who made the big bang go off??

NORA BATTY

You religious people piss me off. If your gonna go out on a limb and claim theres a 'god' the burden of proof is on YOU. You prove to others theres a 'god', then we may entertain your irrational idiology, until then, your chatting sh*t.
I can feel the hate in your words, if you don't like it ignore it.I dunno why aetheists go on like they're the smartest people in the world.
biggrin.gif We come on a 'I dont know and I dont care' humble tip.Its the religious people who are always trying to educate and open peoples eyes. Religious people are the ones claiming to have knowledge that others lack, not the other way around lol.
Exactly.Look at the first post for example.Atheists/Agnostics are open minded, people who are religious, by the very nature of beign relgious, often are not.
Nah not really, judging from experience alone, if a non-believer was to say that a person of a faith would ask a genuine why, vice versa if a person said they were religious an atheist would do one of them sarcastic snorts and spout some drivel they picked up from History Channel.Some religious people go overboard fair enough but 'llow them scathing generalisations when aetheists for the most part are even more self-righteous and pretentious than most believers.
I wont point out the irony.Yes the last part of my post was hypocritical fair enough.I was wrong to say they are open minded, I meant to say are more likely to be.AS IN they are aware that they do not know what is going on, so are open to other things.Other than just saying it is one thing and thats it.You ever consider that someone has to be pretty open minded to even believe some of the larger than life stories in for instance, The Bible, in the first place?Atheism/Agnostic is not a religion, they merely make up the remainder of the people who have not declared a stance on God really.
Generally no, because doing that normally means closing your mind to all other avenues of thought. So I dont see how you can do both.It may be different with you, but most people have religion taught to them how we are taught to speak, and it is never really their choice wheather to beleive or not.By the time they get to the age where they can choose, it has been drilled into them so much that they couldnt imagine anything different.I thikn it is best to let people discover on their own.If everything about religion is true, then A bond between someone & God is spiritual, and cannot/should not be taught/pressured, but will be felt when the time is right.
I agree with most of that yeah, religion was drilled into me from an early age but when I actually grew a mind of my own and everything I did start to question, I'm unsure of my stance on Christianity, The Bible and alot of stuff, but I do believe that God exists, and hopefully that's enough for him.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You religious people piss me off. If your gonna go out on a limb and claim theres a 'god' the burden of proof is on YOU. You prove to others theres a 'god', then we may entertain your irrational idiology, until then, your chatting sh*t.
I can feel the hate in your words, if you don't like it ignore it.I dunno why aetheists go on like they're the smartest people in the world.
biggrin.gif We come on a 'I dont know and I dont care' humble tip.Its the religious people who are always trying to educate and open peoples eyes. Religious people are the ones claiming to have knowledge that others lack, not the other way around lol.
Exactly.Look at the first post for example.Atheists/Agnostics are open minded, people who are religious, by the very nature of beign relgious, often are not.
Nah not really, judging from experience alone, if a non-believer was to say that a person of a faith would ask a genuine why, vice versa if a person said they were religious an atheist would do one of them sarcastic snorts and spout some drivel they picked up from History Channel.Some religious people go overboard fair enough but 'llow them scathing generalisations when aetheists for the most part are even more self-righteous and pretentious than most believers.
I wont point out the irony.Yes the last part of my post was hypocritical fair enough.I was wrong to say they are open minded, I meant to say are more likely to be.AS IN they are aware that they do not know what is going on, so are open to other things.Other than just saying it is one thing and thats it.You ever consider that someone has to be pretty open minded to even believe some of the larger than life stories in for instance, The Bible, in the first place?Atheism/Agnostic is not a religion, they merely make up the remainder of the people who have not declared a stance on God really.
Generally no, because doing that normally means closing your mind to all other avenues of thought. So I dont see how you can do both.It may be different with you, but most people have religion taught to them how we are taught to speak, and it is never really their choice wheather to beleive or not.By the time they get to the age where they can choose, it has been drilled into them so much that they couldnt imagine anything different.I thikn it is best to let people discover on their own.If everything about religion is true, then A bond between someone & God is spiritual, and cannot/should not be taught/pressured, but will be felt when the time is right.
I agree with most of that yeah, religion was drilled into me from an early age but when I actually grew a mind of my own and everything I did start to question, I'm unsure of my stance on Christianity, The Bible and alot of stuff, but I do believe that God exists, and hopefully that's enough for him.
Honestly then, as long as you beleive that & you are happy with it then its cool.I aint here to rob anybody of their faith.

Well this is all long but what I always say is that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.Simply because you don't have evidence that something does exist does not mean you have evidence that something doesn't exist.Basically what I'm saying is that there are known knowns and that there are known unknowns but there are also unknown unknowns. Things we don't know that we don't know.

Well this is all long but what I always say is that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.Simply because you don't have evidence that something does exist does not mean you have evidence that something doesn't exist.Basically what I'm saying is that there are known knowns and that there are known unknowns but there are also unknown unknowns. Things we don't know that we don't know.
So basically what you mean is....Boondocks 4twI've used that absence of evidence logic bare times and got away with it, actual Godsend.

People here will not be able to answer Why God this, or Why God that, simply because they cannot.People often make the mistake of expecting an answer from the "minions" so to speak.Those who follow do not have the answers, those who lead do.In this case "Those who lead" would be God.So, no answers for you.
lol. im not actually expecting someone to come like they jam wit jesus and can give me definitive answers!jus wanted mor peoples opinions...for the religious they may very well have an (christian) anwer to the question i saidand also u presume too much, u judge and underestimate people on this forum which is really annoying as u cut down others thoughts and in fact make dem less likely to wanna air their thoughts.their are many intelligent individuals here (including yourself) it just seems somtimes u think your the only one

So basically what you mean is....Boondocks 4twI've used that absence of evidence logic bare times and got away with it, actual Godsend.
no idea what you talkin about but i will research this ''boondocks'' you speak of.is it a comic book?

Religion = Looking for 'answers' through blind faith
its not blind faith it is faith + revelation
Another word I think you need to look up the meaning of.
That is completely true, but for the purpose of "disproving God" I thik what I said was relevant.

no idea what you talkin about but i will research this ''boondocks'' you speak of.is it a comic book?
You know what it is nigga.

im the same as u. however according to the bible we both goin to hell unless we convert 100 per cent!that is y i believe that christianity is somwhat based on fear of god and hell rather than wanting to worship.i also find an eternity in hell is a extreem punishment for being indicisive!!!

You know what it is nigga.
just watched an episode, this is sick.safe for recomending it bro. i owe you one.

People here will not be able to answer Why God this, or Why God that, simply because they cannot.People often make the mistake of expecting an answer from the "minions" so to speak.Those who follow do not have the answers, those who lead do.In this case "Those who lead" would be God.So, no answers for you.
lol. im not actually expecting someone to come like they jam wit jesus and can give me definitive answers!jus wanted mor peoples opinions...for the religious they may very well have an (christian) anwer to the question i saidand also u presume too much, u judge and underestimate people on this forum which is really annoying as u cut down others thoughts and in fact make dem less likely to wanna air their thoughts.their are many intelligent individuals here (including yourself) it just seems somtimes u think your the only one
I am. End Of.Of course, Im joking.THe "No answers for you" thing was just a joke, I am not trying to cut anyone down, I dont thikn I've been too aggresive in the way I've said things.I've just spoken in a very matter-of-fact way I think.I wouldnt think that I presume or am judgemental though.But, your comment is noted as I must come across that way or you wouldn't have said it.

im the same as u. however according to the bible we both goin to hell unless we convert 100 per cent!that is y i believe that christianity is somwhat based on fear of god and hell rather than wanting to worship.i also find an eternity in hell is a extreem punishment for being indicisive!!!
God is abit raggo sometimes =/I was talking about this as well, bare evangelists convert people with the hell fire and brimstone talk rather than the merciful unconditional always there for you God. Scare tactics I say. biggrin.gif @ Eric.

who made the big bang go offnobodyhow it happend is a question we will never know thres millions of ways an explosion of that scale could of a happend
lol that was a funny contradiction. you did mean that right ?
the big bang wasnt done by a somebodybut theres is a huge amount of ways that a explosion of that scale could happen naturally

God is abit raggo sometimes =/I was talking about this as well, bare evangelists convert people with the hell fire and brimstone talk rather than the merciful unconditional always there for you God. Scare tactics I say. biggrin.gif @ Eric.
just cos a muslim tries to do terrorism it doesnt mean all muslims are like that and it doesnt mean it is a fair representation of the muslim faith. So just cos you talk to some people who happen to be christians, dont think that is a fair representation of the christian faith.and just because you have been to church dont judge them. Even amongst christians opinions vary, and interpretations vary and that is the same for science. Not all scientists are in favour of string theory in fact many are against it!

just cos a muslim tries to do terrorism it doesnt mean all muslims are like that and it doesnt mean it is a fair representation of the muslim faith. So just cos you talk to some people who happen to be christians, dont think that is a fair representation of the christian faith.and just because you have been to church dont judge them. Even amongst christians opinions vary, and interpretations vary and that is the same for science. Not all scientists are in favour of string theory in fact many are against it!
Exactly, I've said that a number of times.There are many theories about how the universe was started & that will continue to be so.As I said, science is the PURSUIT of knowledge, not the acceptance of one idea as Gospel.Out of interest, how old are you Nora?

just cos a muslim tries to do terrorism it doesnt mean all muslims are like that and it doesnt mean it is a fair representation of the muslim faith. So just cos you talk to some people who happen to be christians, dont think that is a fair representation of the christian faith.I didn't say it was, I just said bare evangelists do it :Dand just because you have been to church dont judge them. Even amongst christians opinions vary, and interpretations vary and that is the same for science. Not all scientists are in favour of string theory in fact many are against it!See above :D