Long term relationships

Treacle

Those of you in relationships of 3 years or more, have you been with your current partner because you plan to stay with them for a much longer period, or is it that you've fallen into a comfortable pattern/existence and have accidentally ended up in a long term relationship? What happens if you're with them for another 3 or more years and it just doesn't work out? How will you feel about ending such a long relationship? Waste of time of time or valuable life experience?How do you know if the person you're with is even the right person for you? What if you meet someone further down the line, and they are for you than your current partner, do you stay with your current partner due to loyalty, and out of respect for the support they have given you to become the person you are, or do you go for the person who is better suited to you?Is it so bad to stay with someone, whilst in wait for the right person?So many questions! I'm basically evaluating a situation, and need external ideas and views on this particular issue to make some informed decisions because this type of thing isn't really my strong point.Anyway, any views/input is appreciated.Ta.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you in relationships of 3 years or more, have you been with your current partner because you plan to stay with them for a much longer period, or is it that you've fallen into a comfortable pattern/existence and have accidentally ended up in a long term relationship? What happens if you're with them for another 3 or more years and it just doesn't work out? How will you feel about ending such a long relationship? Waste of time of time or valuable life experience?How do you know if the person you're with is even the right person for you? What if you meet someone further down the line, and they are for you than your current partner, do you stay with your current partner due to loyalty, and out of respect for the support they have given you to become the person you are, or do you go for the person who is better suited to you?Is it so bad to stay with someone, whilst in wait for the right person?So many questions! I'm basically evaluating a situation, and need external ideas and views on this particular issue to make some informed decisions because this type of thing isn't really my strong point.Anyway, any views/input is appreciated.Ta.
I plan to stay with her for life.Yes it is wrong if they dont know where they stand.

One of your bredrins has been planting seeds of discontent in your ear innit?Women chat so much sh*t at times I swear. I know one of your bredrins f*cked up in some way, so now she is trying to paint a rosy picture, and by doing that you are now re-evaluating your situation, and could break a good guy's heart.You WILL burn in hell for this you know that right?

im convinced SOME relationships are realfrom heretoney and titanothers im convinced they are just together and both people are doormat material.i can tell toney and titan is solid BECAUSE they know the levels in LIFE and they aint as deluded as some and if i was to display my views as them not being real relationships both the girl and them would tell me SHUT UPother people now boybe one of them tings they would say "boy im gonna miss my train laters"or they will just be silent.

I plan to stay with her for life.Yes it is wrong if they dont know where they stand.
Why do you plan to stay with her for life Toney? What is it about her that you are so content with? What if a better version of her comes along in 5 years time??

I know bare people r subconciously with their partners but open to a better alternativeholdtite everyone with the sly upgrade mentality in relationshipsme personally i will not even entertain havin a female as my girlfriend if i dont see a real futurelong wastin my time n their time
Exactly what I saw to people. There's no point getting into a relationship if you don't see a feasible future together. Also what I say to people that cheat.

One of your bredrins has been planting seeds of discontent in your ear innit?Women chat so much sh*t at times I swear. I know one of your bredrins f*cked up in some way, so now she is trying to paint a rosy picture, and by doing that you are now re-evaluating your situation, and could break a good guy's heart.You WILL burn in hell for this you know that right?
Seeds of discontent about what? My situation or theirs?? Also to the painting a rosy pic comment, of my situation or theirs?

Why do you plan to stay with her for life Toney? What is it about her that you are so content with? What if a better version of her comes along in 5 years time??
This is the problem with some girls. They will be in a happy relationship, and then their bredrin or someone they heard about will come waffling about how all men are dogs, and he will cheat on you, and the rest of that mumbo jumbo, and then because your self-esteem isn't high enough, you start to believe what they are saying because it is pumped into your ear that much.

I know bare people r subconciously with their partners but open to a better alternativeholdtite everyone with the sly upgrade mentality in relationshipsme personally i will not even entertain havin a female as my girlfriend if i dont see a real futurelong wastin my time n their time
Chhheeeaaaaa!!!!

Seeds of discontent about what? My situation or theirs?? Also to the painting a rosy pic comment, of my situation or theirs?
I was under the assumption you were in a long relationship, and were now having doubts. I believe this can happen because other girls can talk frath about their f*ck ups but try and apply it to all men. When I said rosy picture, I meant as in the girl pumping sh*t in yoru ear will tell you about how HE f*cked up in the relationship, but NOT how SHE did, which may in turn have led to him acting in a certain way. This is the exact reason I don't give advice on relationships, because I'm only getting one view on sh*t, and you never know if someone is giving you the whole truth.

She has everything I look for in a woman, most of all she is decent, not argumentative and hard working, her ways remind me of my mother.In 5 years time I will be 30, that "better" version wont have known me since I was 20 or known my grandma who passed away (which means alot to me) or have helped to make me to have got as far as I have or seen it with me.Wouldnt be a better version at all + the grass isnt always greener.Ive seen MANY people make this mistake and ALL have regretted it.I remember Jermaine Defoe's ex girl had a man for 5 years, she dumped him for Defoe.Then Defoe dumped her for Danielle Lloyd lmao.

well if girls are puttin their relationship on a dog track with other relationships its bout finding out if ya girl is bang on the show off tip if she is ALLOW IT.its okay for them to WANT to show you off a bit but its about knowing if thats her main objective its not as easy as it looks cos girls say sincere things by default to sound like they aint shallow.

This is the problem with some girls. They will be in a happy relationship, and then their bredrin or someone they heard about will come waffling about how all men are dogs, and he will cheat on you, and the rest of that mumbo jumbo, and then because your self-esteem isn't high enough, you start to believe what they are saying because it is pumped into your ear that much.
My reasons for making this topic/having these questions aren't so fickle.

me personally i will not even entertain havin a female as my girlfriend if i dont see a real futurelong wastin my time n their time
Someone give this guy NoB status.
Too many people wasting theirs and more importantly OTHER PEOPLES time.
And let this be a commandment from this day forward..mlkpreachjy5.jpg