Broadband recommendations

Bacardi_Up

FFS my broadband is slower now than when it started.

I honestly suspect a dodgy line in my home. Just opened the cover as instructed on the bt site and my wiring is not like it is there.

If it is the case that my home line has been poorly fitted/wired and/or in need of repair to bring it up to current standards will they do it for free?

• 3 weeks later...
Great news, we want to give you faster broadband and it won't cost you a penny extra. With speeds up to 20Mb now available in your area, we really don't want you to miss out.

Your current broadband speed is up to 8Mb, but after testing your line we estimate this will increase to up to 9.0Mb2.

what does the superscripted 2 mean? 9mb squared? :/

Guest El Padrino

Great news, we want to give you faster broadband and it won't cost you a penny extra. With speeds up to 20Mb now available in your area, we really don't want you to miss out.

Your current broadband speed is up to 8Mb, but after testing your line we estimate this will increase to up to 9.0Mb2.

what does the superscripted 2 mean? 9mb squared? :/

LOL nah...

It's small print, look at the small print there should be one with the number 2 which will have more details about the whole "UPTO BULLSHIT" speed.

Also for those on o2 gettin shitty customer service or your speed is not what was estimated and all that jazz, let me know and I'll give you email address of the CEO and as long as you come correct with him in an email. Things can be handled nicely or you can even escape the contract if need be ;)

• 2 weeks later...