fao computer smarties - Router question

zak

i've got a desktop wired to my netgear wireless router.i've got another desktop upstairs. i've got a spare wireless router (a sitecom one). what i wanna do, is basically use my spare router as a way of connecting to my downstairs router which is connected to the internet. is it possible? and can someone get me a link to a tutorial if poss. safee

i've got a desktop wired to my netgear wireless router.i've got another desktop upstairs. i've got a spare wireless router (a sitecom one). what i wanna do, is basically use my spare router as a way of connecting to my downstairs router which is connected to the internet. is it possible? and can someone get me a link to a tutorial if poss. safee
Unless if one of the routers supports "wireless bridging" and Wireless Distribution System (WDS) repeating then don't even bother yourself.Just pick up a cheap USB Wireless adaptor.

No you can't.Surely that's not possibleWhat would be the benefits of this?
He's basically wanting to share his connection....But instead of getting a Wireless Card or Wiring the connection..He wants to connect his 2nd router to his main router where the net is coming from. Which will then serve that connection to whatever PC's are connected to it.Watch out for the "Swiftie Technology" company coming near you...

i've ordered a wireless adapter but its taking ages to come!! just getting impatient innit. but seen safe. do both of the routers have to have the wireless bridging sh*t?
Best thing to do is go into the router admin interface(open a browser and type the IP of the router) for the router you want to use upstairs. In the setup pages you should find a place to set the router as a Gateway, or as an Access Point. If you don't see those options then you won't be able to use it in the way you want.