critically as frustrated gamers struggle to find the hugely popular machine anywhere on the high street.Such is the demand for the console that a report in trade paper MCV suggests Wii consoles have been changing hands for as much as £300 on eBay, with some high street retailers forcing customers to buy any machines they have left as part of an expensive games bundle.
Desperate families pay up to £500 for a Nintendo Wii on internet
A shortage of one of this year's must-have gifts is sure to cause tears and tantrums on Christmas morning.And the children won't be too pleased either.The Nintendo Wii - a computer games console designed to appeal to adults as well as youngsters - has sold out in shops across the country.Chains such as Game, HMV, Woolworths and Tesco say they are receiving more stock only sporadically and the consoles are changing hands for up to £500 on internet auction sites - a huge mark-up on their list price of £179.A spokesman for HMV said: "The fact people can't find them seems to drive the demand forward. They are selling out as soon as they are going into the stores."The supply problem stems from the fact that Nintendo is simply unable to keep up with global demand for the family-friendly Wii.Its more expensive rivals, the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, are aimed more at dedicated gamers. But the Wii - pronounced 'wee' - is designed to be easy and fun to use, even for those who have never played a computer game before.Instead of a traditional control pad, it comes with a motion-sensitive remote controller. This can be waved to simulate playing tennis and other sports.
This is a pisstake, went this weekend to try and get one for my cousin and nowhere had one.

was half-looking for mine for about 2 weeks, an then i saw they were instock at argos on hotukdeals, so i just rang up an ordered it on the monday evening, came wednesday morning (£185 delivered for just the console)didnt play it till friday when mario came out, clocked thatnow might sell it an re-buy when kart/ssbb comes out

farki seriously feel to shot mine then just buy one when they come back in stock
Aliei dont play mine. Still got the box and ting
I was thinking about it, But mines is chipped.
were did u get that done n how much?
It was bought like that.When my dad comes in ill ask him.

farki seriously feel to shot mine then just buy one when they come back in stock
you dont have to tell anyone its chippedunless its bait for soe reason

I bought 3, trying to get rid of two of them, 2 of them were bundles from Gamestation with Big Brain Academy and any 3 games of my choice and one was £180 from Amazon. The hype has died down a bit, if you try hard enough you can find them. I put one on Ebay and the highest bid was £215 it didn't reach my £250 reserve and didn't sell. I have put one on Facebook market place and Gumtree £250 for wii with Big Brain Academy waiting to see what offers I get. I have already had 2 people on facebook message me cussin me for trying to make money out of the shortage. Screw them! it took me a week to find any wii deals whatsover using the hot deals forum, im just trying to recoup some of the money i have spent on my on the bundle deals and besides £250 for wii with big brain academy aint a bad deal considering how scarce they are, its simple economics, supply and demand God Bless capitalism!

sooooooooooo