Living Away From Home At Uni....

Realz.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is your first year then definately do it!I lived away for my first three years, my first year in halls.Almost everyone I met from living away.Positives:- Your own independent place- Come back anytime after raving- Dont have to rush in the morning to get to lectures (even though I never went to any morning ones anyway)- Dont have to worry bout bringing gash back- You'll be forced to meet alot more people (will work out better in the long run)Negatives:- Money, but this depends wether its catered or not, cos most goes on food.- Dirteeeeeeee people living with you.- People jacking your food, but any intelligent person dont put their food in the halls fridges.LOL, you might miss mummsy after like the first day, but you'll soon forget as soon as you make eye contact with the local slosh.Bless.

but dnt make the mistake of leavin dumb lil notes like sum1 i nocertain ppl pissed on all her cutlery
The last week of first year (when everyone was packing to go home) my flatmate broke into the flat next door stole everything from their kitchen and sh*t in their corridor.Disgusting.And they got the cleaning bill for it too.
Lol why did he do that.

goes any of you live in a shared house?
I do now and I am next year. It's better than halls for work and for keeping clean and tidy. If you live in halls in your first year, suss out who the clean people are coz if you just pick your friends you will probably end up with a dirty house in your next few years.

LOL first year halls was heavyKinda looking forward to the house now tho, I hate living at home, Im thinking of just not actually coming back after september
deep.....whats so bad about home?you dont come from a African home do you?
LOL alieWhat uni were you in before? Will you be repeating your first year?
my old uni: no comment...... i just woke up one day and realised, what the hell, i cant get a degree at this uni, i needs to change!!.....so i went about researching for a good while and Nottingham Trent was kind enough to let me directly into their second year...but it'll be a re-do because i have just completed my 2nd year at the uni i'm transferring from...it'll be a sandwich course at Nottingham Trent, so bwoy, experience is me...

I discovered I like my independence, living on my own terms for time then having to follow strict rules is not the one.lol and Half a african home still.
lucky it aint full...that explains it still....you either come from a african home or an asian home if your talking about not wanting to return....

Whilst on the subject, weren't someone from where going to UCLAN this year?I'm moving on he 15th of sept to this place boy.Not gon lie, rather anxious to say the least... I feel you Realz.
UCLAN?you dont mean UCL......?so where you moving to Carlos?....thought you were at Uni already....