Tupac

cola

To most he is like the God of Hip Hop/Rap.But I have come to notice not everyone feels that way.Some people think hes overrated in death... Then again I've heard people say hes the Elvis of the black community, aka the hes still alive kind of thing and King.Some even said he is/was a hypocrite.I don't know much about Pac, but I like to hear him talk in interviews, and I like his inspirational songs, but kind of become disappointed hearing his 'gangsta songs', talking about the usual stuff you hear in a hip hop record these days.What do you think?This is a healthy discussion, Pac fans don't catch offense. I'm asking questions generally, because I want to know more about him.Please share your opinions...I don't care if its been spoken about a zillion times its good to repeat yourselves. biggrin.gif

I like Pac. For his songs, his emotion, and speaking out about the things he didnt like. Hyprocrite, erm, i dont think so. Bad company spoils a good character, thats what i believe happened with him, although that bad company made him make some ill tunes musically.His carisma i liked also.

He was the REALIST.
4 real his content was da 1 ...Dear Mama, Baby Don't Cry, Brendas got a baby, Letter 2 my unbornBiggie had a f'd flow - Party & Bullshitand wen dey clashed - Biggie CLEARLY won pac was tryin 2 hardbut if it was a record sale ting as pac wanted i think he wudda won - if dey wer both alive now its obvious 2pac wud b the greatest ever ... the end!

Why everytime sum1 mention pac it has 2 turn into a biggie vs pac ting. so wat if his not better den biggie, biggie is the best 2 ever bless the mic so thats no surprise. But that dont take nothing away from him he is still 1 of the best 2 do it. And when people say his better den B.I.G i think dere is more 2 it den jus lyrics. Lyrically dere is only 1 winner. But with pac its his personality, da fact he is the realist (no debate) and da way he cud come wid gangstra sh*t an den still drop dear mama, white manz world and all dem 1s. When i listen to pac its like i can feel his pain no other rapper comes close 2 him in dat way.

I think he's overrated in death - I'm old enough to have been into rap when he was alive, and everyone else who is the same will remember that nobody hyped him to the levels seen since. I remember thinking back then that he wasn't getting his due props. But since his death, he's got all the praise he deserved and then some. Inevitable, it happens to every popular artist that dies. The mystique and tragedy of premature death will always draw people to someone's music, fans and fanatics will spring from that, especially true in Tupac's case since he was so fascinated by his own death.Yeah he was hypocritical, but so is everybody else, rapper or otherwise. Self-contradiction is part of the human condition. I don't think it detracts from his musical accomplishments - he had a short, wild and turbulent life which was reflected in his music. He made a lot of crap music, but also some of the best hip-hop ever.

I don't even post in these HipHop boards but had to come into this topic. Pac is the King of the rap world for me the way Elvis is king of rock. His Music and Passion was just at the top of the game and not only that i think it comes to who you really heard first and the kinda impressions it left on you. I was into all types of music as a kid including rap and listening to it from the likes of MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Luniz, Nas n so on all them old tunes back in the day but it was when i heard Hit Em Up that it really blew me away and made an impression on me. Being youngish and hearing all that hate on a track got me interested and then listening to more n more of his work and seein all the variety in it aswell as watchin his interviews and see'in how inperfect he was always talkin about buryin people in 1 Interview and then talkin about how to help society in another, Just defined a guy battling with his own personality and thats what made the tunes cold.