Wenger: "I shoulda played 4-4-2"

darkman

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted that he was at fault for Emmanuel Adebayor's isolation during the 2-2 draw with Manchester United.With Robin van Persie currently sidelined, The Gunners manager opted to play Adebayor as a lone striker with Alexander Hleb floating between attack and midfield.At times the towering Togo international lacked support, and the Frenchman believes it may have been a wiser option to partner the 23-year-old with another of his strikers.Isolated"Sometimes Adebayor was a bit too isolated up there. Maybe I could have played Theo Walcott up front, or Eduardo (da Silva) or Niklas Bendnter. But I went for a different approach," Wenger said."Without Robin van Persie the balance in the final third was not completely right. That's my fault. I'd look at that again."In the final third, we dropped a little bit too much off and that took something out of our game."The game didn't reach the level in terms of technique that I'd expected it to reach, but it was still an interesting game with contrasting styles."
I cant stand us playing 4-5-1, home or awayHope Van Persie is back soon, we've misssed him

Lol. Wenger is smart still...He NEVER wanted to play 4-4-2. He doesnt think he got it wrong either...Even when he brought Eduardo & Walcott on, they played on the wings...Don't be fooled. He's basically knows know of them 3 was ready for those two games, which were more important that we didnt lose then win, however now they are out of the way he needs to give them three confidence as they are going to play...You think if our next game was Chelsea we would be playing anything but a 4-5-1 again??? Lol at you if you do.

I'm sorry but Arsene Wenger and the coaching staff of Arsenal F.C could not have entered that game against Man Utd (champions of England) starting..Eduardo - Not adjusted 2 the pace & power of the English gameTheo "Wally" Walcott - Not good enough yetBendtner - Not adjusted 2 the pace of the Premiership or the way Arsenal playAll of them against Manchester Utd would have been found wantingIn a few months it could be a diff story but Arsene got this spot on

I'm sorry but Arsene Wenger and the coaching staff of Arsenal F.C could not have entered that game against Man Utd (champions of England) starting..Eduardo - Not adjusted 2 the pace & power of the English gameTheo "Wally" Walcott - Not good enough yetBendtner - Not adjusted 2 the pace of the Premiership or the way Arsenal playAll of them against Manchester Utd would have been found wantingIn a few months it could be a diff story but Arsene got this spot on