Apple Mac's (laptop Buying Help)

Mr Q

Decisions Decisions!Primarily i just dont want it to f*ck up after two years as in get slow etc, and the computers and laptops i have had always do this. EVEN when i hardly download or put stuff on it. (and have the necessary protection)Mac's appear to be and on reputation seem to be the most reliable over a period time or i could just be being naive. But the price is ALOT. But if it serves me well it would be a good investment. I hate going into shops and asking because at the end of the day they are just trying to sell the laptop.

Bought a new mac a month ago. Been a windows user before that - things i have picked up upon:1. Seems a much more efficient and reliable OS than windows. Once you learn all the shortcuts things do generally get done quicker.2. 'Macs dont crash' statements are rubbish. I crashed mine within a day.3. My mac is not compatatible with the Dell Photo 964 printer i have downstairs. This really pisses me off.4. Utorrent is not compatable with mac although they are working on it. The alternative, transmission is ok but its not utorrent.5. The battery life is awesome: 4-5 hours if i turn the brightness on lowI have the white macbook 2.4ghz 2gb ram 160gb. Lappy before was a vaio.

macs do crash but its mostly on the software . . . u jus gotta force quit it then restart . . .battery is ok for me cuz i use it on better performance, gotta use it to the max . . .i dont use my mac to download ill leave that for my pc . . . macs do cost alot compare to pc but its worth it tbh . . . fanboys whatever u wanna call it yea . . .

These are the specs, i think they are decent i could be wrong

Operating system Windows Vista® Home PremiumMicroprocessor Intel® Core2 Duo Processor T5750 (2 GHz)Language version EnglishMain usage HomeWeight range (Kg) 2Kg - 3KgStandard memory (MB) 3072Memory specifications DDR2-SDRAM (667 Mhz) (1 x 2GB + 1 x 1GB /max. 4GB = 2x2GB)Cache memory (L2 - KB) 2048Hard disk drive capacity (GB) 250Floppy disc drive Not SuppliedDisplay size Widescreen 15.4" (39.1 cm)Laptop Screen Resolution TFT colour display 1280 x 800 WXGA X-black LCDGraphics chipset NVIDIA® GEFORCE® 8400M GTModem Built-in modem V.90/V.92, K56 flex, Fax/ModemLithium-ion battery VGP-BPS9/BDimensions (W x H x D mm) 360 X 31.4 - 37.9 X 269.1 MMApprox. Weight (g) 2.900Bluetooth Not SuppliedWireless LAN Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11b/gIntegrated CCD Camera Motion Eye NoGuarantee 2 years in AT/BE/FI/GR/NL/PT/SE. Others: 1 yOptional accessories Memory, Case, Warranty extension VGPE-VPW2/D
Laptop VGN-NR38Z/T Rich brown Wenge 2GHz Core2 Duo 3GB

Would never get a Mac, paying for the name only.Not even that quick either just look quite contemporary and thats about it.Never had a fauult with my PC, moretime I would just say that people who f*ck up thier PC are people that do something they shouldnt have done or they didnt know what they were doing at the time.Not because PCs are less reliable. Its all human error, nowt to do with the fact its a PC.

Mac's are top notch but the price still puts me off them.Even a basic Macbook costs £600.And I bought a laptop for £250 with these specs.2GB RamCore 2 Duo 1.66GHZ160GB HDD12" screen.Vista PremiumSo £600 is a mega bump tbh.
Yo where did u get that laptop deal from dude? i will pick that up tomorrow.

Got the latest Macbook Pro about 2 months ago.2bh.The "business" paid for mine so I'm not too bothered.Would never shell the amount of money I did out if I was paying for it though.It's a total bump.Mac's don't allow anywhere near the amount of fiddling and operating system tweaking ease that Windows does. Thats why it never f*ck*ng crashes. The whole system babies the user so they cant f*ck up.Its also long having to reeboot into bootcamp to play games on a windows operating system coz mac doesnt f*ck*ng support them.Only things I use the Mac for:1. Finalcut Pro2. Photoshop3. Dreamweaver4. Flash 8 & Fireworks 8Graphics and Media editing and recording portable.The rest, get a f*ck*ng PC or if you want a laptop, Vaio.Or admit to yourself you're buying it for the looks, and because Apples marketing team>>>____.You'll start sucking off the gimmicks like expose and spaces after a while, but the novelty will wear off.If you are anything more than a basic computer user, you will probably regret getting a mac imo.