Black = Ghetto?

Numero001

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

black people are to blame. they are the ones who give themselves most of these labels, when it comes back to bite them they start to get vexed. the first person to say "im not your avg black man" i can bet anything WAS black. you hear people on radio and on road say, "yeah but black people dont_________ or do________" everything one black man does he automatically insists that all black men do this too, and this is used mostly in the negative sense. black people create their own stereotypes to fight amongst each other, other people pick up on this and remix them a bit and throw them back at you. fair play most of the time tbh.
Don't want to get involved, but the majority of black people I know of see themselves like some sort of group more than a race.*leaves for the last time*
lmfaooo your avatar

black people are to blame. they are the ones who give themselves most of these labels, when it comes back to bite them they start to get vexed. the first person to say "im not your avg black man" i can bet anything WAS black. you hear people on radio and on road say, "yeah but black people dont_________ or do________" everything one black man does he automatically insists that all black men do this too, and this is used mostly in the negative sense. black people create their own stereotypes to fight amongst each other, other people pick up on this and remix them a bit and throw them back at you. fair play most of the time tbh.
Don't want to get involved, but the majority of black people I know of see themselves like some sort of group more than a race.*leaves for the last time*
init all 5 of em :D

And 001 you're one of those people who think black people should act a certain way and do certain things otherwise they're not black, I remember you made a post about it or suttin I dunno but yeah confining blacks to a certain attitude isn't exactly helpful.
Read my other response to you"Also, I wouldnt say its just a colour/race to me 'cause, in London for example, you have large groups of people originating from the same place, therefore it's more a culture that you've grown into. Its much easier to call it black 'cause there are a lot of similarities. Remember, nuff people are first and second gen here, so the English ting is not in us thaaaat much yet. Next generation will be different tings for obvious reasons, but I dont think its quite at the point to say race doesnt define."No one's saying be disrespectful to others or not to associate yourselves with others 'cause black is our gang and you've got your gang depending on race. Thats foolish. I just feel people try to hard to disassociate themselves from a lot of so-called negative black stereotypes that arent neccessarily bad, but are portrayed as bad, such as names and tracksuits.I dont think you should act a certain way per se, just believe people try too hard to not be a "stereotype black," so I call them out. When I say black I dont mean your skin colour, I'm talking about black by culture. And yes there is such thing as black culture IMO. As previously stated, we are mainly from Caribbean or West Africa, hang around together in social circles from secondary school all the way up, live in similar areas, share similar experiences etc. It's no coincidence that most of us black people on here can talk about the same things, regardless of where out parents are from. Yes you have some white people that will know what we are talking about, but those are more likely the ones who move with black boys. How often do you actually see a mixed group of firends where there isnt a more of one race than the other and everyone brings there own culture to the table? I'm not talking 3 white, 2 black more 5 white, 2 black 1 mixed. Y'see what I'm saying?

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

also....like bare ppl didnt back alex in bb sayin sh*t like DAYM NOW THATS HOW A REAL NINJA ROLLSn call mo a bounty, or my favourite quote......a disgrace to the house of brownn now they come in here preachinkeepin to bb as an example, there's like wot.....5 fully blooded english (debatable) ppl left in the house n no one looks at them to be a representative of our race/nationality or expect them to behave in a certain way cos of it

Guest M12 Part 2

im dealing out bare cs's 2day on ere!C/Sto be honest though. its the same as the natural hair vs european hair ting. or lighties vs darkies in mainstream media. A lotta people have been conditioned to think black is bad and to get anywhere/be recognized. you have to behave more like white people.

The sad thing about all of this is once you criticise this ''gheto'' mentality then you're often labelled a ''bounty', ''Uncle Tom'', or ''Uncle Ruckus''. Shows how lost people are, they take pride in being ignorant and ostracizing themselves from the rest of society.There have been many occasions when I've said I stopped using the word ''nigga'', them sone have had the cheek to call me ''white'' KMT.

Your complaining about the wrong thing I think.What would replacing the word 'ghetto' with the word 'black' solve?IMO, if your labelling a certain action merely on the basis of the stereotypes you hear, then thats wrong.The label you give it,is not significant. As I said,how is changing the word 'ghetto' to 'black' going to solve anything?Adn Durty is right, you call people bounties for all sorts of unjustified reasons, so your not really in a position to make this topic.On a side note, black people often love the negative tags given to them, they dont usually try and fight against them or discredit them (and when they are, they are accused of 'acting white' or 'not knowing their roots'). If your happy to live up to the stereotype when with certain people or FOR certain people, then you cant complain if everyone claims the stereotype has some truth to it. (Like the example given in BB with Alex - trying to show off to her friends that shes 'not someone you can boy off' or that she is an aggressive person and nobody can mess with her, but when other people give her this label, people think thats racist or narrow minded)Its fine, if you want to walk around like a hoodlum on the street to impress other hoodlums, then dont blame people who ARE NOT hoodlum, to give you the same tag, based on how you carry yourself on the street. Two sides to every coin.

Now, not only do I read this on net, I hear this on street. To me it's the "I'm not your average black" race trader that uses this term. Product of your society IMO, suckered into believing that black is bad, white is the proper way.
Or maybe it's people who don't want race to define them as a person. It's an attempt to move away from perceived negative stereotypes not necesarily shun them just show that there is more than that to them. The baby mother thing is to an extent degrading, not just cause of the ghetto connotation (and there is one whether it's right or wrong) but because of the born out of wedlock therefore immoral or even loose stigma around it. From a sexist standpoint it also makes it seem as if the womans sole purpose is to push out babies.
c/sI couldn't have said it any better.

Your complaining about the wrong thing I think.What would replacing the word 'ghetto' with the word 'black' solve?IMO, if your labelling a certain action merely on the basis of the stereotypes you hear, then thats wrong.The label you give it,is not significant. As I said,how is changing the word 'ghetto' to 'black' going to solve anything?Adn Durty is right, you call people bounties for all sorts of unjustified reasons, so your not really in a position to make this topic.On a side note, black people often love the negative tags given to them, they dont usually try and fight against them or discredit them (and when they are, they are accused of 'acting white' or 'not knowing their roots'). If your happy to live up to the stereotype when with certain people or FOR certain people, then you cant complain if everyone claims the stereotype has some truth to it. (Like the example given in BB with Alex - trying to show off to her friends that shes 'not someone you can boy off' or that she is an aggressive person and nobody can mess with her, but when other people give her this label, people think thats racist or narrow minded)Its fine, if you want to walk around like a hoodlum on the street to impress other hoodlums, then dont blame people who ARE NOT hoodlum, to give you the same tag, based on how you carry yourself on the street. Two sides to every coin.
Me calling him bounty is 'cause he goes on like he hates everything associated with black apart from the colour of his clothes and creps. I dont understand how matters here. I'm asking does everything black have to be called ghetto. If you dont like it, why not say you dont like it 'cause its not to your taste instead of labelling it ghetto. Whats that got to do with who's a bounty?BRB, I'm gonna read the topic again to see where you got this living up to stereotypes from. Your reply doesnt make any sense. I airred DBoi 'cause I thought he was chatting sh*t/bussin joke. This is a self-hate topic, so I'm not getting your point

Guest David Braund
Me calling him bounty is 'cause he goes on like he hates everything associated with black apart from the colour of his clothes and creps. I dont understand how matters here. I'm asking does everything black have to be called ghetto. If you dont like it, why not say you dont like it 'cause its not to your taste instead of labelling it ghetto. Whats that got to do with who's a bounty?BRB, I'm gonna read the topic again to see where you got this living up to stereotypes from. Your reply doesnt make any sense. I airred DBoi 'cause I thought he was chatting sh*t/bussin joke. This is a self-hate topic, so I'm not getting your point
but im still black right?black is jus melanin mani know my roots, African, not black, i'll fully rep n spend time learning about my ancestorsbut i giv a f*ck about what other black ppl find enticing or wearable or do with their spare timei just do me n do what makes me happy, cnt help that other black ppl may not b into it

Maybe I should have made it bold but,"No one's saying speak with a mouth full of slang, or not carry yourself well 'cause that would be stupid. I get the feeling that certain things are just written off becuase they are not in line with whats considered, for arguement sake, "the correct way." My question is why is it ghetto and deemed bad, just not to your taste?"was the last part of my opening post. Read the quote at the top of the first post to see where I'm coming from. There was a name topic and people were calling names like Shaquisha "ghetto" but names like Victoria were acceptable. What I'm asking is why does everything black people do get the "ghetto" tag, yet the Western way of thinking is correct

but im still black right?black is jus melanin mani know my roots, African, not black, i'll fully rep n spend time learning about my ancestorsbut i giv a f*ck about what other black ppl find enticing or wearable or do with their spare timei just do me n do what makes me happy, cnt help that other black ppl may not b into it
And MORE people of African descent should do this. Imagine if more people of African descent found their roots and started coming back, helping to rebuild Africa and all. HEH!