Tryin to record a little set on Soundforge

Apache

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really After that it shouldnt peak.I dont kno about soundforge to tuff though.... you obviouslly got the decks going thru a mixer right?**unless ur doing it on virtual dj thing**same way... bring down da volume on those and da master and ur recording level...... basically the program your recording on should have its own mixer.... i know it does in cubase... and not the channel ur actually recording on but there should be a level for ur input... turn it down *if u find it* to around -6db

When I turn the channel down on the mixer it records fine, obviously, but turn it back up and it's f*cked.It's something f*cking obvious but I just can't think what.
record when its turnt down the normalize it?
But I can't mix like that, the master volume makes no difference turned down, only when the channels are reduced does it change and sound ok, if you get me.

I've done this now, just listened back on it and it's a decent little mix with tunes such as Attica Blues, DEA - So Confused, Wookie beats in there, X men, PSeudo - Heartbeat, some big tunes.Now I've saved it as WAV, but the file is hench... 54.mb?! What should I save this as in Sound Forge.