newb question

Jdot

rightso im bare confuseddoes LAYING a bet on the 1st goal scorer mean, ur betting for them NOT 2 score 1st?how comes the odds r so good for this defender NOT 2 score 1st? i mean £100 = £11 grand for him not 2 score :Sim probly not understanding this correct but stillsome 1 please explain how this worksnew 2 this sh*tccmq9.jpg

The premise is right, but the odds only come into play when you lose the bet when laying. You lose on the odds offered and your lose would have been 120 quid for every pound you put on. If you win, your profit is the same as your stake, WHATEVER THE LAYING ODDS ARE.In that example, if you layed 2 quid on that defender scoring first, and he did, you would lose at odds of 120/1.If you done the same thing but he DIDNT score first, you won the bet so youd get back your 2 quid stake, and 2 quid profit. So really, if you win ANY lay bet, the odds are 2/1, and if you lose it, the odds are whatever shows up in that red box. What you would lose if the lay bet didnt win is known as your 'liability' (in this case, its 120 quid liability for every pound you put on). And obviously youd need to have enough in your Betfair account to cover your liability. Its a silly bet, dont do it.

Sorry Trane explain this to me: Hypothetical situationIn the Netherlands vs Romania game I choose to lay against 0-0, it's telling me Backer's odds are 13Now if I put a 5 quid bet on this the liability (the amount I'll have to pay out if it is 0-0) is 60 quid, when I click on the payout tab it says 65 quidIf the score turns out to be say 1-0 and I win the bet, would I receive 65 quid or a 10er?Allow me I used Coral before it takes getting used to lol

also how come you can make your own odds so high!!!can someone explain wot happen if i did my odds like this?15q81ut.jpg
Your bet wont be matched. Unless you put it a shade over the price offered, and wait abit, then it MIGHT be matched, but chances are it wont.
Sorry Trane explain this to me: Hypothetical situationIn the Netherlands vs Romania game I choose to lay against 0-0, it's telling me Backer's odds are 13Now if I put a 5 quid bet on this the liability (the amount I'll have to pay out if it is 0-0) is 60 quid, when I click on the payout tab it says 65 quidIf the score turns out to be say 1-0 and I win the bet, would I receive 65 quid or a 10er?Allow me I used Coral before it takes getting used to lol
Nar, the payout, is the TOTAL paid out, including your stake. In other words, what the person who offered them odds, would recieve in total. Dunno why thats even a function youd need tbh. But nar, if the lay bet wins, you make 5 quid profit. (Your liability doesnt include your stake as I assume that its assumed you know if you lose the lay bet, youll lose your stake aswell)

if you were to lay £5 on it not being nil nil and the end result ended up at 1-0 you would win the £5, if it was 0-0 u would lose £65

• 4 weeks later...