Everton Fans: You've ruined Rooney

Dizzle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Member
I actually prefered the old Gerrard he played like he cared this one plays like he owes the club suttin
LOLsh*t...he does do thatnever looked at it that waybut still before torres came he was saving your bacon frequently like that

He's had ONE season where his shooting has turned sh*t and people are talking a bag of S. Going on like he wasn't smashing in 30 yarders for fun at any time when he was playing for Utd. Go ask Schwarzer about him on the half volley.

Hmm, fair article really, Everton fans still extremely bitter that he left, Rooney says in his book it was cause of Moyes and what not..but ye its where it all started at Everton, he had the pace he beat his man more often and he played without much discipline.. lets not forget though he was 16/17/18, a hyped, agressive youngster..which is what we had to get out of him if he was to become a true great.. Rooney often got sent off for stupid things, he let opponents wind him up, and had a name for himself with referees that saw him get sent off just because of who he was e.g. World Cup, Amsterdam Tournament, Villareal.. Sir Alex knew he coulnt let that cost him anymore games, so the unnesscery agression had to go, and as we can see now, it gradually has..LOL @ Dizzle you mong, "we've runied rooney" when the article doesnt even suggest that, allow your bait titles, and the Capello bit you seem to miss this bit out

Fabio Capello has demanded that Wayne Rooney improve his finishing. The England manager agrees that the attacker is the team's most talented player but says his reliability is a concern. Rooney went more than three years without a goal for his country in a competitive fixture, between the Euro 2004 quarter-final against Portugal and a qualifier against Estonia in October 2007, and operating as a lone striker he did not score in the recent friendlies with Switzerland and France.Article continuesIt is a grave flaw if the person in that position cannot be trusted to finish, so the issue is urgent for Capello. But the Italian expresses faith. "There is one thing he has got to improve and will improve. In every game he has a lot of scoring chances and he doesn't take them, or nowhere near as many of them as he should. I am fairly sure he will in the future."The Manchester United player missed three chances in the 2-1 victory over Arsenal last Sunday and Sir Alex Ferguson has been conscious of that intermittent fault over the years, but the issue is less pressing at club level, where Rooney has struck 17 times this season, than in internationals."I spoke to Rooney and I think technically he is very strong and very good," said Capello, who was in Lesotho yesterday as part of an FA programme to assist grass-roots football in Africa. "What he needs to do is be more relaxed in front of goal and not to develop an obsession about it. He's getting chances and when a player does that he's going to break his duck sooner or later and become a scorer."I have seen a few players who looked as if they would never be scorers and then, at 26 years of age or so, they started scoring. In his first two seasons at Parma, Hernán Crespo didn't get many but then he started scoring loads. It depends on how relaxed and confident you are in front of goal. I'm much more worried about forwards who don't get chances."Capello believes that "constant practice" of finishing in training sessions can make Rooney more at ease. The manager is far from unappreciative of the 22-year-old and regards him as a possible England captain. "He is a leader, he is an example on the pitch. Obviously he is very young so we need to give him a bit more time to get more experience and mature a bit."
Rooney at Everton was that raw type, he just got near the goal, skinned a defender and smashed it top corner. He should go back to that instead of dropping deep and do little or nothing. The only explanation is that Ferguson must see him in a Scholes typa role?
SMFH, Matt you rarely chat blatant sh*t, allow it
Just thought plp would like to see what Everton fans think of Rooneys progress
"everton fans?" you mean an "everton faN" one that has now moved to America aswell LOL
every player in the world becomes less fearless its a natural progression and developmentcomparing rooneys attitude to playin from when he was 17, jus only signed pro forms, nobody new him, nobody new his style of play, no pressure to preform, not at a big clubto now jus doesnt make sense
good point N.A.ANYWAY yer, NO ONE thinks Rooney would of been a better player if he stayed at Everton, or if Newcastle won the race to sign him (LMAO), he is in the elite bracket of footballers IMO, he is secretly very underated.. To get the everton rooney where he showed his pace more often, you need to get a Injury-Free season, and certainly no more foot problems.. if we get that then we get a chance of seeing Rooney back to running past players.true what spawn said also, Rooney finishing has come under critiscm this season alot, but have you lot forgot hes other 3 seasons, clinical?? maybe not, but a very good finisher he is, and yet he still has 17 goals and 12 assists THIS SEASON.. hes record for Man Utd since he joined is mind blowing..04.05 - (43A) 17 goals, 5 assists (metatersal injury he had this season, suffered at Euro 2004, hes season started in October)05.06 - (48A) 19 goals, 14 assists (had a thigh strain 2 weeks along with some other niggles, but this was probably hes most injury free season, won his 1st medal)06.07 - (55A) 23 goals, 20 assists (rushed back from injury metatersal for world cup, some say it cost him, but this was HES BEST SEASON performance wise)07.08 - (38A) 17 goals, 12 assists (another serious foot injury, plus an ankle injury, missed near 3 months of THIS season, and we still aint finished yet, expecting 20 goals)would also like to point out, the appearances also include subsitute appearances as i couldnt be bothered to work them out and deduct them..our main problem with him, is injuries because they always disrupt hes form, he gets injured when he is on scoring runs then he recovers and takes a couple games to catch up again, but as England are not in Euro 2008 thus full summers rest for him, we have a chance next year of seeing the Demon Wayne again..Also i would like to point out, that during hes first 1 1/2 seasons with Man Utd, he actually played EXACTLY like how he played at Everton (untill we started to shift him unto the wing during hes 2nd season with us), watch some videos below, all these videos are very good, try and watchEverton Days, No Man Utd FootageRooney @ Everton again, PLUS Early Man Utd Footage, LMAO @ the goal he scores at 38 secs (must see)The type of Everton bitterness that you can see in that article, but who wouldnt be bitter at losing Wayne Rooney though?

another good article i just read about Rooney.. Media are on him TOO much

19026_news.jpgArguments rage as to whether this season should be considered a success for the young striker. The confidence of the manager, not to mention 17 goals bagged with games left to play, seems a fair return for a player who began the campaign with a serious foot fracture and returned only to damage his ankle in a freak training ground accident. But this does not convince some of the player’s more determined critics, who believe the passage from boy to man has stripped Rooney of the freshness and the air of invincibility that once distinguished his play and terrified Europe. Their questions remain: Does Rooney still have the nerve to fire United to a Double this year? Can he lead England out of the wilderness? Has he pushed on from the electrifying youngster who announced himself as a 16 year old in the blue of Everton? Such is the interest in Rooney that these questions seem to have dogged him every season since his £27 million move to Old Trafford four years ago. United fans sense a sinister ABU agenda. Criticism of Wazza was once silenced all to easily by reference to that goal against Newcastle, a strike that will be replayed until the end of time, or the debut Champions League hattrick against Fenebache. Not so now. The ‘Rooney stagnates’ story is still with us and despite United’s rise to domestic dominance, it just wont go away. Earlier this month, Middlesbrough’s goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer, during an Observer newspaper interview about his Australian upbringing and extra-football interests, departed from standard football orthodoxy to declare plainly that Rooney had lost his way."The English league was always a popular league back in the 70s and 80s but it has never been as popular as it is now,” he said. “Why? Cristiano Ronaldo is one reason, Didier Drogba and Fernando Torres are others."There's not an English player like them, as much as everybody in England wishes. Wayne Rooney was supposed to be that good but even he hasn't progressed as they've wanted him to."A fitting response would have been for Rooney to have rammed Schwarzer’s comments down his throat courtesy of a virtuoso hatrick when the teams faced each other at the Riverside later that afternoon. He did hit the target but in an uneven display by the champions, the goalkeeper's accusation went largely unanswered.And there lies the problem for Rooney. Never mind his contribution to United, the space he makes for others or his versatility: Rooney must score and regularly to keep the critics at bay. When he doesn’t, or when he misses what the television pundits insist are ‘straightforward’ chances, he is reproached.It's weighing on him. The sense of relief that Rooney embodied in scoring against Aston Villa last month was perhaps a reflection of this pressure to perform.It is said that marksman are born, not made. Clearly, Rooney is no Ruud Van Nistelrooy in front of goal, a point made forcefully by Fabio Capello.According to a Guardian news report, the new England manager "has demanded that Wayne Rooney improve his finishing."It went on, "The England manager agrees that the attacker is the team's most talented player but says his reliability is a concern."Rooney went more than three years without a goal for his country in a competitive fixture, between the Euro 2004 quarter-final against Portugal and a qualifier against Estonia in October 2007, and operating as a lone striker he did not score in the recent friendlies with Switzerland and France."It is a grave flaw if the person in that position cannot be trusted to finish, so the issue is urgent for Capello. But the Italian expresses faith. "There is one thing he has got to improve and will improve. In every game he has a lot of scoring chances and he doesn't take them, or nowhere near as many of them as he should. I am fairly sure he will in the future."Capello’s comments will be seized upon by those looking to bury England’s greatest talent - a national sport that flourishes as a dark side show to the country’s obsession with celebrity.Looped replays of chances gone astray – like the three at home to Arsenal - do make it easy for Rooney to be the prize catch of those whose business it is to build 'em up and then knock 'em down.Worse, much worse, for the player’s image and public appreciation is the extraordinary rise over the last two years of teammate and fellow young star Cristiano Ronaldo.Their 2006 World Cup spat will forever link the players in the public mind and it remains for some a neat dividing line in the assessment of their respective careers.Before the quarter final match, Rooney was considered the better of the two youngsters. It was Rooney who enjoyed the pan-European reputation after his Euro 2004 exploits. It was Rooney who was the darling of the tabloids and the Chav magazines with his girl-next-door companion and stellar contracts and it was Rooney who was the kingpin of the United team.By contrast, Ronaldo, for all his speed and talent, was considered a show pony, at odds with at least two of his team mates, his abilities less well integrated into the team ethic Sir Alex was fashioning.Whereas pundits spoke of Rooney’s positives – speed, power, clever football brain, vitality – Ronaldo was discussed in the negative – frustrating, goes to easily to ground, doesn’t know when to pass to team mates, etc., etc.The quarter final clash between the pair produced a media storm which many assumed would devour the Portuguese winger. Instead, Ronaldo thrived, silencing his critics as his myriad talents blossomed over the next season. The goals came too as United came back to challenge and eventually overhaul Chelsea.As Ronaldo rose to claim the limelight, so Rooney’s star appeared to shine less brightly. Perhaps it was the successive metatarsal breaks and other injuries that required weeks on the sidelines. In turn, these layoffs may have affected the fitness and sharpness that Rooney needed to stay on top of his game.Whereas Ronaldo has been able to focus solely on refining his wing skills and deploying them to the maximum reward of the team, Rooney has been forced to learn a new role in order to fit into Sir Alex’s shifting team plans.Rooney, ideally cast in the ‘hole’ behind the front man is now asked to lead both club and country as the lone spearhead. The process of changing his game to suit new tactics and personnel has admittedly not always been smooth. However, when the learning curve is complete, it should make Rooney an even more versatile force.Certainly, Rooney could find no better manager to guide his transition from teen prodigy to adult star. Sir Alex’s Ferguson’s many gifts have been placed at the service of striplings such as Giggs, Beckham, Scholes and Ronaldo and he has made superstars of them all.If Rooney, still only 22 years old, can play two or three seasons without serious injury, fans might then have a real opportunity to gauge conclusively the scale of his development.Despite the groans, the sighs and the poisoned whispers, Rooney's talent is undoubted. Surely, only bad luck can hold him back.

Young Money did you actually go onto The Times website?If you did you would see the title of that article from the link I posted is: "Fergie has ruined our Wayne"LMAO @ You, killed yourself.Ang tite the plp who cared more about the fact that it was me Dizzle who stumbled across these articles, then the actual content of the articles themselves.What kind of forum is this? You would SERIOUSLY rather talk about ME, then the fact that someone in the media is saying Fergie is holding back Rooney's potential?!Again, what kind of Sports forum is this? I've never seen anything like it.

Young Money did you actually go onto The Times website?If you did you would see the title of that article from the link I posted is: "Fergie has ruined our Wayne"LMAO @ You, killed yourself.
LMAO u idiot"fergie has ruined our wayne" is what the Times put, bit off eye-catching advertising to people to click the linkbut it is different from "you've ruined rooney" alieand the ACTUAL title of the aritcle that the AUTHOR HIMSELF wrote was "our wayne is better than yours" which again is completely different from"you've ruined rooney"you spastic

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

People talk about you because you are an imbecile, lol you say its always ME coming in saying things about you but 90% of the posts I and others see you make are absolute weasel-piss.Honestly, do you think ALL these users are wrong and you are right?Think about it.

Young Money did you actually go onto The Times website?If you did you would see the title of that article from the link I posted is: "Fergie has ruined our Wayne"LMAO @ You, killed yourself.
"fergie has ruined our wayne" is what the Times put, bit off eye-catching advertising to people to click the linkbut it is different from "you've ruined rooney" alie
Yeah BIG difference*SMFH @ this yout*

"fergie has ruined our wayne" is what the Times put, bit off eye-catching advertising to people to click the linkbut it is different from "you've ruined rooney" alie
CANT U READDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDARRGHH"fergie has ruined our wayne" is what the Times put, bit off eye-catching advertising to people to click the linkITS BAIT, ITS WAT THE TIMES TTHAT PUT THAT, NOT THE AUTHORTHE TIMES ARE JUST DOING WHAT EVEYRONE DOES WITH THEIR TITLETHE ORGINIAL TITLE WAS "OUR WAYNE IS BETTER THAN YOURS"I CALLED U A MONG FOR CHANGING A ALREADY CHANGED TITLEi dont even know why im arguingpiss off u clueless twat

CANT U READDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDARRGHH"fergie has ruined our wayne" is what the Times put, bit off eye-catching advertising to people to click the linkITS BAIT, ITS WAT THE TIMES TTHAT PUT THAT, NOT THE AUTHORTHE TIMES ARE JUST DOING WHAT EVEYRONE DOES WITH THEIR TITLETHE ORGINIAL TITLE WAS "OUR WAYNE IS BETTER THAN YOURS"I CALLED U A MONG FOR CHANGING A ALREADY CHANGED TITLEi dont even know why im arguingpiss off u clueless twat
The same reason The Times used that wording for the link is the same reason I used it for a thread title, understand? In your first post you thought I made it up from nothing...you were wrong as you know. lol @ me even arguing about a frigging Thread title with this homo. This room is getting ridiculous.

The same reason The Times used that wording for the link is the same reason I used it for a thread title, understand? In your first post you thought I made it up from nothing...you were wrong as you know. lol @ me even arguing about a frigging Thread title with this homo. This room is getting ridiculous.
LOL @ Dizzle you mong, "we've runied rooney" when the article doesnt even suggest that, allow your bait titles
i read the f*ck*ng article before you posted it on another forum u arse, which is why i said it allow your bait titles..cos the forum i read it from, their topic title said "our wayne is better than yours" but on this forum the local donut's version says "you've ruined rooney"talk sh*t and your going on a 10,000 hour holiday you d*ckheadyour stupidity is beyond humorous now

People talk about you because you are an imbecile, lol you say its always ME coming in saying things about you but 90% of the posts I and others see you make are absolute weasel-piss.Honestly, do you think ALL these users are wrong and you are right?Think about it.
Ang tite You, the leader of the 'Stalk Dizzle CLub'

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
Ang tite You, the leader of the 'Stalk Dizzle CLub'
Ang tite You, the leader of the 'Talk Drivel Club'

Guest The Member
Doesn't make any sense making topics about Man Utd players really.
its true coz no matter how u say united players are crapthe fact still remains that theyre top of the table and are looking likely to RETAIN the titlebut go figure....

its true coz no matter how u say united players are crapthe fact still remains that theyre top of the table and are looking likely to RETAIN the titlebut go figure....
Thats what Man Utd fans always take the argument down to which means having a discussion is pretty pointless.

Guest The Member
Thats what Man Utd fans always take the argument down to which means having a discussion is pretty pointless.
lol but isnt that what its all about at the end of the dayyou could 11 crap players on the pitch but if there winning who gives a crap how sh*t they are

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
Nah I wouldnt.I just dont agree that carrick has underperformed this season, imo he has been underrated, he does alot of things that go unnoticed, he may not be spectacular but he gets his job done well.

lol but isnt that what its all about at the end of the dayyou could 11 crap players on the pitch but if there winning who gives a crap how sh*t they are
I suppose ultimately it is, but surely you can seperate an individuals performance from the teams performance and look at it that way without falling back on 'we're top of the league etc'.

Guest The Member
I suppose ultimately it is, but surely you can seperate an individuals performance from the teams performance and look at it that way without falling back on 'we're top of the league etc'.
i suppose but for me the bigger picture is more important