Guest Esquilax

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Esquilax
theres defintely nothing ludicrous about what ppl have saidi would like bullet points of ludicrous comments.
"So what you're saying ispeople who know alot about films, think kidulthood is great?"Ludicrous.

Guest Esquilax

people saying the film lacks direction and this being the cause of it's mediocritypeople saying supposedly middle class people are incapable of picking up a weapon after family tragedyidiotic small gripes like what jacket he's wearinggenerally trying to say this film should essentially be a fly on the wall documentary which is, in itself ludicrous, because this is a movie, its purpose is to entertain and create revenue, and you wont do that by making a bland story about a scuffle in morleysi dont see how anyone can disagree with my position on this, im not a HUGE fan of the movie, but some of the things said are unreasonableit's by no means an exceptional film, the acting isn't wonderful, some of the scenes are poorly executed/ shot, but still, i think this has now got to a point where neither party wants to concede that the other might be right so it's not going to go anywhereI liked it.

I never got why they kept the scene with that "c*ck tease" looking for trainers in.It added nothing to the plot and it was just another dumb addition.
On the DVD in the deleted scenes bit he goes to visit her to give her purse back.Shes wasted and horny and throws herself at him, he thinks f*ck it and leaves to go to the party. still doesnt really add much to the plot though.

Guest Esquilax

no, you see its you who doesn't seem to be able to grasp what's going onim not saying a documentary should be made, look at what i wrote again and read it properlyim saying that people are criticising the film like it should have the realism OF a documentary, whereas its, once again i'll say, a film, the purpose is entertainment and revenue, allowances must be made

no, you see its you who doesn't seem to be able to grasp what's going onim not saying a documentary should be made, look at what i wrote again and read it properlyim saying that people are criticising the film like it should have the realism OF a documentary, whereas its, once again i'll say, a film, the purpose is entertainment and revenue, allowances must be made
yeah but the problem is that this was a film that was billed as being a movie that was going to open people's eyes to the gritty reality of life for young people in working class, multicultural London and it failed to deliverof course i understand your points about how difficult it is to actually create a film but if you compare this to something like Nil By Mouth (which is a masterpiece imo) I can't see why you're singing it's praises

Guest Esquilax

Let's go through the quote again shall we?

people saying the film lacks direction and this being the cause of it's mediocritypeople saying supposedly middle class people are incapable of picking up a weapon after family tragedyidiotic small gripes like what jacket he's wearinggenerally trying to say this film should essentially be a fly on the wall documentary which is, in itself ludicrous, because this is a movie, its purpose is to entertain and create revenue, and you wont do that by making a bland story about a scuffle in morleysi dont see how anyone can disagree with my position on this, im not a HUGE fan of the movie, but some of the things said are unreasonableit's by no means an exceptional film, the acting isn't wonderful, some of the scenes are poorly executed/ shot, but still, i think this has now got to a point where neither party wants to concede that the other might be right so it's not going to go anywhereI liked it.
I said what it comes across as, is people want this film to have realism to the LEVEL of a documentary, unachievable because of the reasons I've stated more than once.Out of my depth? Don't be a patronising wasteman.

Guest Esquilax
exquinox comes like the male verson of DMF
HAHAHAH!!!PLEASE dear, you think i give a sh*t about what you think? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: the only thing that matters here is my apinion which is grate, so why would i care what a bunch of ego tisitical pricks on a forum think?I THINK NOT! :angry:

exquinox comes like the male verson of DMF
HAHAHAH!!!PLEASE dear, you think i give a sh*t about what you think? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: the only thing that matters here is my apinion which is grate, so why would i care what a bunch of ego tisitical pricks on a forum think?I THINK NOT! :angry:
nah but matewhat me and p.brisco are saying is, how come it is that things like The Wire and Nil By Mouth etc. can be made and be so realistic that they ARE essentially documentaries, but you're saying that this isn't achievable? also, basic things like the clothes people wear, the slang people use ARE ESSENTIAL. that's what makes the wire so good and not just another film/tv series which fails at properly representing the community it's based on. the amount of times when watching kidulthood you cringe or think "pfft that's just dumb" is stupid. you shouldn't have to suspend disbelief for a film that is supposed to be about real life.