* Official GYM Thread *

Lofa

Guest King Ronnie Coleman

When doing deadlifts is it important to lower it slowly to the ground or can you just drop it?My new gym is sick, I met the owner today an he was short. Heres a pic f him (the one on the right)photo11.jpg

i might take some pics 2moro if i rememberim doing my pansy workout abs, biceptz and triceptzLOL people in gym will prolly think im a tool
Lol, im just doing biceps, tris and chest right now.Some times do shoulders and back.Thing is ive only got a multi gym and dumb bells so i cant be doing dead lifts and squats and sh*t.Might go gym to do them and because working in my garage alone is boring as hell.

do u lot do weighted dips or pull ups? cos after a while ur body just gets used to ur own weight. atm i can manage 4 reps with 40kg doing dips for triceps, usually im around the 25-30kg and 25kg for pull ups. i hurt my back on the negative doing DL's 3 weeks ago, i think my back is healed now..still a bit scared, but will try test it on Friday. lol @ those pics.. the oldest looking guy looks like he won. why do BBers always open gyms..

do u lot do weighted dips or pull ups? cos after a while ur body just gets used to ur own weight. atm i can manage 4 reps with 40kg doing dips for triceps, usually im around the 25-30kg and 25kg for pull ups. i hurt my back on the negative doing DL's 3 weeks ago, i think my back is healed now..still a bit scared, but will try test it on Friday. lol @ those pics.. the oldest looking guy looks like he won. why do BBers always open gyms..
I need to start doing weighted dips, i've already rinsed out bodyweight.How do you make dips target your triceps more?

Guest Black Tom
lowering it>>>>dropping it.the negative is still part of the exercise. dont get it twisted.
I try to lower it how as much as I can, but comes a point where the bar is just heavy to hold. No matter how tight the straps are

i think the thumbless grip allows more emphasis on the tris, i find it easier doing them with the full clasp grip. when i take away my thumb control it feels heavier. and dont swing, and even if its 1kg u start off with.. its still 1kg more than ur bodyweight.

lowering it>>>>dropping it.the negative is still part of the exercise. dont get it twisted.
I try to lower it how as much as I can, but comes a point where the bar is just heavy to hold. No matter how tight the straps are
smhyour using lifting straps for 140kg.next you'll be saying you used mixed grip as well.do it the mans way.no straps. double overhand.

Guest Black Tom
smhyour using lifting straps for 140kg.next you'll be saying you used mixed grip as well.do it the mans way.no straps. double overhand.
Sorry Jay CutlerNah its overhand cant do mixed grip

no offence still but i was always told if you cant lift the weight you shouldnt be doing it.should be working on grip and forearm strength. lifting straps are only acceptable on them beast weights

Definately M12 if you cant do it train with someone else thats what they say in the gym. If you go in half hearted you get told the same. On bench - we have to take it out the rack ourselves but spotter helps put it back, some people have help taking it in and out.Preacher curl - If you cant lift it so your in position like elbows on pad ready to curl, get told to rack and f*ck off out the chair - where as some people get help lifting it.The group we train as you got no option but to TRY even if u fail you can still say you tried. Like yday on incline bench 2 plates a side i hit like 2 as we started from a plate and went up so i was feelin it now. Went up to 45kg a side i know i had no chance of lifting it but i still had to get on there and feel the weight. I had to bring it down slow as i can touch my chest and then drive. Like i said i had no chance of doing it but still experienced the weight. Spotter each side of the bar incase elbows went. If i couldnt trust my spotters i wouldnt of even had a try.

i think deadlifting with straps..even at a low weight aint that bad tho. i mean.. ur pretty much 'pulling' the weight anyways aren't you. maybe the only loss to you is you miss out on forearm strength, but im sure you can gain everything else from doing them with straps. any other excersize perhaps isnt the best but for deadlifts... maybe if i did have straps on 3weeks ago..i woudlnt have hurt my back biggrin.gif

I'm gonna deadlift for the first time in my life later on at the gym.Shall i keep the weights low? I havent really been working on lower back.whats better mixed grp or the normal overhand grip?

Guest Black Tom
no offence still but i was always told if you cant lift the weight you shouldnt be doing it.should be working on grip and forearm strength. lifting straps are only acceptable on them beast weights
Straps are to aid you, nothin wrong in it at allIf it was too heavy I would not be able to lift it regardless of straps or not, my back would of broke by now.

Straps are to aid you, nothin wrong in it at allIf it was too heavy I would not be able to lift it regardless of straps or not, my back would of broke by now.
same thing them powerlifters who use bench shirts will say.

Guest Black Tom
What kind of injuries do you get from deadlifts? are they serious e.g ending up in a wheelchair?
Head up, back straightI tend to always look upwards as will help to keep ur back straight, same with clean and press