Nacer Barazite - I am getting better and better

MrJibbles

Nacer Barazite is a better player now his injury nightmare is behind him.The young Dutchman suffered the agony of a dislocated left shoulder just 25 minutes into his competitive first-team debut back in November - a Carling Cup fixture against Blackburn Rovers. That night at Ewood Park should have been memorable for all the right reasons, but it ended with Barazite leaving the field on a stretcher.The gifted forward was one of the star performers in the successful Under-18 and Reserve team campaigns as he built on the foundations of an appearance, and a goal, in the customary curtain-raiser to the pre-season at Barnet last July. A place on the substitutes bench for the Premier League match at Sunderland this month completed Barazite's recovery and brought to a close a fine second season in North London. While he didn't get on, there was no containing his excitement at the whole experience."I had been training with the first team the days before the game," a delighted Barazite told Arsenal.com. "I knew that injuries and international commitments meant some places were available so I was hoping I would be involved. Thankfully I [was] and it was a fantastic experience."Looking back the Blackburn game was of course frustrating because I felt then that I was close to the first team, I was playing well and suddenly you get the injury set-back. But I think the whole injury situation can help me be a better player. I had never expected to be injured like that."It isn't a good experience, it is bad of course, but you can take positive things out of it and can learn from it. I did that and came back very strong."At the time after the injury I was just focused on recovery. I forgot about my long-term aims and just wanted to get better and then when I was I got my mind back on the targets, which were to gain first team experience by the end of the season."I came to Arsenal with my target of reaching the first team as quick as possible. But I didn't expect to be 17 and making my debut! That was a shock but I was playing well at the time so perhaps not so much of a shock. I am really happy with the last two years and hopefully it can keep going next year."But what of next year? There are many options for a talent like Barazite. He is still only 18 and, by his own admission, has aspects of his game that still need developing. Would a loan spell provide the relevant platform?"A loan experience is always good for every young player but my aim is to play in the first team for Arsenal. And in pre-season I will do my very best and prove what I can do to the boss and give him the choice to make me stay."A loan would be good and I wouldn't say no to it but at the moment I am focused on the Arsenal first team and hopefully I can stay and achieve that."But I know what I need to get that. The Premier League is probably the best league in Europe and even the world and what you need is good technique, but that playing style is well suited to me. I love to play the ball around and here we keep the ball on the floor. I love it [the technical aspect of the game] and that is what the Club works on."My defensive side of the game does need work too. That is always talked about with the coaches, Neil Banfield and Steve Bould, and I can see in the two years I have been here that I have improved a lot."If I can keep going that way then it isn't too far for me before I reach the first team."http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav...tter+and+better