Nas album cover for N.I.G.G.E.R?

Afroman

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol people are getting heated, don't even wanna post before my opinion gets shot down by everyone lolbut imo reasonable doubt > illmatic.. obviously both are great, but reasonable doubt is just a smoother listen - more constistent, better layout of tracks (ie. they flow better), better production imo. most tracks on illmatic are outstanding i admit, the rest i skip.. i could listen to reasonable doubt on repeat for days

lol people are getting heated, don't even wanna post before my opinion gets shot down by everyone lolbut imo reasonable doubt > illmatic.. obviously both are great, but reasonable doubt is just a smoother listen - more constistent, better layout of tracks (ie. they flow better), better production imo. most tracks on illmatic are outstanding i admit, the rest i skip.. i could listen to reasonable doubt on repeat for days
Yea id agree with most of that.

When did people start treating Illmatic like some musically bland, spoken-word album? The production is PERFECT.Premo and Pete Rock and Large Pro and Q-Tip, all operating at the apex of their talents. People, this is hip-hop defined.I actually feel genuine pity for people who don't grasp that you are listening to greatness from when Preme's drums and keys kick in on NY State of Mind, to when Nas tells you his raps should be locked in a cell, it ain't hard to tell.. Your loss

When did people start treating Illmatic like some musically bland, spoken-word album? The production is PERFECT.Premo and Pete Rock and Large Pro and Q-Tip, all operating at the apex of their talents. People, this is hip-hop defined.I actually feel genuine pity for people who don't grasp that you are listening to greatness from when Preme's drums and keys kick in on NY State of Mind, to when Nas tells you his raps should be locked in a cell, it ain't hard to tell.. Your loss
exactly im listening to reasonable doubt and its got nothing on it another thing jay-z had all these famous guest appearances on it nas had az who was less known than nas

When did people start treating Illmatic like some musically bland, spoken-word album? The production is PERFECT.Premo and Pete Rock and Large Pro and Q-Tip, all operating at the apex of their talents. People, this is hip-hop defined.
REAL TALK.People don't realise, Illmatic isn't just a Nas album, it's about the producers as well, all of whom peaked right around the time Illmatic was made.The stars just aligned for that album, everything came together beautifully. Why do you think Nas hasn't been able to come close to it since?

as was said, music >> lyrics...hence the reason jay is where he is, and papoose is where he is, theres a million other papoose's out there but you cant make a career from freestyles...its the same in england, kano >> ghettz for the same reasons...as for the album title unless he can justify it, it may aswel be called jam on toast for all i care...

Reasonable Doubt >> Illmatic.Big claim, but imo Illmatic was way overrated.too many classics from RD - Can I Live, Regrets, D'evils e.t.c.
AT f*ckING LAST. AT FOOOOOOOKING LAST Illmatic IS the most overrated album EVER. EASILY.
nah, i wouldnt say its that overatedbut like i said, i find Reasonable Doubt better

u cannot listen to illmatic now and understand the full gravity of what was goin on when he dropped the album...at the time that he dropped that album he was lightyears ahead of everyone out at the timeK-dot.1
this is alos true, but still, when Jay dropped his album, nobody cared bout it and if you listen to it now its still better than alot fo the stuff thats out @ the moment..thats why i think its better than illmatic

I really cannot fathom anyone saying Reasonable Doubt is better than Illmatic.
whys that though?illmatic had the sick, poetic lyricsreasonable doubt had good lyrics and very good music
Illmatic: Unbelievable lyrics, f*cking beautiful beats, perfect amount of tracks & running time.Reasonable Doubt: Decent lyrics, OK beats, too long.