Career Or Love?

Guest Mickey Kane

Guest Mickey Kane

One thing that pisses me off a lil' when I'm talking/listening to some girls/women out there and kinda saddens me a lil', is when we're talking what we're looking to achieve in the future and our current relationship status, and I'll ask them why they haven't got a boyfried for whatever reason, and they'll say some ol' sh*t like...'I'm tryna concentrate on uni/my career''Now at first, I was taking it as just...''Well, I can't find a man right now and I might aswell take some time to focus on something other than my failed relationships''But with certain things happening to me right now, progression-wise, I've asked myself, would I compromise my progression for a girl? I mean, not some ordinary ting obviously but I'm talking proper 'significant other' material.Now, before anyone says, ''If she's that good then you'd work something out' but we all know in life, it isn't that simple.On one hand, we have women who've worked tremendously hard to get those high-flying corporate jobs but now find themselves complaining about the lack of marriage material for men in their age range. This isn't really the case for men, because I could be 40 but I could draw some young 20-something, it's nothing.On the OTHER hand, you get with that person, but you don';t progress at the pace you wanted and that could be down to a variety of things i.e. holding down a steady job for bills, mortgage or maybe because you've had kids now...Talk on it...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remy Lebeau
i dunno what your asking tbh
You're just being difficult you c*nt, lol...
:D seriouslyyou said career or love?then u went off on a rantim just baffled really

Guest Mickey Kane
Dream job or dream girl.. Would have been a better question, I think.
It would be nicer but I'ma realist and 85-90% will find neither their dream job or dream partner...And I'm sure everyone will more or less get what I'm saying...

Welllll,Im well on my way to getting where I want to get career wise.However,I intend to move from this country in the next 12 months...so it would be pointless me embarking on a serious long term relationship...unless she was willing to come with me.Even then, having a partner slows you down - it doesn't matter what people try and tell you, but its the truth. You will compromise, procrastinate on certain things, and not achieve what you want to as fast...The first time I was with someone I really cared about, I achieved virtually nothing in the space of a year or so - I learnt from it, and the next time I met someone, I did my own thing, kept my space, and worked solidly - but I still had to make time for them. And time is money etc...I achieved a lot more, but not as much as I could have if I were on my own, with no strings holding me back, or other factors to consider when I was making decisions.I've realised that Im not the sort of person who would be ideal to be settling down with right now, or even considering something serious.I think you need to be stable, and have sorted yourself out, before you get involved with someone with a realistic idea of staying with them for the long term.Thats the short answer anyway...

Guest Mickey Kane
You’re asking us to choose? I would love to answer career but I haven’t even got a job so love I guess.
I'm asking people to talk about it, simple as...Does it matter if you have a job or not though, to talk about it?

I'd choose my career. Love is going nowhereNo relationship is guaranteed to last the distance. I've seen quite a few of my friends go thru mad break ups from their long-term relationships and it's f*cked them up.Boi each to their own. I'd much rather focus on myself and my life, career e.t.c rather than some chick

Guest Mickey Kane
i dont think i could be with a corporate typei find them dead insidetheyve all sold their souls for there job
LMFAO...I dunno, maybe it's the caveman mentality I have but I'm not attracted to them overly career-focused women. sh*t is a turn-off...Saying that, I can be a walking contradiction and a woman DOES have to have something about her and not radiate gold-digger qualities but I need to find a woman who will fall back nicely and know her role once sh*t gets serious...

Guest Mickey Kane
Yes but just because you’re in a relationship doesn’t mean you’re “in love”
Stop being such a woman and don't focus on the word 'love' too much.

Dont you find it hard to believe in Love if you've never experienced it?
Are you taking the piss?I’ve experienced love and I think I would have given up my whole family, all my money EVERTHING to be with him if that was the case.

Guest Remy Lebeau

cant deal with a female who is career obsessedthem ones who would give everything for their dream jobf*ck em...f*ck em in their arsecant be trustedi always look at these high powered couples and take pity their lives are all about their jobs and making money...empty peoplei reckon ppl who work to pay a bill have more of a relationship tbhthey tend to realise that theres more to life than a job and money (in my experience)

Dont you find it hard to believe in Love if you've never experienced it?
Are you taking the piss?I’ve experienced love and I think I would have given up my whole family, all my money EVERTHING to be with him if that was the case.
FFSCome off the f*ck*ng attitude, it was a simple question.If you had experienced love, would that not have lasted?Would you not be in a lasting relationship now?Would you not be happy with the guy now?What the f*ck separates what you "HAD" from any other normal relationship?If it was LOVE as you said it was, it would not have faltered.

Again what gives you the right to think that it wasn’t love?And future more what you said about “if it was love it would have lasted” is absolute bullshit, are you that demented to actually believe that.Thousands of people have BEEN in love and not with that person now. You need to seriously think about that before quoting me again.

LOLDo I honestly come across as the type of person who believes Love conquers all?LOLSeeeen.Let me break it down.Immaculate said he'd seen too many relationships falter amongst his friends, which is therefore why he wouldnt put love above his career.You then saidYes but just because you’re in a relationship doesn’t mean you’re “in love”Which implied that had they actually have been in love, the relationship wouldnt have failed.

I think I would have given up my whole family, all my money EVERTHING to be with him if that was the case.
And Im the demented one yeah?Settle down.

Career or love was the question.I was just commenting on immaculate who said he would choose work over a relationship, that wasn’t the question. And for the last bit you have most likely never been in love and been in the most intense relationship you could imagine, so blah you can’t really call me demented for being in love now.

I'd choose my career. Love is going nowhereNo relationship is guaranteed to last the distance. I've seen quite a few of my friends go thru mad break ups from their long-term relationships and it's f*cked them up.Boi each to their own. I'd much rather focus on myself and my life, career e.t.c rather than some chick
Basically