* Official GYM Thread *

Lofa

Guest Doughboi
Is there a way of getting hench without punishing yourself with protein shakes.
Lmao i feel ya man, them shakes make me feel sick.
lol, just man up man.its only protein shake, its not like someone's forcing you to inject yourself with steroids.In fact:untitled1copypb2.jpgis u biggrin.gif

I only just saw this thread. All you man going on about how you would have to force yourself to go gym or force yourself to eat, don't bother. You won't stick to a regime anyway. You won't get wedge. You might just about get in good shape. If you want to put on muscle mass, you have to look at eating the same as your lifting. It is part of your workout. You can't half heartedly do bench press and then wonder why your pecs aren't getting bigger. Same way you can't half heartedly change ur diet either. If you want to bulk up with good solid mass you need to be taking 6 meals a day with 4 large servings of protein. 1 protein shake counts as a meal. Stay away from eating processed sh*t as well. Processed carbs like white bread, white pasta and white sugar are all bad for your metabolism. They release the energy into your system very quickly which is completely useless to you. You end up storing it as fat, and that's the opposite of what you want to be doing. If you want to line up a decent diet to bulk up, go Supermarket and buy a bag of chicken breast fillets, buy shitloads of eggs, buy some wholemeal bread and lots of fresh organic fruit, green vegetables and nuts. In a day I usually eat 2 chicken breasts, 1 turkey breast, 6 eggs and 2 protein shakes, alongside whatever else I want to add to my meals to stop it being boring. Drink lots of water as well. For every fruit juice or fizzy drink you drink, you should be drinking twice that amount in water to balance it out in your system. And really you should try not to drink any fizzy drinks, they are full of chemicals which f*ck up your metabolism. Non diet full sugar drinks are basically like drinking poison if you want to be serious about your bod. And stay away from the chicken shop! Try eat as much grilled food as you can. Don't fry stuff. Oil is saturated fat, it will ruin your regime. You can cook chicken pretty easily under the grill. few minutes each side, line yourself up some boiled potatoes and a salad with it and that's you. Sorry for the long post, but that's pretty much what I do. You can always allow yourself a few treats like once a week if ur doing a lot of cardio, but try to keep them down as far as you can.

Guest Jack X Supreme
If i eat like sh*t (chips burgers and all that), but go gym so i manage to balance it out, would protein shakes make me fat? I don't even know what protein does to be honest
Depends on your metabolism but I wouldn't reccomend it.Protein builds and repairs muscle.

Does Nourishment even count as a protein shake, I can't even stand them. I find it hard to make each meal and even to wake up to go gym.
nurishment is crap. it does have some nutrients but more fraff than good. like it's got more carbs than protein, and contains Veg Oil!! taken as a sort of meal replacement is cool but def not as a protein shake. u dont need shakes to gain muscle, eat 4-5 good meals a day high in carbs and protein and vegetables.... train hard and heavy.if you want cheap protein thats also good quality then try Myprotein.co.uk they dont spend heavily on advertising and packaging so costs are kept down, but they sell good quality stuff.

Does Nourishment even count as a protein shake, I can't even stand them. I find it hard to make each meal and even to wake up to go gym.
nurishment is crap. it does have some nutrients but more fraff than good. like it's got more carbs than protein, and contains Veg Oil!! taken as a sort of meal replacement is cool but def not as a protein shake. u dont need shakes to gain muscle, eat 4-5 good meals a day high in carbs and protein and vegetables.... train hard and heavy.
Yeh I just eat alot of gari and pounded yam and spinach and beef and so on.This>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>_______________And f*ck milk, and all that protein shake nonsense, it's all fake.I'm lactose intolerant anyway lol

Guest Doughboi
I only just saw this thread. All you man going on about how you would have to force yourself to go gym or force yourself to eat, don't bother. You won't stick to a regime anyway. You won't get wedge. You might just about get in good shape. If you want to put on muscle mass, you have to look at eating the same as your lifting. It is part of your workout. You can't half heartedly do bench press and then wonder why your pecs aren't getting bigger. Same way you can't half heartedly change ur diet either. If you want to bulk up with good solid mass you need to be taking 6 meals a day with 4 large servings of protein. 1 protein shake counts as a meal. Stay away from eating processed sh*t as well. Processed carbs like white bread, white pasta and white sugar are all bad for your metabolism. They release the energy into your system very quickly which is completely useless to you. You end up storing it as fat, and that's the opposite of what you want to be doing. If you want to line up a decent diet to bulk up, go Supermarket and buy a bag of chicken breast fillets, buy shitloads of eggs, buy some wholemeal bread and lots of fresh organic fruit, green vegetables and nuts. In a day I usually eat 2 chicken breasts, 1 turkey breast, 6 eggs and 2 protein shakes, alongside whatever else I want to add to my meals to stop it being boring. Drink lots of water as well. For every fruit juice or fizzy drink you drink, you should be drinking twice that amount in water to balance it out in your system. And really you should try not to drink any fizzy drinks, they are full of chemicals which f*ck up your metabolism. Non diet full sugar drinks are basically like drinking poison if you want to be serious about your bod. And stay away from the chicken shop! Try eat as much grilled food as you can. Don't fry stuff. Oil is saturated fat, it will ruin your regime. You can cook chicken pretty easily under the grill. few minutes each side, line yourself up some boiled potatoes and a salad with it and that's you. Sorry for the long post, but that's pretty much what I do. You can always allow yourself a few treats like once a week if ur doing a lot of cardio, but try to keep them down as far as you can.
thats what i do

Guest Jack X Supreme

Oh. I always thought it was 6 small meals as if you eat a big meal your body can't take in all the nutrients.

That's not a big meal. Most of what is on that plate is water anyway. Lunch is my biggest meal of the day. Other meals are about 2/3 that size. Normally a piece of chicken/turkey/tuna with a side salad. I only eat a dessert at lunch as well. I never eat Carbs after 2pm.

That's not a big meal. Most of what is on that plate is water anyway. Lunch is my biggest meal of the day. Other meals are about 2/3 that size. Normally a piece of chicken/turkey/tuna with a side salad. I only eat a dessert at lunch as well. I never eat Carbs after 2pm.
lol.. are you training for BB contest this month or something??! 2pm is way to early in the day to cut off carbs. and then do u work out in the morning? cos if u workout in the eve..u need some carbs for replenishment innit. ive done no carbs after 4pm but that was just a build up to one event...and only lasted 3 weeks

Guest Doughboy

Depends where you get your food from still.TescosCostcutterYour local butcherSainsburiesAre all decent places to get your food with a fair price.

Who's gonna help me? I'm long. Been away from gym for ages and even when I went before I never took it serious enough but heres how it is...I got a few questions first. Weight Gainers (supplement) are they worth it? Protein supplements I intend on using, but what do majority feel is the best? (and at a decent price).Weight Gainer I'm thinking because I have a rapid metabolism. I'm 6'2 and I tend to hover around the 11 - 11 and a 1/2 stone mark. But I don't seem to gain weight too quick. I'm better at losing weight than gaining (I know, what a woman eh?). So that's why I'm thinking about Weight Gainers.My aim is to build a sufficient amount of mass - not grotesque like pro body builders - but enough so I can then begin to become cut.My diet - I think is poor, I eat 4 or 5 meals a day, depending on time and whether I feel up to it. But I don't think I have the enough nutrients required. I eat a lot of chicken, but quite a bit of it is fried which ain't good. I never used to eat fruit and veg too much but now I know I'm going to be on it, daily.Workouts - I just started back at the gym Thursday, so I'll start with the workout from then (so say Thurs = beginning of week)...Thursday - Chest and BicepsSaturday - Back and TricepsMonday - Shoulders and LegsWednesday - ??? <--- I don't know what I should do on a Weds (any recommendations? take it as rest?)I could go to the gym these days... Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday. What do you feel would be best? 3 times a week? 4 times a week?Exercises -Chest...Bench Press Flat (Free) - 3 sets x 10 repsIncline Bench Press (Free) - 3 Sets X 10 repsPec Flies (Machine) - 3 sets X 10 repsChest Press - 2 sets X 10 reps (If I feel I can push out a third set I would)Biceps...Barbell Curl - 3 Sets X 10 repsPreacher Curl - 3 Sets X 10 repsAlternat Dumbbel Bicep Curl - 3 Sets X 10 repsBack...I use all the machines the gym has (I struggle with free weight exercises for back, unsure of what to do).Triceps...Bench Dips - 3 Sets X 10 repsClose Grip Bench Press (Smith machine) 3 Set X 10 RepsDumbbell One Arm Tricep Extension - 3 X 10 Reps (On each arm)Standing Cable Rope Tricep Extension - 3 X 10 RepsLegs...I use all the machines. Going to attempt squats. More recommendations needed for free weight leg exercises.Shoulders...Barbell Shoulder Press (Or I'll use the Smith Machine to do the shoulder press if I am alone) - 3 X 10 RepsFront Dumbell Raises - 3 X 10 RepsLateral Raises - 3 X 10 RepsAny help is much appreciated.