Too old to start boxing or MMA?

Eskay Jones

POS'D

Eskay I know you're the sort of guy whos watched a few Tyson videos and tried a few swings in your kitchen thinking yeah yeah I can do this, when you get in that gym you'd get swung out by a ute, i aint joking you'd be taken for a bitch and thats just life, boxing is life for people tis all they got and you wont be welcommed coming in trying it out fora little hobby cos you watched some skysports prize fighters, deep down the boxing community is solid, outsiders are not wanted especially at your age, ur best of going to bannatines gym and doing BOXERCISE init.

No send, i rate wat ur trying to do but just be careful

lol the imagery....

Guest Yilmaz

Some J.Toney fans on here? Toney back in the day>

James Toney vs Prince Charles Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

James Toney vs Tim Littles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Sheeeeeeeeeezassssssssssss

Maybe I'll listen to the gaffer.

Or maybe I'll listen to David Haye who has trained in both styles and happens to be a Heavyweight Champion.

It's funny how, MMA fans really couldnt care less about boxing. Yet boxing fans seem to hold a huge grudge against MMA.

what did david haye say?

Guest Yilmaz

MMA fighters (good ones) are very technical. Don't believe the hype.

Boxers are just better at boxing than MMA fighters are...nothing else really. It just so happens that boxers (from what I've seen) seem to have superior footwork to MMA fighters. MMA fighters seem to over-emphasise weight and strength training over footwork and speed training. MMAists are jacks of all trades and very have mastered anything helping them substantially.

So while a good boxers punching skill may look like this:

Boxer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

An MMAists looks like this.

MMA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BUT an MMAist also has other skills to draw on.

As artists, the only MMA fighters I've seen that come close to the best boxers are the Gracies. The rest just haven't mastered any style enough to be on that level. It's all common sense really. And take it from someone who's trained with the UK's top boxers and MMAists.