Weekend Football 27/11/10

Francis Coquelin

I can't lie, when I saw that RM team-sheet, I really was like 'WTF'.I was convinced that Mourinho would start Alonso, Lass & Khedira.Saying that though, even if he did, I don't think they're capable of doing what Zanetti, Cambiasso & Stankovic did last season. The whole RM team in general I believe don't have the personnel capable of playing THAT disciplined & on the counter.I'd be surprised of CR7 & Di Maria would do what Eto'o & Pandev did.

Guest Rorschach

As for Barca vs SPursLolHave you not seen what Barca did to Arsenal, and what Arsenal did to Spurs? (fair enough they ended up winning the last game, but Arsenal threw it away more than anything)Seen what Barca did to us?How exactly would Spurs midfield cope with Barcelonas? Palacios is the only player capable of performing the destroyer role for Spurs, but he would be hopelessly outclassed, and his distribution is awfulPique + Puyol should handle crouch easilyVDV is class, but he alone would have no more effect than Ronaldo did in this game, similar with Modric, he would likely be relegated to chasing the ball down more than he would be in control of itHutton? LOL. Guy is horse sh*t positionallyBAE could go either way, he's either shower or clown like, and I doubt he'd be shower against MessiSpurs real threat would be on the counter + getting Bale up against Alvesand I can't see Bale doing a better job than CR7, especially as they would mark him out of the game in a similar fashion to what happened to ronaldo in this match, having seen what he did to Maicon

• Upvote 4

Guest Blue State Of Mind
As for Barca vs SPursLolHave you not seen what Barca did to Arsenal, and what Arsenal did to Spurs? (fair enough they ended up winning the last game, but Arsenal threw it away more than anything)Seen what Barca did to us?How exactly would Spurs midfield cope with Barcelonas? Palacios is the only player capable of performing the destroyer role for Spurs, but he would be hopelessly outclassed, and his distribution is awfulPique + Puyol should handle crouch easilyVDV is class, but he alone would have no more effect than Ronaldo did in this game, similar with Modric, he would likely be relegated to chasing the ball down more than he would be in control of itHutton? LOL. Guy is horse sh*t positionallyBAE could go either way, he's either shower or clown like, and I doubt he'd be shower against MessiSpurs real threat would be on the counter + getting Bale up against Alvesand I can't see Bale doing a better job than CR7, especially as they would mark him out of the game in a similar fashion to what happened to ronaldo in this match, having seen what he did to Maicon
Bale would tear apart Barca that huge pitch would be a joy for him, he would probably get about 2 goals but Spurs would still lose 8-2.
  • Downvote 1

Guest Rorschach
but their high lineBusquets playing the old-school, new-school sweeper role
2 reasons why the English teams will be rubbing their hands..3/4 passes and ur in behindEven Wally last season had them sh*t scared, with our patched up team we took ova deya, he got in behind at least twice but cocked it upBusquets aint that guy, I fully expect to see Masch in the CL games against English teams
Busquets is that guy tbh, dont know why you don't see that especially as you rate Carrick highlyBarca had immobile Ibra upfront, they are a very different prospect this season and perform much more like, well, better perhaps, than when Eto'o was there.Walcott is faster than bale tbh, by some distance

Guest Rorschach
Who thinks the Arsenal team of 03/04 would beat Barca?
Easy neg.
Nah the invisibles would of give Barca a game i think.
The Invincables >>Now that would be a brilliant gameAs for BaleIm sure he could do thatBut, Ronaldo just failed to accomplish it..

Greatness is not measured in medals alone but in style. "Great clubs," Arrigo Sacchi said, "have had one thing in common throughout history, regardless of era and tactics. They owned the pitch and they owned the ball. That means when you have the ball, you dictate play and when you are defending, you control the space."There can hardly have been any doubt about the greatness of Pep Guardiola's Barcelona, but beating Real Madrid 5-0 confirmed its place in the pantheon. Perhaps the score line didn't quite have the impact of the 6-2 victory in the Bernabeu the season before last, but as a performance this was at least the equal of that game, not least because this was against Jose Mourinho's Madrid and Mourinho's teams simply do not get hammered; no side he has managed has ever lost by a four-goal margin, never mind five.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jonathan_wilson/11/29/barca.real.tactical/index.html#ixzz16iN7M7Tb
  • Upvote 1

Spurs v Barca if it did happen would be one of the ties of the 10/11 Champions League
Would love to see that mate, even though we'll lose. Two of the best ball playing teams in Europe going head to head. Would be a sick game!
2dmf7yd.gif
Bassong V PuyolCorluca v AlvesJenas v XaviModric v IniestaDefoe v CrouchBale V messibattle of titans :D that

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Spurs v Barca if it did happen would be one of the ties of the 10/11 Champions League
Would love to see that mate, even though we'll lose. Two of the best ball playing teams in Europe going head to head. Would be a sick game!
2dmf7yd.gif
Bassong V PuyolCorluca v AlvesJenas v XaviModric v IniestaDefoe v CrouchBale V messibattle of titans :D that
Lennon>>>>>>>>>>>PedroEkotto>>AbidalModric = InestaGallas>>Puyol
  • Downvote 3

Guest Rorschach

On the subject of Ac Milan and a few of their European performancesIts hard to imagine a team with Robhino, Ronaldinho, Ibrahimovic, and Pato could have played that badlyGood to see them top of Serrie A though.