Arsenal v AC Milan, Champions League Round 2 Leg 1, Wednesday Feb 20th, KO 7.45pm on Sky Sports 2

TF/S4DK

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilberto makes the bench so you know what that means.Arsenal: Lehmann, Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Eboue, Flamini, Fabregas, Hleb, Adebayor, Eduardo. Subs: Fabianski, Senderos, Denilson, Silva, Bendtner, Justin Hoyte, Walcott.AC Milan: Kalac, Oddo, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Alexandre Pato. Subs: Fiori, Emerson, Inzaghi, Gilardino, Jankulovski, Bonera, Brocchi.

Good first half, got better as the half went on. Couple times when we could've done better in the attack 1) the Adebayor pass to Fabregas had too much weight on it, the idea was spot on. 2) The Flamini shot from the Eboue run and cut back, could've put abit more into it but can't complain we have kept them out which is good just up it in the 2nd half and grab a goal.Liking the Adebayor v Nesta battle.Fabregas has had a very good first half, shame about Kolo though.

Arsene WengerOn his view of the game..."Well, the thoughts are that we played the game we wanted to play and overall we were playing at a high tempo for ninety minutes, we have given a lot. The positives is that we have put them under pressure for nearly a big part in the game, and for the whole forty-five minutes in the second half, and that we didn't concede a goal."On spurned chances..."I felt that we didn't take advantage of the chances we created because we were a bit forceful, you know, a bit nervous in the final third, with our final ball in our finishing situations. As well Milan defended with a lot of experience, and they adapted to the situation, thinking 'tonight we will be under pressure and we will have to defend well' - and that is what they did. I feel we had plenty of chances, good headers, Eboue had chances, but overall we were a bit nervous and when we had shots we always didn't test enough the keeper, because most of our shots were in the middle of the goal where the keeper had not a real problem, maybe because we wanted to hit it too hard. But overall we played a fantastic game. It's a shame that a game like that doesn't get a goal, because on a night where everything goes for you I think it finishes 3-2."On the response to Saturday's FA Cup defeat..."The spirit was fantastic, you could see that on Saturday the mind was already on this game tonight and we were not affected, we were just wanted maybe... [to] force the decision too much, and we were not relaxed enough in the final third."On the second leg..."That promises a very interesting game in the second leg, unfortunately we cannot transfer our pitch to the San Siro, so the pitch will certainly not be of the quality we had tonight. I hope the game will not suffer from it so much. Because I feel we can play at a high tempo for ninety minutes, because I feel that they will have to come out anyway in the second leg, and as well because tonight they didn't create any chances and defensively we were very good."On the injury to Kolo Toure..."A calf injury that rules him out for, from what I've seen after the game, for three or four weeks at least. It was a bad movement, a consequence of the African Nations Cup, too much heat in the calf!"On feeling positve about the return tie..."Yes, because overall with the experience I have I can say that nil-nil at home is not a bad result, of course I didn't dream of a nil-nil frankly, but overall not to concede a goal is not a bad result at home. "

Arsenal dominated last night. The only thing was our finishing, reminded me of last season when we would try and be to intricate. Also Hleb needs to start shooting i swear and fabsys shots were looking weak. Adebayor was unlucky near the end should have buried that header, but he was a constant threat all night, you could see that AC couldnt handle him.

Im confident we can score over therefrom when were opening up a Milan team with 10 men behind the ball, we can find opportunities on the counter when their bringing the game too us.Im hoping Nesta doesn't play cause when he went off we had our best spellFlatusso was immense, we'll need another performance like that in two weeks.Senderos done well, needs to keep it up in Toures absence (Phillip Senderos Laaa la la la la)All the shots we had were weak, all straight at the keeper, they looked like their were moving in slow motion, Need to improve on that.Hopefully Rosicky is ready to start & RVP is ready for the bench by then.

I thought we played well.I think we can still beat them maybe not outright but if we get a 1-1 the away goal will do.Finishing was slackin last night. Hleb needs to learn to put some crosses in or at least shoot instead of keep tryna run it in to the box. Same as eboue.Overall the team impressed me considerin what the weekends antics was like. I should really eat my words, everytime i berate him he always does well. So i gotta praise Senderos, i think he played brilliantly and made some great tackles. Lehman also made a few gd saves! Shame i aint here to watch the 2nd leg, hopefully they will show it on the otherside of the atlantic!

what a game last night great entertainmentmy brother was chatting to van persie last night at the match and he was telling him he will be ready to play from next week coz there was certain times in that match where i was thinking we needed van persie in certain situations