Apple Mac's (laptop Buying Help)

Mr Q

Is buying one really worth it?My current laptop is swag, sh*t Ram so its slow. And freezes bare on random occassions, i have to kick start it like its a flintstone car. Ive only had it two years. But cant be having that happening when im doing my disseration this year. Anyways would buying a mac which is meant to be super reliable really be worth it? or does anyone have any better suggestions.

Am thinking of gettin one myself. for movie editing & music. Mac are more reliable, stableand the value always stays high when it comes to selling on in the future.They going for 699 now The white one.I will be honest u can get better Ms laptop for that price tho. But they just aint reliable.

ListenBuy one from PC World, brand new. Get the accidental damage cover. After 11 months, back up everything to a firewire external HD, then pour coke over the lappy. Ring them up and say you had a kid's birthday party and someone knocked a jug of coke over and it went all over the laptop and u dried it out but it won't turn on.They will send out a courier to collect it. 10 days later you will get a credit voucher in the post equal to the purchase price of the laptop. Go to the store and upgrade to the newest one. I do this every year.Oh and the current MacBooks can take up to 4GB of ram which makes them f*ck*ng WING

ListenBuy one from PC World, brand new. Get the accidental damage cover. After 11 months, back up everything to a firewire external HD, then pour coke over the lappy. Ring them up and say you had a kid's birthday party and someone knocked a jug of coke over and it went all over the laptop and u dried it out but it won't turn on.They will send out a courier to collect it. 10 days later you will get a credit voucher in the post equal to the purchase price of the laptop. Go to the store and upgrade to the newest one. I do this every year.Oh and the current MacBooks can take up to 4GB of ram which makes them f*ck*ng WING
badman

badman
wishes i did this, a thin strip of plastic has broke off the front of of the keyboard, its pissing me off so much

Think of getting lappy myself, nothing to expensive or fancy just one that allows me to do work on occasionally and use the Internet mainly. Looking to spend up to £400 and no more.Came across this - http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.204-7508.aspx website)What do you guys think, any good?
see i think that looks decent, but its the reliability of the MAC which is drawing me towards it despite the price.

See I know nothing about computers beside switching it on and using the net but I hear with Macs it's impossible to get virus' and Malware etc, dunno if thats a myth or not but even if that true I wouldn't spend 600+ on laptop, would rather get the one I posted with some top Antivirus stuff.So that link I posted, should I get it?

Considering a macbook for my work computer but I may just get a Vaio for a fraction of the price.The hype about them not crashing etc is bullshit to be honest, anyone who uses them for serious purposes other than surfing the web and playing music will tell you the same. Macs are good in the sense you don't have to do much maintenance and they're very simple to use.I'd look at some top spec PC laptops and compare the prices before buying a Mac and think about whether your gonna utilise the strengths of the machine your gonna pay a top price for.

Guest Flava Dave
put it this way . . .u know any1 happy with there pc ? ? ?
ive never been let down by a PC in my life stillthose who cnt work with them are just simpletons tbhthem ones that would choose a wii over a ps3 coz it looks cute

put it this way . . .u know any1 happy with there pc ? ? ?
ive never been let down by a PC in my life stillthose who cnt work with them are just simpletons tbhthem ones that would choose a wii over a ps3 coz it looks cute
huge c/sbars
Durrtz, certain people are just fanboys.. Leave them be.

what are the Vaio's saying flojo?
Build quality is top notch as you'd expect from Sony as is the customer support service. I'd definitely steer clear of Acer, build quality and customer support is shocking, but people tend to be won over by their cheap prices. By the sounds of it for what you want your lappy for its not worth you shelling out the extra money for a Mac when you could get a PC for a fraction of the price that will suit your needs.A reputable brand laptop with a good spec will serve you well.