Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Somalian

Computer Hardware Thread (Help Guide)

13 posts in this topic

Gonna start work in the new year to build my own Pc I know there are guides online but thought it would be good to make a topic in here

Well I am looking to buy this motherboard bundle good deal?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/4-4GHz-P8P67-M-Corsair-1600MHz-Overclocked/dp/B004TGN6RA/ref=sr_1_16?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1324257470&sr=1-16

for price comparisons check scan/overclockers uk they have good bundles aswell

As for the hardware itself ive got pretty much the same and its great so yeh do reccomend

Nah do not buy from Overclockers.co.uk. Used to be a forum member over there, not only is the forum full of racist cunts, but the owner Mark 'Spie' Proudfoot is a fucking racist c*nt. Do a Google and you will see. Prices are alright but you can get better deals buying from Dabs/Microdirect/Scan seperately.

Buy your memory from crucial.com/uk unless you want some badderman Corsair/Mushkin stuff.

What do you want the PC to be mainly for? Gaming/audio/video/media box?

Oh and buy a top quality PSU. Corsair are very good

Building a system for everything High end Gaming, make music, video editing, Blu Ray Burning, and runs at a fast speed Looking to spend just under a grand

Any good so is it a myth just to get any?

http://www.ebuyer.co...cmpsu-850txv2uk

^ Didn't know they made PSUs too, deep. Yeah definitely don't skimp on the PSU. I copped some budget gold plated Qtec 550w ting years ago and it blew up on me about 6 months after purchase. Was like 30 quid. One I have now cost about £70 and has lasted solidly getting run 24/7 (at times) for the like 2 years.

Building a system for everything High end Gaming, make music, video editing, Blu Ray Burning, and runs at a fast speed Looking to spend just under a grand

Any good so is it a myth just to get any?

http://www.ebuyer.co...cmpsu-850txv2uk

I'll spec you a PC. Gimme until tomorrow G. Reckon we'd have similar requirements.

Dont buy a cheap one. I have that same one but modular.

You dont need 850watt unless you want 2 gfx cards. 650-750 should be fine. But it gives room for future upgrades.

Alright G safe Appreciated

This is my lil hobby for 2012

Cool, ill spec u one on scan ina sec

/

28919912.jpg

Use that and the one Elementalism does and have a look for better prices etc and you should be good.

I think the mobo has bluetooth, mine does but its a different version, completely forgot about wireless card but they are not too expensive.

/

That bundle is cool still had a look and seems a decent price