Fao London Travelers

CaoS

just on a quick one...havent really researched it yet but seein as alot of u are from or work in london i thought id give a quick try ere...on a rough one, would it be cheaper to run a 1.25 to brixton from bedford 5 days a week (for 1 week)then the rest of the time 5 days a week to kensington for...lets just say a few years (hopefully)or just buy like a railcard of somesort and if so does that include undergrounds n stuff (i dont rele know how the trains work n sh*t in london tbh im sh*t with that stuff)cheers

1.25?Sorry If Im being dumb, you talking about the litrage of a car?If so, if you didnt drive through the C-Zone, it would be cheaper yes.Then you got parking on top etc, and the added journey time.Not too familiar with the route from north until you get to edware ways, where there is a through road down past park lane/hyde park corner, come down through victoria and then out the other side.Driving works out cheaper as long as there are no peripherals (congestion charge/parking etc.) You wont have C Charge but check for parking.Edit: Kensington you'd go through the charge zone so that would work out more expensive.

the area of brixton that i go (the way the satnav takes me is through a c zone) is faster than goin round the m25 n i cnt rele afford ot be addin extra time so it will be a c zone thingbut then yea exactly...parkin n the area where this place is theres like...nowhere to leave the car...aaaaaah longage

You don't need to go through the zone.Just get on the M1, take it all the way, when you get to north, go down edgeware road.The whole Edware Road/Marble Arch/Hyde Park Corner/Park Lane is all a Congestion Charge Through Zone - you can drive that way without paying the charge.When you get to the bottom, follow the road round past victoria, pas the station, then go down vauxhall bridge road and over the bridge.5 minutes from brixton once you're past there and through to stockwell...

just on a quick one...havent really researched it yet but seein as alot of u are from or work in london i thought id give a quick try ere...on a rough one, would it be cheaper to run a 1.25 to brixton from bedford 5 days a week (for 1 week)then the rest of the time 5 days a week to kensington for...lets just say a few years (hopefully)or just buy like a railcard of somesort and if so does that include undergrounds n stuff (i dont rele know how the trains work n sh*t in london tbh im sh*t with that stuff)cheers
brixton to bedfordshire would be around £20 of petrol everyday, so your looking at £100 a week for travelnot worth it, better off using public transport

thats a mission train it still long if you do though

its an apprenticeship (thats paid) for a major record label (not selected yet) or a collection society (prs/mcps)for 6 months and after that im likely to get a full time job out of it (the apprenticeship is full time too)but considering its the line of work i want to do obviously theres no higher work than workin in the majors (aside from the law work in the industry) its worth it to me...to others it may not be but meh loli duno tho say when the trains are packed n il have to stand and il be thinkin i could be in my own car listenin to music i want deciding how hot or cold i want the air lol know wot i mean?i think wot im gona do is try the training week that i have to attend driving, il try a couple different routes and if that really isnt doin it (also depending on the pay which i doubt will be amazing for an apprenticeship...) then il just get a railcard or sumin...now another thing, a family member is a train driver is there any chance i can get some kinda discount or anything? or is it immediate family only?safe for the help so far

i dont have any family in london unfortunatly bruvyea 6 months but thats just for the apprenticeships apparently everyone else thats done this the year before and the year before that have now got jobs in the labels they worked for...universal,sony etcnow thats major to me obviously being in music so its defo something im gona attempt, but realisticaly ive still got the interview to do witht he label or collection society in october, after that il find out if i even got the apprenticeship, i think im traveling the furthest out of everyone trying which is probably a downside from their employers point of view...proper hoping i get this tho...if i was then able to get a full time career out of this id then probably move to london somewhere or just outside to make it easier...

Guest WAVE MACHINE

i personally think its worth it. jus the journey is gonna be NUTS.i wouldnt even recommend driving cos it really is that far. then u gotta think of parkin and sh*t. realistically on train u can jus go sleep with ur headphones on and ur nice.

lol proper hard decision...i could just think na its only 1 week i mite flop the interview but theres still the possibility that i WONT flop the interview n get it in which case id rather have a plan...am havin mixed thoughts, i gota admit i love driving but realisticaly, if its gona cost me nearly the same as wot im gona be gettin paid train is me...

rent some bedsit ting if your broke

nah at night i can get to stevange in 15 mins max fly down a10-m25-m1boom there

think im gona use the train tbhcoz the training week wont even be too bad, 11am i start so by the time im on the train, all the work "traffic" n ppl will have gone...only long thing is that i finish at 5 so train back at that time is gona be hell but i guess its gona save me alot of moneythen depending on weather or not i get the job or not it depends on how much money i get to wot travel methods i use lol looks like its gona be a train thing tho tbh