Luque "EPL>>>UFC"

Transfer Window Cleaner

NEWCASTLE flop Albert Luque has launched a bitter attack on English football — and vowed never to return to the Premier League.The Toon took a £7.5million hit on the Spanish striker when they sold him to Ajax for £2m last summer.Luque, 29, had scored just once in 21 league games after joining from Deportivo La Coruna in 2005.The injury-prone star said: “I am very happy to have swapped Newcastle for Ajax. I don’t have happy memories of my time in the Premier League.“English football is totally physical and every match is a battle. I refuse to play for any English team in the future.“I decided one fine day to try my luck over there. But I will not go back.”
lil bitch

hes rightenglish football is pooor.. pace and power over craft and induvidual skillspanish > _____fewer big africans making it into a basketball match
I can understand why Fabregas is so highly rated in the EPL and also why such players as Zola, Cantona and Bergkamp did so well because there game is all based on physicality and pace.....Oh wait..... mellow.gifIn other words your point is invalid just like you overal opinion in general.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
He wasted his career by going to Newcastle United.
smh at you thinking its was our fault he didn't want to train and smh at thinking he would have succeded at a different team. Shame because he was a good player. Given, Woodgate, Rob lee, Ferdinand Robert, Ginola, Asprilla and more yeah we wreck careers. Some players will stick it out and prove that they're good enough while some will just bitch off get a pay check then continue bitching when they get sold.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
lengman for mallorca and depor. hes chattin truth but if hed come to a proper club he woulda adapted eventually and banged in bare goalsnewcastle ruin careers thats why i hate them. cunts sort out ya training pitch u thick geordie cunts
Arsenal fan?Van persieDiabyDen'squeel'sonRosickyToureed..... nah can't do it too deep.like you don't get injuries.

He wasted his career by going to Newcastle United.
smh at you thinking its was our fault he didn't want to train and smh at thinking he would have succeded at a different team. Shame because he was a good player. Given, Woodgate, Rob lee, Ferdinand Robert, Ginola, Asprilla and more yeah we wreck careers. Some players will stick it out and prove that they're good enough while some will just bitch off get a pay check then continue bitching when they get sold.
LOL at me reading that and tryna work out who the hell 'Ferdinand Roberts' was.

I don't know what it is that means players recently haven't had any desire to perform for Newcastle. It can't be the manager because even Keegan hasn't dragged performances out of his squad.I think it is the area in general. The North East is a complete shithole of a place. Must suck the life out of you. Hold tight Gazza.

I don't know what it is that means players recently haven't had any desire to perform for Newcastle. It can't be the manager because even Keegan hasn't dragged performances out of his squad.I think it is the area in general. The North East is a complete shithole of a place. Must suck the life out of you. Hold tight Gazza.
Personally, I think 90% of players would be DE-motivated by Keegan, regardless of what they say in public.Martins admitted he'd never heard of him, and, I think it was Shaun Ingle (sp), who said that the most recent memories the public have of him are him flopping and admitting he was out of his depth at England and being Mr Average at man city...When he came to newcastle first time round he was this former immense player, with a massive reputation who the players looked upto,now the players probably look at him and think 'why is there so much hype around a manager who admits he can't coach a team, has failed in his last two jobs and has been away from football for four years?'

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
Was speaking to the guy i work for at the moment (runs a soccer school in Leeds) and he had a guy he trained up who was part of Newcastles academy and played for england u16s before he got injured and now plays unibond football. To cut a long story short he was saying how shambolic the structure and culture of the first team was and that Under souness the first team where training 45 minutes a session just 3 times a week!!!! This also continued under Glenn roeder and Apparently Allardyce tried to give it an overhaul and the players didn't like it at first.It makes sense now that the unprofessional nature of the club, hasn't inspired the likes of Emre, Duff, Boumsong (!), Martins and all the young players who didn't reach thier potential to develop any kind of form. Also yes living in toon could be pretty sh*t i imagine.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
English football wasn't the problem at the time, it was Newcastle.Could have been a hell of a player.
so what you reckon we paid 9.5 millionto hardly play him? obviously behind the scenes there was something going on that must be why he rarely got picked?