NBA 2009/10

Superstition

Pissed that he still dropped 30 and 7 assists.

Stop trying to deflect :lol: He was forcing it in the 4th and it was because of those posters. FACHT

Rajon Rondo just channeled Larry Bird in the Cleveland-Boston game: 29 points, 18 rebounds, 13 assists. Stellar performance, dude was everywhere, clutch scores, boards and Magic Johnson assists, one of the best playoffs performances I've seen. He's second in triple doubles in Celtics history behind Larry Bird. That's f*ck*ng sick

Boston win and tie it up 2-2. Cleveland looking very vulnerable (cue the 'my poor elbow' face)... Celts could steal this series. Gonna need Pierce to wake up though

d*ckheadish. And dumb, too - just more fuel for the fire to a guy like Fisher. I've never understood the animosity from sections of Jazz fans towards him - there were even some "Fisher Lied" T-shirts dotted around the arena.

In case anybody didn't know, Steve Nash >>>>

Pulled some Deadeye Duck sharpshooting with 6 stitches and an eye swollen shut to close out the Spurs sweep. Making threes without depth perception and allsorts. Such a sick series, every game was drama

5fncjr.gif

2vjso51.jpg

Lebron with an EPIC stinker in the biggest Cavs game of the season

Celtics crushed Cleveland at home, 120-88, the Big 4 ran riot. It was cold blooded. Bron shot 20% and didn't sink a FG til the 2nd half. Awful game and the Cavs did not turn up in his absence - they did not look like a championship side at all

f*ck all y'all...

im disappointed in cavaliers but wat can i say lebron is not a champion he is a showpony,secretly i think he only cares about the mvp award then switches off

harsh but i hope he never wins a ring,plus im glad varejao,west,williams wont get one,but sad that zydrunas wont get one and that shaquisition wont get another

hope celtics can beat magic,just gotta keep howard in foul trouble i guess?

The image of the Cavs in the last minute or so is burned into my skull. The Celtics responded with a little run after James hit b2b threes earlier in the quarter, Pierce and Sheed hit big threes of their own and Garnett had an 'official comeback' slam for the cameras, but it wasn't a knockout blow. LeBron got into the lane (finally) for a dunk and going into crunch time with the Celtics missing free-throws the game was still there to be won. Down seven with two minutes left and you barely get off a shot attempt, you elect not to foul? In the final moments of the defining game of the season, the culmination of the last seven years and you let the opposition run down the clock?!. In hindsight the Celts run did more than steal momentum, somewhere between the buckets from Rondo and co the Cavs had a paralyzing moment of clarity, and subsequently gave up. If it were boxing Mike Brown would've been gearing up to throw a towel into the ring if not for showing up at the wrong venue. If he were smart he'd already be started on the Wizards Playbook but even that is wistful thinking.

TBH I think LBJ's ceiling has lowered abit, he'll get a title don't get me wrong but the idea of him getting multiple ships and usurping MJs spot as GOAT seems abit out of reach atm. The majority of the titles up for grabs in the next five years hinges on the upcoming free agent market and on whether LBJ/Wade decide to form a coalition or face each other in the ECF on an annual basis. Rondo will be the linchpin of Celtics in the upcoming years but the Big Three are basically done, this is their swansong. Kobe has two-three years with L.A. competing at the very top. The Spurs are done, and if the Suns don't do it this year they may not do it ever. Nowitzkis future with the Mavs is unsure and Detroit didn't even make the playoffs this year. The powerhouses of the league in the post-Bulls era are all in their final years and theirs gonna be a vacuum for guys like James,Wade,Bosh,Melo and to only a slightly lesser extent CP3,D.Will,Rose,Roy etc. The titles are in the air this years free agency begins the boxing out and vying for position of the future dynasties.

/

Lol @ Shaq. Sheed slays another foe in his quest for Undisputed Champion of the All NBA Piggyback team. Next up. Vince Carter.

NBA player tweets

Marcin Gortat:

"BUhahhhaahahha...WE ALL WITNESSES!!!"

Stephen Curry:

"Let the Lebron Free Agency Circus begin. Sportcenter is about to OD on some #23!"

Jared Dudley:

"What's good tweets!!So everybody is talkin bout Lebron today..I'm telling u NOW that he's going to drag this out.He's not signing til AuGust"

Ty Lawson:

"Yooo is that true about lebrons mom and delonte west?"

"Please tell me she ain't smash the homie"

"Son delonte west might the most savage ass n@**a on this earth... Lol... WTF"

Steve Nash >>>>>>>

“The eleven to reach the final for Inter are: Butt, Yashin, Banks, Zoff, Maier, Tomaszewski, Zubizarreta, Schmeichel Clemens, Higuita, Chilavert.’’

Mourinho responds:

“When I read comments by many real football people they understood how well we played that game and how much credit the players deserve. When I read some comments from some, I don’t want to say stupid people . . . For example, I read a comment from one of the best basketball players in the NBA, Steve Nash. He was saying that Inter could play that game with 10 goalkeepers. Fortunately, he plays basketball. He understands nothing about football.

Steve again :lol:

Oops I must’ve hit a nerve. Don’t worry Jose Mourinho I’ll bring you a case of wine to Madrid next season and we can make up!
  • Upvote 1

Lakers Vs Suns - Mindgames Edition

Phil Jackson

Jackson had grinned when asked on Friday if it's tough for the Lakers to prepare to face Nash, the reigning NBA skills champion, because of the Suns guard's frenetic style.

"Yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said, making a gesture of palming the basketball. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it."

Asked Saturday in El Segundo at Lakers practice about Nash's comments, Jackson smiled and feigned innocence. "I didn't complain about it. Did you hear me complain about it?"

Steve Nash

"It's news to me. I'm fortunate. I don't know if I've been called for a carry yet," he said after the Suns practiced Saturday, then he added straight-faced: "I've never heard anyone accuse me of carrying it. I mean, the best coach in the league Gregg Popovich [of San Antonio] didn't have a problem with it last week."

"We have the best officials in the world," Nash continued. "I'll just leave it up to them."

Alvin Gentry

"You guys got to admire Phil," Gentry said. "C'mon, the stuff that he throws out there, I mean I think it's great. He's very creative. There's a reason. But I think you've got to understand that there's kind of a method to his madness. If you let it affect you, then it will."

Gentry went on to praise Jackson for his ability to create championship chemistry on teams with great players, calling it "probably the toughest thing in the NBA to do."

He said the Suns weren't going to get drawn into what they consider Jackson's psychological ploy.

"How can we win that?" Gentry said. "We're not going to win that battle anyway."

But the Phoenix coach added a jab at the Lakers when he was asked jokingly if the team worked on ball handling skills.

"We spent the day ducking elbows on post-ups, to see if we could duck elbows on post-ups, " Gentry said, a not-to-thinly veiled nod to the Lakers' style. "So it all works out, it all works out."

Ron Artest

Little bitches

He did now :Y:

/

I'm starting to think that Delonte didn't not smash Queen James (Snr). I mean we've already established he's a person of shady character and ill repute (Desperado incident), and LBJ's demeanor in that Celtic series; if his mum was getting piped by a team mate those are the sort of performances you'd expect right, right?