P.C Or MAC???

dynamat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are looking to get soemthing for producing/graphics design of some kind..then get a mac.
See even that i don't get, all the software for the creative industries are available on pc except final cut pro and logic and it's not as if they're 'industry' standard for anything.. Now they use the exact same achitecture as PC's there isn't even an argument for the hardware.And no they're not more stable, thats bullocks.

if your in the 'creative industrys' get a mac,

g5
'low tellin man to get 2005's model
y, u got something against 2005?yearist!
G5 is the PowerPC procesor PCthe last versionMacs have now moved onto intel processorsthe g5 wont last you long as the latest programs are beigng written for hydbrid x86 and RISC based PCs (PowerPC)soon, coz Macs have completely abandoned the RISC processors (due to the large x86 library of programs) they'll soon jus phase out coding software for G5 n below.so you may aswell get the ones from 2006 onwards

Im in the same situation. Got Windows, but all my media tutors say i should get a MAC.Anyone who has used both can ya point me in the right direction? Nice one
Yep, used macs for 2 years at college, g5's, best at the time (music tech), use em round my bredrins house to make beats (core 2 duo)Use pc at homeIf i was choosing, i wouldnt even contemplate thinking about maybe getting a mac

Main thing that wins me over on mac is using pro tools on a mac is swift as f*ck with the shortcuts and all..really can work quicker it is effective.....but all the plugins and software availablility on the pc is so much better man
u cant afford that anywaysso theres no point using that as a reason

if a mac isnt industry standard for what you will be doing in life theres no need to have one....if it is, then it will be worth your while.....

mac pisses all over windows . . .
You people make me laugh.Elaborate...
he dnt even know the differenceshe jus bought into the hype still
lol its not even the hype . . .with macs u dont need any spyware sh*t or firewall or virus software and its all good to all users . . .its kinda hard still to use at 1st but once u give it time and play around with it and its much better . . .but right now the leopard is slackin . . . but once a program goes wrong u cant go task manager, but then again im a newbie to macs but tbh i like the mac better . . . and plus u can put windows on it . . .