Will Deva Bratt become Kartel's biggest lyrical test yet?

Numero001

For those who don't know the background on this, both Cartel and Deva Bratt were part of the Cartel lead Portmore Empire, which also includes Jahvinchi and rising star Black Ryno ("seeeit deh"). Aside from Cartel, Deva was undoubtedly the only real talent in the crew. First recall him DJin nuff tunes for man (gun tune galore) and his rapid-fire style saw him featured on plenty mixed CD's, mainly dropping "freestyles" over popular riddims. As 2007 drew to a close Deva started to make a real impact, gaining fans through a few hit gyal tunes, namely the tune on Gear Box riddim which featured Click Mi Finger. This was evident at Sting where he was the only one to get forwards in an abysmal closing performance by the set. A war with Munga, which actually turned physical on stage, was also reason why his name was on the tips of tongues.Beginning of this year, I was tipping him to be the star, but all that came crashing down when man got arrested for not one, but two cases of Carnal abuse (14 y-o girls claim he did a ting with them). As a result, Cartel booted him out of Portmore Empire and even dropped a subliminal in a couple of songs about not parring with rapist. I think the Star did an interview with Deva recently, where he claimed that he was the sole creator of Portmore Empire. According to Deva, Cartel jumped in, being it was from his ends, and he was the big star so they llowed him to push it 'cause no one else had a name. Well he has been released on both charges, now he is a man on a mission. We all know Cartel is playing Mavado for a little boy, Bounty isn't going to war with him, and apart from a few bigger heads like Cobra and Ninja, no one else can lyrically touch Cartel. I believe Deva is the only realistic opponent and has a lot of cards on his side: from the same ends so maybe he can call certain mans names and/or recall certain events/stories, talent, abrasive delivery with voice to match and in the gun segment, I believe Deva can match him bar-for-bar. His metaphors surpass Cartel's as wellAlso, he makes a lot of references to the Alliance and is a very talented DJ, so will we see Bounty try and get one over on Cartel and give Deva the co-sign? Anyway, here is the song. Hopefully this is just the warmer.Sting agguh warrrrrrrrrrrrrm, this Boxing Day.There is no way Laing can avoid it this year by booking one or the other, like he did last year with Beenie and Bounty/ Munga and DevaApologies for the essay, got time to kill and who the f*ck works past 4.00 on a Friday

good summary Numero.. i got a call last week saying Deva just got released and was doing dubs all day.Didn't take up the offer as don't know what his tunes will be like now. Hopefully he got some straight fire.Warring Munga is one thing, but Kartel will be too much of a step for him but he is a good up and comer. Should stick to gyal tune for now