Miralem Pjanic

Guest ShabbzE3

Guest ShabbzE3
le-cauchemar-messin_actus.jpgNorthLondonPride was the first to report that a few weeks back we was close to signing Miralem Pjanic, It all seems to be coming out now after a recent interview with Metz manager Joel Muller by Setanta Sports.Muller has agreed to speak about the 17-year-old, who is shining in Ligue 1 and who has been linked to The Gunners in the last few weeks.“He is one of the rare young talents that show you in a minute that he is going to have a great career,” Muller told setantasports.com.“As we are going to be relegated we have no choice and have to sell our jewel to earn money. I think that a team like Arsenal would help him to continue his education, with a coach-educator like Arsene Wenger and regarding the football they play, it would definitely be a good option.“We helped Robert Pires and Adebayor to become great players, so Pjanic could go the same way. His talent needs to be brought out slowly.“His technique is amazing; he reads the game and knows what is going to happen before everybody. He can play with his left foot, with his right foot and always creates the best situations.“He anticipates and is a great passer. He can be a playmaker behind two strikers. I know that Arsenal don’t play with a playmaker, but Miralem can be used on the wing as well.“His weak point is his lack of physical strength, but it will improve with time. The Italian league is not made for him, but I think that the English one is.”The former Metz coach highlighted the midfielder’s strength of character by recalling an incident in the league.“Our own fans behind the goal encouraged the opposite goalkeeper when Pjanic was about to take a penalty for us,” he said.“He scored it, then had to do it again because there was a player in the box, and then went directly to make fun of the fans in front of them in the stands! That proves the winner and competitor he is.”Muller was then asked to compare Pjanic to the player he resembles the most.“It is difficult to compare him to another player to be honest,” Muller said. “I think we should wait for one or two years before doing it, but I deeply believe that he will have his own style.“His football is very original. He loves to play facing the goal, not with his back to it, like Michel Platini did. He has not got Johan Cruyff’s strength, and it is too early to compare him to Zinedine Zidane.“I expect him to create his own name.”Muller is of course proud of Metz’s Academy, and he said: “We took him from Luxemburg, where we have great links and relations. He had to go there because of the war in Yugoslavia. His daddy was a professional player there.“We expected him to play for the reserves but our sporting situation and bad summer recruitment rushed us to play him and he imposed himself.“If his agents and himself take the right decision, he could have a superb European career. I think that he wants to carry on playing in the top flight. But maybe a team like Arsenal could sign him and loan him back to us for a year. It would be great for us.”www.northlondonpride.wordpress.com