Weekend Football 27/11/10

Francis Coquelin

TBH, I don't wanna hear CR7 being compared to Messi
Barca have the best midfield in the world, Ronaldo had 0 service, and when he did, because Madrids players were having to chase the ball so much, he was alone, but surrounded by Barca defenders

Such a naive performance and set up from Mourhino, I'm so shocked.
mourhino is usually a great tactitian ....God knows what he was thinking.... personally i think he was to arrogant in thinking that he could do what he did with Inter and stop Barca from playing their game....he was too negative. i think he went with the "as long as we dont lose" philosophy...

Guest Rorschach
TBH, I don't wanna hear CR7 being compared to Messi
Barca have the best midfield in the world, Ronaldo had 0 service, and when he did, because Madrids players were having to chase the ball so much, he was alone, but surrounded by Barca defenders
Mate, his decision-making & creativity is what separates him from Messi.Perfect example, CR7 in the 1st half turns, has space to run into, Real Madrid players ahead of him.He goes for a 35 yard shot.Messi in the same situation gets 2 assists in the 2nd half.Lionel Messi >>> Cristiano Ronaldo, it's not even an argument.
He took that shot out of frustration tbh he had had the ball about twice so smashed it the first chance he gotAnd the situation wasn't the same for Messi, Barca must have had 60% possession, playing without the ball is INCREDIBLY tiring, both physically and mentally, when Messi had the ball at his feet, he had options, Barca were in control, when Ronaldo had the ball at his feet he was often in a corner, or immedietly had players on himReal players were dragged all over the pitch whereas the Barca team kept to their formationIt's fair enough to say Messi > Ronaldo, but saying it because of THIS game, would be wrong
Such a naive performance and set up from Mourhino, I'm so shocked.
Was saying this.Such a mistake not to have someone trying to break up Barca's play. No pressure on the ball, nothing. He just let rape occur.
IndeedNo man to break up the play (neither Khedira or Alonso are true DMF's, especially not Alonso)Seemingly no instructions to press high up the pitchNo instructions for the fullbacks to TUCK IN to prevent barca passing inbetween them and the cb's (their favourite move)Its as if he just said 'we can beat them, go out and play YOUR game'Nah.

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Oh & Cipher...Lionel Messi doesn't NEED service to have an impact let alone score to the extent CR7 does.CR7 doesn't wanna f*ck with Lionel Messi.Even when CR7 is playing on a phenomenal level, Leo is STILL doing this ting harder.
Rubbish i don't understand why time and time again people alwyas fail to mention Xavi and Iniesta when this argument arises. Messi does need service, the World Cup proved that, without Iniesta and Xavi he doesn't play as well. Ronaldo hasn't been blessed with a midfield behind him that have been playing together for years and have a great understanding, most of the Madrid team that played today have been assembled this year.

Barcelona have a lot of arrogant, petulant f*cks at their club, but COT DAMN, the structure, philosophy, personnel of that team >>> God Bless Johan Cruyff...johan-cruyff.jpg/I never said this game only proves why LM10 >>> CR7, but the bottom line is that, Messi's decision-making, team-work & creativity sets them apart. This game was ANOTHER demonstration of that.

Guest Blue State Of Mind

Also i don't ever want to hear anyone say Messi is as good as Maradona, i just had a couple idiots on Facebook say that i had to school them real quick.

• Downvote 1

You know what is even more stupid about Mourinho's tactics.These matches (at least last season) have been the difference between the title winners, why would he set up so stupidly. No one in Madrid team doing the dirty work of just chasing down. (Seems like it should have been them that signed Mascherano)Pelligrini must be smiling.

• Downvote 1

Guest Rorschach
Oh & Cipher...Lionel Messi doesn't NEED service to have an impact let alone score to the extent CR7 does.CR7 doesn't wanna f*ck with Lionel Messi.Even when CR7 is playing on a phenomenal level, Leo is STILL doing this ting harder.
Course he does, look at the Inter game / the games in the world cup / games were Messi has been tactically stifledBecause Ronaldo is the focal point of the real attack, if you stifle the rest of the real team, you stifle himIf you stifle messi, the rest of the Barca team will still destroy you

@FantaDon't be lazy. Search my posts relating to Ronaldo, I've CONSTANTLY waxed lyrical about him, but when people say he's better than Messi, I gotta correct them.@Blue State Of Mind: Step your reading comprehension levels up. I never said he doesn't need service. Messi just doesn't NEED it to the same level. Stop taking him for some Michael Owen-like poacher. If he doesn't score, he's still MORE dangerous than CR7. This comes down to his decision-making, his movement, his team-work, temperament, etc. This sets him apart.

Guest Rorschach

People seriously underrate the Barcelona system + other playersMessi himself is amazingbut their high lineBusquets playing the old-school, new-school sweeper rolepressing ALL OVER the pitch, especially in the oppo half...not only does it make it easier to win the ball back, its f*ck*ng frightening, every time you have the ball you HAVE to do something with it, because you might not see it again till the next game you play against XerezA fluid front 3 in Messi, Villa, Pedro who are all interchangeable so its really impossible to man-mark any of them, Messi comes through the middle, Villa goes out wide, etc etcThe best retainer in the world pulling the strings in midfield in Xavi, pass, offer, receive, pass, offer, receive (repeat x100)Iniesta providing driving runs, creativity, and ball retentionAlves having inhuman stamina and effectively playing the right-side by himself due to Messi cutting inIt's a machine with a lot of f*ck*ng insane cogs

• Upvote 1

Guest Blue State Of Mind

Would the person who negged me on my comment pertaining Maradona and Messi please own up, because quite frankly the comment was very valid Messi isn't in the same circumference as the coked up genius.

People seriously underrate the Barcelona system + other playersMessi himself is amazingbut their high lineBusquets playing the old-school, new-school sweeper rolepressing ALL OVER the pitch, especially in the oppo half...not only does it make it easier to win the ball back, its f*ck*ng frightening, every team you have the ball you HAVE to do something with it, because you might not see it again till the next game you play against XerezA fluid front 3 in Messi, Villa, Pedro who are all interchangeable so its really impossible to man-mark any of them, Messi comes through the middle, Villa goes out wide, etc etcThe best retainer in the world pulling the strings in midfield in Xavi, pass, offer, receive, pass, offer, receive (repeat x100)Iniesta providing driving runs, creativity, and ball retentionAlves having inhuman stamina and effectively playing the right-side by himself due to Messi cutting inIt's a machine with a lot of f*ck*ng insane cogs
C/SBarcelona are so, so, so f*cked.And the bolded, the speed at which the game is played at today, it's amazing what Xavi does what he does.

Guest Blue State Of Mind
@FantaDon't be lazy. Search my posts relating to Ronaldo, I've CONSTANTLY waxed lyrical about him, but when people say he's better than Messi, I gotta correct them.@Blue State Of Mind: Step your reading comprehension levels up. I never said he doesn't need service. Messi just doesn't NEED it to the same level. Stop taking him for some Michael Owen-like poacher. If he doesn't score, he's still MORE dangerous than CR7. This comes down to his decision-making, his movement, his team-work, temperament, etc. This sets him apart.
What i got from your post was that there not even comparable, there certainly not in a different league.

Guest Blue State Of Mind
agree with anelka tbh ronaldinho was better then messi in pure induvidual skill terms... if you dont agree suck your mum you dont understand that his genius >>___ .. obviously messi is a more rounded footballer in end product but f*ck that its about the romance for memourinho knew he had no chances winning this game you could see it in his face befor ethe game...khedira got found out... guy is any fat tunisian immigrantdi maria looked like a lamb out theresome real bottlers in that madrid team thats the most worrying thing...oh and benzema.. LOL wat happend to this guy
Nah Messi ain't a more rounded footballer than Ronnie in his prime, pretty equal but Ronalndiho was better to watch.
  • Downvote 1

but their high lineBusquets playing the old-school, new-school sweeper role
2 reasons why the English teams will be rubbing their hands..3/4 passes and ur in behindEven Wally last season had them sh*t scared, with our patched up team we took ova deya, he got in behind at least twice but cocked it upBusquets aint that guy, I fully expect to see Masch in the CL games against English teams
  • Downvote 3

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Would the person who negged me on my comment pertaining Maradona and Messi please own up, because quite frankly the comment was very valid Messi isn't in the same circumference as the coked up genius.
Comparing the two is ridiculous, regardless of whether you're arguing for Maradona or Messi.
Yep comparing Messi to Maradona is ridiculous, there skipping a whole batch of players who it would be questionable to say Messi was better than, i.e Cruyff, Best, Zidane and co,