Does anyone have the 'Yellow Dog Linux' operating system for PS3

slickesrickes

no problem with it, is sanctioned and promoted by SCEEI just don't see the point. Ps3 does enough of what I want it to do already.If I wanna use microsoft office or pdf's and ting I'll use my pcI don't play roms and dem ting der so its kinda pointless for meMaybe in the future it may become useful to me but for now i'm cool without another operating systemp.s.slickesftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/yellowdog/is...0061208-PS3.iso

hmmm i dunno , i need to ask someone that has vlc on thier linux ps3i dont think video's need the gpu , mostly cpu is used i think (tried watching 720p video on an outdated pentium 4 gaming rig , very stuttery)but yeah , VLC on PS3 is quite a good use for it.

I would like an all round solution for media centre stuff still and not have to wait till Sony finally get it on the console.XBMC (Xbox Media Centre) on the Xbox is great example. I still rock the Xbox in my bedroom for all my podcast/youtube/mkv/divx/internet radio/dvd/audio cd on my sound surround/bitorrent/msn when watching movie and cba to turn on pc and etc , and yes it displays a 720p video's and 1080i shizzle , (the gfx card ain't ancient)All in all , XBMC attached to your bedroom tv >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>_____________________

Guest David Braund
I would like an all round solution for media centre stuff still and not have to wait till Sony finally get it on the console.XBMC (Xbox Media Centre) on the Xbox is great example. I still rock the Xbox in my bedroom for all my podcast/youtube/mkv/divx/internet radio/dvd/audio cd on my sound surround/bitorrent/msn when watching movie and cba to turn on pc and etc , and yes it displays a 720p video's and 1080i shizzle , (the gfx card ain't ancient)All in all , XBMC attached to your bedroom tv >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>_____________________
i recommend LinuxMCEif ur really advanced it can even handle home automation and telephone sh*t, u can connect ur cable/satellite to it etcand works on basically any x86 hardware, depending on features u need obv, the higher the spec the more it can handle

i recommend LinuxMCEif ur really advanced it can even handle home automation and telephone sh*t, u can connect ur cable/satellite to it etcand works on basically any x86 hardware, depending on features u need obv, the higher the spec the more it can handle
il look into it