HOUSE PRICE INCREASEMENT

lolguy4

From the looks of things, that's why I'm on moving to the States very soon...However, I heard their tax system over there is f*cked on a different level...
In many industries/professions you'll more to begin with than you would do here even after the conversion from $ to £, then take into account cheaper to live. It seems far more attractive than here.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the looks of things, that's why I'm on moving to the States very soon...However, I heard their tax system over there is f*cked on a different level...
you cant just 'move'.. you need certain skills that are in high demand, or through education (masters) or marriage. their tax system is still lighter than the uk, but you will begin to need health insurance. it will be the difference between paying $450 to get your tooth checked and $1000.

In many industries/professions you'll more to begin with than you would do here even after the conversion from $ to £, then take into account cheaper to live. It seems far more attractive than here.
And you get f*cking mansions for the same price you get a 3 bedroom waste yard here.

Gray are you on Proportional representation?
Not 100% sure, but I would probably veer that way.However, I also think there should be an overhaul to the way politics is done, generally.
agreed i dont think this party system works anymore we shud have national referendums on important issues insted and a more efficent bureaucratic govt systemps i know nothing
There is no party system.I already feel so dissolusioned and I've only had voting rights for 1 year.The amount of bureaucracy at the moment is a joke.I agree with complete overhauling because cracks are just being papered over.Do you really think people would actually go out and vote in refrenda?Most are just suggestive, not binding.People in this country are so apathetic.Its even worse in America.

And you get f*cking mansions for the same price you get a 3 bedroom waste yard here.
Which get knocked down by a gust of wind.American houses might as well be built out of plastic.

you cant just 'move'.. you need certain skills that are in high demand, or through education (masters) or marriage. their tax system is still lighter than the uk, but you will begin to need health insurance. it will be the difference between paying $450 to get your tooth checked and $1000.
Obviously I know you just can't pack your bags and go but I'm gonna be going uni over there and HOPEFULLY, I'll find employment out there too...You sure their tax system is lighter over there though? My bredrin was gassing and saying they go on grim with their taxes...

Which get knocked down by a gust of wind.American houses might as well be built out of plastic.
True...Houses are flimsy but well built ones are MUCH better

Seen.

politics will not change the prices of housing. london's financial power as a financial city accounts for 26% of the UK's total economy.. housing by investors, and the ever increasing demand is vital to that.. mess with it, and what has the country got to fall back on? ticket sales from buckingham palace?

Obviously I know you just can't pack your bags and go but I'm gonna be going uni over there and HOPEFULLY, I'll find employment out there too...
Which uni?I hope you're not one of those unfortunate dreamers...
Lol...I hope not...I got a few I'm looking at but Morehouse College & Howard are the main candidates...

Obviously I know you just can't pack your bags and go but I'm gonna be going uni over there and HOPEFULLY, I'll find employment out there too...
Lol...I hope not...I got a few I'm looking at but Morehouse College & Howard are the main candidates...
Aha, the "black" ones.Good luck with that, serious.

LolI sense sarcasm

LolI sense sarcasm
Nah serious.They are both (afaik) black orientated colleges. And I do seriously wish you luck.

LolI sense sarcasm
Nah serious.They are both (afaik) black orientated colleges. And I do seriously wish you luck.
Yeah, I knew Morehouse was a predominately Black college but with Howard, I genuinely thought it was a multi ethnic college....The tuition fees over there are [JME]SERIOUS[JME]

LolI sense sarcasm
Yeah, I knew Morehouse was a predominately Black college but with Howard, I genuinely thought it was a multi ethnic college....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_UniversityRead...like the second sentence...

LolI sense sarcasm
Yeah, I knew Morehouse was a predominately Black college but with Howard, I genuinely thought it was a multi ethnic college....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_UniversityRead...like the second sentence...
LolI know this NOWRead what I said, when I was FIRST looking at colleges in the D.C area, I genuinelly THOUGHT that it was a multi ethnic college.

Everyone's jumping on the "get a house" bandwagon. The housing market fluctuates anyway, so I ain't worried.
Yeah it fluctuates, ofcourse.But look at the trend of the uk housing market since 1999 prices have been increasing at high rates, year upon year and doesn't look to be stopping.So tell me when the downward trend is due to kick in.It ain't gonna happen, the London housing market especially has been irreparably skewed. We might see drops in the future but nothing sizeable enough to offset the increases thus far.
Salaries have also increased since 1999.The London housing market is different, I accept that. That's why Gordon Brown has got a new affordable housing plan, currently being finalised.The joke is, most of the people that complain, want houses so they can do what people like Goddaz do, and that's buy to let. It's people who do that that we should be blaming for the increase in house prices, not the government. Greedy individuals who want to line their own pocket at the expense of others.
YOU NEED PEOPLE LIKE SO YOU CAN POINT YOUR f*ckING FINGERS AND SAY 'THAT'S THE BAD GUY'I had to draw for the line lolI hear what your saying.The truth is this, no blame. 1. It's the goverment that lays the bed for everyone to sleep on. Its them that have created a market place for most ppl not to be able to afford housing. They make soooooooooooooo much money & eat off every one. ARE THEY RE-INVESTING to help ppl who can't afford it. HELL NO!!!2. Everyone has a choice, I made a few good ones & they didn't. You & I know MANY ppl in the UK/world are financially iliterate. 3. I'm far from greedy, I've given more than I've gained & because of that. It is one of the reasons I am where I am. I helping ppl when I let my property.4. This should have been number 1 but, it is HUMAN NATURE TO LOOK AFTER ONES SELF B4 OTHERS.
I know what you're saying, and I'm not saying that you are necessarily greedy. However, you don't NEED numerous properties to survive. It's greed by definition, and that's how I intended it. If I'd have said toooo greedy lol, then I woulda meant it in a harsh way.
But Gray, my business mind is telling me to capitalise on those unmotivated individuals that aren't aspiring to own properties.Sure it would be lining my pockets, but there are so many shallow individuals out there who aren't bothering, they way I see it, its their loss.And frankly, I'd rather have me as a landlord than some of the other ruthless pricks out there.It might be inherently greedy, but success is always like that.Whether you like it or not, you will inadvertadely step on or exploit someone to climb the ladder of success.Its whether you remember to look down at the people still climbing and give them a helping hand that counts.
Owning houses isn't inadvertently stepping on, or exploiting someone, though, is it?Anyway, ultimately, I shouldn't blame individuals for wanting to accrue wealth. If I was Gordon Brown, though, I'd create some sort of law which means that individuals cannot own more than three properties in London at any one time. Obviously it would be more sophisticated, but you get the idea.
I love for that to happen & its a good idead Gray.However, the rich will always find loopholes. The realms of the rich/super rich isn't the same for you or I.Did you know that tax was originally created & was exclusively targetted to at the rich?
Blood, it's not that the rich always find loopholes, it's that the government always GIVE them loopholes. They have to. Poor people don't vote lol. That's why I'm all for electoral and political reform in the UK.
AGREED!

LolI sense sarcasm
LolI know this NOWRead what I said, when I was FIRST looking at colleges in the D.C area, I genuinelly THOUGHT that it was a multi ethnic college.
But you didn't say that "when you FIRST looked". You just said that "you THOUGHT it was".

LolI sense sarcasm
But you didn't say that "when you FIRST looked". You just said that "you THOUGHT it was".
Fair enough

you're best bet is to go to US for masters. Laws have changed now, so unless you have serious connections or just get married..having an undergrad degree isnt much unless you're able to secure work b4 u graduate. once u graduate now you have to come back to your home country.you cant stay and seek work, you have your social security number given when at uni tagged to a national database to keep track of you...for masters, you are perceived to be highly skilled (depending on wht u study) so it is easier, and you have 12months to get a work sponsor at least b4 you're required to leave. obviously, there will be people who might still get away with this but the system is alot tighter now after 9/11. im going for masters..i might stay if i want.. but London will just be an investment as i hve pprty..not to live. do ur research 12months b4 u apply, the scholarships that are available if you have good grades, make the UK look stupid, but yo have to loooooooooooook. howard isnt a bad choice,

LolI sense sarcasm
LOLAre you talking about this sentence:''Howard University is the number one producer of African American Ph.D.s in the United States.''THE KILLER WORD IS 'producer' LMAO