Laptop > water > no sound

Rippy

Tried googling but can't quite find a solution

I spilt water on my laptop the other day. The laptop speakers still work but when I connect it to external speakers there is no sound.

Tbh, I'm sure I can find out easily what particular part of my laptop has been damaged but can anyone shed any light?

Also where is the best place to go for support? It's a dell laptop. When it crashed last year I took it took it to a few local repair shops but they were all charging extortionate prices for something I was able fix myself. Is there a place I can call or something?

I'm hoping it's a faulty component that I can buy on eBay and replace.

I'm stuck in a house with no Internet hence the lack of effort to look into it. Can't find answers online because the standard issue is normally the other way around where the laptop speakers don't work but external do.

Doubt it'll cost a tenner

I've taken my laptop apart before to change covers so I've lost warranty.

I pretty much just want to know what is f*cked without being charged

Assuming you have placed your laptop in a bowl of rice to dry it out or tried another drying technique and still to no avail then I'd just get a new motherboard from ebay for around £60-£70 as the audio jack board are incorporated onto the motherboard. That would sort your problem out, however if you can source a new audio jack board (which is highly unlikely) then you could solder on a new one.