Black = Ghetto?

Numero001

When I'm speaking about baby mother, it's like I may hear one boy moaning about a phone convo and ask whats up. He could turn to me and say "You know my ute, Kingsley? His mother Femi is taking me for black jack with only Red Jacks." Most likely he'll say "my babymothers pissing me off," if he cant be bothered with the whole background.And thats another one. Saying my ute. I know people will start taking offence to that and start attaching negative connotations to that, if there arent already. Yute is just a Jamaican pronounciation for youth or son. Where is the offensive bit? Should I not call it your son also? "Hows your offspring" is what I'm asking for 09

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Christophe-Michel

Know what this reminds me of...When certain Black people will get asked ''What type of music you listen to mostly''?Said Black person will listen to Hip-Hop/Grime most of the time and dabble in other sh*t but will say something like ''I listen to everything still''....sh*t like this irks me.

Guest David Braund
Know what this reminds me of...When certain Black people will get asked ''What type of music you listen to mostly''?Said Black person will listen to Hip-Hop/Grime most of the time and dabble in other sh*t but will say something like ''I listen to everything still''....sh*t like this irks me.
lolwen ppl drop this n i ask them what they think of the bullet for my valentine album or latest bleeding through release, their always like wotplay them a piece n they're like i dnt listen to thatthen i gotta be like... so u dnt listen to everything then...convo goes on for years....

Guest Tronics
lolwen ppl drop this n i ask them what they think of the bullet for my valentine album or latest bleeding through release, their always like wotplay them a piece n they're like i dnt listen to thatthen i gotta be like... so u dnt listen to everything then...convo goes on for years....
Innit.What's worse is when they say they listen to everything yet they don't know the words to the song till they see the video etc.Jokes.But on subject i've always had a problem with the word baby mother/father just because it represents (for me anyways) a certain group or type of persons and no-one with any sense would want to be associated with them by choice.

Guest Radio
They're talking genre wise, not every single song ever made ffsI listen to most sh*t, if it's good music I like it regardless

They're talking genre wise, not every single song ever made ffsI listen to most sh*t, if it's good music I like it regardless
But some say it to sound cool

Guest Christophe-Michel
It's not so much about the music but more about not wanting to be associated with 'Rude-boy' music...I mean, some people still don't even like calling Hip-Hop/R'n'B 'Black music' anymore....

It's not so much about the music but more about not wanting to be associated with 'Rude-boy' music...I mean, some people still don't even like calling Hip-Hop/R'n'B 'Black music' anymore....
Very true. I say "I listen to Reggae, HipHop and RnB, but I'm quite open-minded." Dun story. More time them suckaz dont listen to sh*t but black music. Or them ones that are like "Yeah I listen to Adele and Duffy" like say they dont listen to 50 Cent

Guest David Braund

yea but when u say u listen to teverythingn i play u death metal or gore or some sh*t n u say nah i dnt listen to that sh*tthat means "that sh*t" is the whole genre so u dnt really listen to everything, u dnt listen to that kinda musicsomeome told me they listened to everything i played them thissuddenly they didnt listen to everythingtheres only like 3 genres i listen 2, its long even askin me this question i hardly even answer it

yea but when u say u listen to teverythingn i play u death metal or gore or some sh*t n u say nah i dnt listen to that sh*tthat means "that sh*t" is the whole genre so u dnt really listen to everything, u dnt listen to that kinda musicsomeome told me they listened to everything i played them thissuddenly they didnt listen to everythingtheres only like 3 genres i listen 2, its long even askin me this question i hardly even answer it
LMAO talk about taking it to the extreme
The terms Baby Mother/Father represent a lack of social responsibility to me, and as such I am very much against them.
In which way are you talking? How have they been brought into conversation? Thats a confusing statement. You talking from a BBC news perspective or a man on road referring to his babys mother as his "baby mother?"

Tbh I don't see how the term babymama is degrading or ghetto... it's just slang. Plus I wouldn't say its something only blk people say... hell theres even a movie called babymama and all of the cast are white.
:D:huh: Ok so just because its slang, its cool? To be honest I would like to hear more female opinions on this matter... or would they all feel comfortable (like Soca Junkie) being a labelled a babymama, having already read about the bad connotations attached to the term?again for me it's not a case of me losing sight of my 'blackness'... I just personally think the term is unappropriate in todays society where black people on a whole already have many bad stereotypes as it is. If the female or male value his or her partner... then whats wrong with saying The Mother/Father of my child?
I didn't say it was cool... if people wna say babymama babyfather dass their buisness... I don't even like the term because it sounds too American...If I say it Im usually joking around (in an american accent)... Babymamas was used for the females who are with child on this forum... I don't see how that is degrading afterall are they not mamas now?When it comes to introductions though I think it is rude... Like Gunner stated before... the person has a name... and introducing his mum as so n so's babymama was unneccesary.

Thats what im sayin... people are taking this way off subject, when a person says "they listen to everything" i'm sure they mean it as a figure of speech, well thats how I take it... Just because they may not know some obscure band you listen to that doesnt mean their knowledge of different music genres are limited.... I like Sergio Mendes, but if a brazillian came up to me and started quizzing me on Samba music I'd be stumped, but that doesnt mean to say I don't have an interest in the genre.:anyway back on topic:

GET MELMAOTHYJHRTEGERFGTEHJYRTGTERFEDW

Guest David Braund
its part of everything tho isnt it?

its part of everything tho isnt it?
Yeah but come on now lol.

Guest David Braund

i kno im being pedantic, but u shudnt say u like everything if u dnt like everythingnot even specifi tunes, ill play man a selection of various tunes fromt he same genre n they jus say they dnt liek that typetune's hard doethe plainfaces i get when i play it to the "everything" crowd are priceless

Tbh I don't see how the term babymama is degrading or ghetto... it's just slang. Plus I wouldn't say its something only blk people say... hell theres even a movie called babymama and all of the cast are white.
:D:huh: Ok so just because its slang, its cool? To be honest I would like to hear more female opinions on this matter... or would they all feel comfortable (like Soca Junkie) being a labelled a babymama, having already read about the bad connotations attached to the term?again for me it's not a case of me losing sight of my 'blackness'... I just personally think the term is unappropriate in todays society where black people on a whole already have many bad stereotypes as it is. If the female or male value his or her partner... then whats wrong with saying The Mother/Father of my child?
I didn't say it was cool... if people wna say babymama babyfather dass their buisness... I don't even like the term because it sounds too American...If I say it Im usually joking around (in an american accent)... Babymamas was used for the females who are with child on this forum... I don't see how that is degrading afterall are they not mamas now?When it comes to introductions though I think it is rude... Like Gunner stated before... the person has a name... and introducing his mum as so n so's babymama was unneccesary.
Yeah but c'mon... you said you don't find it degrading or ghetto, so that implies you find it acceptable right?Plus babymama, babymother or babymudda... its all the same no matter how you pronounce it and regarding the females with newborns on the forum, I'm not debating the fact their mums, my point was the fact Jodie labelled them babymamas instead of just plain'ol mothers.End of the day if their cool with it's really no skin off my nose, It's just that the phrase paints a negative image in my mind and I was interested to findout what others thought (mainly female) but I guess this is one of those things where we'll agree to disagree.