* Official GYM Thread *

Lofa

Anyone know where I can find a decent FOLDING bench for chest exercise?One prefer without all the butterly, leg addons.
any of the standard type ones from argos.they come flat packed so cos you put it together yourself you can leave out the parts you dont want. mine came with a leg extension but cos i knew how pointless an exercise it was from the beginning, i just never added it. not sure if its the same with the fly things tho

Guest King Ronnie Coleman

Nah still gonna bulk up a bit, probaby gonna start cutting late jan/early feb.My chest is kinda lagging

I find the gym so f*cking boring.Anyone know any ways to get round it?
go with some friendsor the best thing to do- cancel your membership lol

Check my youtube account next month for workout vids.As for now i've uploaded some vids from thisfooltyler. For those that don't know him he used to have badderman vids of weightlifting/bodyweight exercise.Bar dips & shoulders:More coming later on today/tomorrow

Guest Terry

5'7, rah your shortAnyway doing much more carido now, 2miles in 19.30, which is good for me, as 3 weeks ago it was well in the 20'sGo every weekend now, looking to do a mile in about 8 mins

The three best times are:with breakfast, but I eat 6 eggs and a bowl of porridge oats for breakfast so it would be redundant.for a workout, and technically the optimum time to take on protein is 20 minutes before a workout, but that's just me being nit picky.or before bed so you fuel your muscle regeneration during the night.

How often should protein shakes be taken?iam hearing different things from different people
in reality it depends on your goals. you cant say to someone it shoudl be taken once or twice..as it depends on what they are working towards.. there's only enough hours in the day to space out protein intake to every 2 hours including your food which should be 60% of ur diet which can spread you taking protein shakes to up to 5 times a day for the avg person. but if ur new to training then 2 or 3 times is good so that you can get your food intake right first. so you will hear different things cos theres different goals, as well as different approaches to goals. i take mine 5times sometimes 6.. at 6am, breakfast.(10-11). mid lunch, 1hr- 45mins b4 workout, and post workout. then i might take some just b4 bed, but all in varied amounts gram wise so as to remain a 'supplement' not a replacement. ronnie that looks like a god gym, i know where it is, i might pass thru.. i wont be leaving gymbox though lol. but dont u live in north london? going all that way...rah

How often should protein shakes be taken?iam hearing different things from different people
in reality it depends on your goals. you cant say to someone it shoudl be taken once or twice..as it depends on what they are working towards.. there's only enough hours in the day to space out protein intake to every 2 hours including your food which should be 60% of ur diet which can spread you taking protein shakes to up to 5 times a day for the avg person. but if ur new to training then 2 or 3 times is good so that you can get your food intake right first. so you will hear different things cos theres different goals, as well as different approaches to goals. i take mine 5times sometimes 6.. at 6am, breakfast.(10-11). mid lunch, 1hr- 45mins b4 workout, and post workout. then i might take some just b4 bed, but all in varied amounts gram wise so as to remain a 'supplement' not a replacement. ronnie that looks like a god gym, i know where it is, i might pass thru.. i wont be leaving gymbox though lol. but dont u live in north london? going all that way...rah
lol i live between north west/west central. Virtually central. i can walk it to that gym in a good 20 minutes biggrin.gif