Monitor Stands

Platinum50

I got a small desk, monitors wont fit on them. Should I make somebootleg ting somehow or just get monitor stands?Will it affect the frequencies n that?
yeah u need to have them off the floor and not against a wall coz of the lower frequencies. pretty sure u could make something - if u were that way inclined.

Safe, while your here, do you understand all that unbalanced/balanced stuff?soundcard audiophile 2496 from what I know has unbalanced RCAs. Im gonna connect them to my mixer.My monitors have balanced xlrs.Can anybody explain the implications of this. Can I just go about my business and buy any wires or do I need to take note off all this?sh*t is confusing

Guest faze .

how shud i set mine up? i bet im gonna have a tight room when i go back to uni in september.... deff wont have desk space....

how shud i set mine up? i bet im gonna have a tight room when i go back to uni in september.... deff wont have desk space....
keep them off the floor and away from walls, u need to sit inbetween them in a triangle. Get a synth and record a burst of white noise with the best mic u can get. Because white noise is sound with equal volume in each frequency range, when u play back the sound u just recorded, if u use a spectrum analyser such as Voxengo's Span (p.m for vst) u can see which frequencies are being unintentionally boosted by the acoustics of ur room.

while ur here lolMy monitors and everything were working perfectly last weekthis week i connected everything up and they dont go loud anymore.The mixer level indicator dont even colour upwhat are the implications?I might add that I was having PCI problems with it yesterday (when I put the soundcard in, the PC wont even turn on) but I sorted it out, a wire was touching a pci card so now I put it where it was supposed to be, everything has been bless.

while ur here lolMy monitors and everything were working perfectly last weekthis week i connected everything up and they dont go loud anymore.The mixer level indicator dont even colour upwhat are the implications?I might add that I was having PCI problems with it yesterday (when I put the soundcard in, the PC wont even turn on) but I sorted it out, a wire was touching a pci card so now I put it where it was supposed to be, everything has been bless.
is the mixer on the right channel? like u got it switched to aux and not phono yeah? Wot about the volume on ur computer? Is that at max? try wiring something else into one of the other channels to see if that works. (or it could be something dumb like the master volume, the number of times i've accidentally turned that down and then spent an hour blowing on stuff and taking it apart coz i can't hear anything.)