Can 2 people of different religions make a relationship work?

Guest Swiftie

Guest Swiftie
LMFAO! Tasbeeh you know. Swift where you coming through with all this from?
hmm
Thats where I'm coming from, changed up that reply swiftly...Didnt even get to see it like.... rolleyes.gif

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
LOL no. 2 people of different religions cannot make a relationship work. Not if they're seriously religious (which is probably about 20% of the religious population in 08).
Agree tbh.

Guest LOGers
for the past 5/6 monthes iv been in church reguarly, studying the testimony and giving praise to godbut iv also read parts of the krishna and translated quran with keen interest,what iv found is that a lot of what is professed in these books tend to overlap, im not here 2 say my 'religion' is right and others are wrong, because no man on earth can testify such a thingbut i dont think its the religion itself that is most important but actual FAITH in the Most High and taking into consideration the various main teachings such as respect, honesty and lovethose three things there imo are the foundations for a good relationship anyway, and also if u are both educated and RESPECTFUL to eachothers religion i dont see why it should stand in the way in church i see young GOD FEARING men, and im so attracted to their spirituallity, but its not that they are christian that i think 'yeah heas righteous' because when i hear young muslims talk about their faith with sincerity and conviction i feel the same thing.its more the fact that u have met some 1 that is trying to have thier spirit and mind aligned with their heart and soul. in the world we live in today, surrounded by so much deciet and sin, i would appreciate a partner with any sort of faithbecause once u have faith, u can work 2 wards cleanliness and perfection, it speaks volumes about u as a person, u limit what u desire in the material world and learn 2 appreciate other small things which we tend 2 take 4 granted due 2 out consumer mentalityso yh preaching done 2 cut a long story short,it can work if u both take the most important values out of those religions and apply them 2 ur relationship, remember, comprimise and tolerance are key 2 make anything work.
You pretty much covered everything in this post.And no Swift I wouldn't convert for ''love''

from personal experience it just depends on the individualsfor example i'm hindu and my partner is muslim...for us 2 its never been an issue but one of my very close friends is muslim and her man is sikh and it always seems to be an issue, yet none of us are very religious but from my relationship religion isn't a major factor in making it work

for the past 5/6 monthes iv been in church reguarly, studying the testimony and giving praise to godbut iv also read parts of the krishna and translated quran with keen interest,what iv found is that a lot of what is professed in these books tend to overlap, im not here 2 say my 'religion' is right and others are wrong, because no man on earth can testify such a thingbut i dont think its the religion itself that is most important but actual FAITH in the Most High and taking into consideration the various main teachings such as respect, honesty and lovethose three things there imo are the foundations for a good relationship anyway, and also if u are both educated and RESPECTFUL to eachothers religion i dont see why it should stand in the way in church i see young GOD FEARING men, and im so attracted to their spirituallity, but its not that they are christian that i think 'yeah heas righteous' because when i hear young muslims talk about their faith with sincerity and conviction i feel the same thing.its more the fact that u have met some 1 that is trying to have thier spirit and mind aligned with their heart and soul. in the world we live in today, surrounded by so much deciet and sin, i would appreciate a partner with any sort of faithbecause once u have faith, u can work 2 wards cleanliness and perfection, it speaks volumes about u as a person, u limit what u desire in the material world and learn 2 appreciate other small things which we tend 2 take 4 granted due 2 out consumer mentalityso yh preaching done 2 cut a long story short,it can work if u both take the most important values out of those religions and apply them 2 ur relationship, remember, comprimise and tolerance are key 2 make anything work.
"Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths."I dont believe in religion but essentially they all stem from the same sh*t.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
but i dont think its the religion itself that is most important but actual FAITH in the Most High and taking into consideration the various main teachings such as respect, honesty and lovethose three things there imo are the foundations for a good relationship anyway, and also if u are both educated and RESPECTFUL to eachothers religion i dont see why it should stand in the way
this is also truth
c/s
Disagree. This may be true for people who don't take their religion very seriously. A watering down of each others beliefs would need to happen 4 a successful relationship: